April 25, 2024
78 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Official Gathering 2019 Thread!
August 2, 2018
12:49 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We could do a hologram.

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

MASTERWEEDO, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

August 2, 2018
12:53 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9040

scruffy said

Noah Fence said     
He's dead so... I'm gonna go with a seance     

ohhhhhh yeahhhhhh...  

think im kinda tuning out the dead famous people newses.  i been makin this mistake more and more.  

'sidewshow mix'  sounds a lot better than just performing an ep or two, a la dcgcon last year.  leaves the setlist open for more variety and 'surprise', if you will.  also makes us much less likely to gripe when they skip a song.  out, for instance.  

i think it would be the shiznit if they did a forgotten freshness tour.  a full set of stuff that doesnt come from any of the main albums.  

a one-off show like that at the gathering would be cool, too.  but i think itd be better for a tour.    

Grand idea, I'd say. Playing everything from Hey Vato to Cartoon Nightmares to Wicked Rapper's Delight to that Mancow song would be awesome and bizarre.

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
August 2, 2018
1:09 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Old Mr Dangerous said     
Grand idea, I'd say. Playing everything from Hey Vato to Cartoon Nightmares to Wicked Rapper's Delight to that Mancow song would be awesome and bizarre.        

well, not everything.  just the 17 14 they have more or less memorized.  

i just realized...  the default closer would probably be juggalo chant.  thats kinda stale.  

my personal vote would be for a hella-extended edition of its all over.  [i also think that if they ever do a 'last show ever', its all over should wrap it up]  

theyve definitely got enough tracks for it now...  have they done the 'all-hallowicked' hallowicked set, yet?  

if not, they need to consider it.  

ooh...  how crazy would an all-hallowicked set at the gathering be...?  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Old Mr Dangerous, djscrubb, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

August 2, 2018
1:16 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

Old Mr Dangerous said

Keep your worthless bullshit out of this thread you fucking waste of life.  

I saw it more as a joke. I saw the guy in the cape with a "Q" on the front of his shirt and I thought of the media frenzy of the last few days of QAnon sparked by the Q signs and shirts at Trump's recent rally in Florida. I didn't really think about which of the many forum threads I had open at the time or what the current topic was. (Bad practice - and too common). I thought someone whould find the Q on the caped man in light of the recent media coverage as being humorous and posted pictures from an image search that related to that.  

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

Old Mr Dangerous, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, MASTERWEEDO
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
August 2, 2018
1:19 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

scruffy said

well, not everything.  just the 17 14 they have more or less memorized.  

i just realized...  the default closer would probably be juggalo chant.  thats kinda stale.  

my personal vote would be for a hella-extended edition of its all over.  [i also think that if they ever do a 'last show ever', its all over should wrap it up]  

theyve definitely got enough tracks for it now...  have they done the 'all-hallowicked' hallowicked set, yet?  

if not, they need to consider it.  

ooh...  how crazy would an all-hallowicked set at the gathering be...?    

Dead Pumpkins, Halloween on Military Street, Wicked Hellaween, Murda Cloak... that's fucking good stuff right thur!

And If I Ate Your Brains, because that is a cool ass song... they should put that at the end of a good zombie movie.

Maybe Zombieland 2.

I still want to see a show where there is a considerable segment where J and Shaaggs "battle" eachother using solo tracks. Shaggy starts with "Fuck the Fuck Off!" and J counters with "The Loons".... "Southwest Strangla" vs "Toy Box", etc. Crowd reactions would be outrageous.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
August 2, 2018
1:21 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

Psyral Infection said

I saw it more as a joke. I saw the guy in the cape with a "Q" on the front of his shirt and I thought of the media frenzy of the last few days of QAnon sparked by the Q signs and shirts at Trump's recent rally in Florida. I didn't really think about which of the many forum threads I had open at the time or what the current topic was. (Bad practice - and too common). I thought someone whould find the Q on the caped man in light of the recent media coverage as being humorous and posted pictures from an image search that related to that.    

I considered that, and I appreciate your mature response. I just really didn't want to see anything Trump-related today.

Plus, you (unintentionally) shit on the integrity and brilliance of Quail Man. Quail Man would have voted for Gary Johnson, no doubt.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
August 2, 2018
1:42 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members

Quail Man might have voted for Gary Johnson but Patty Mayonnaise was feeling the bern

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

Old Mr Dangerous, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

August 2, 2018
2:03 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

Noah Fence said
Quail Man might have voted for Gary Johnson but Patty Mayonnaise was feeling the bern  

Who was that purple pedophile neighbor ?? Lol hes a Trumper, 4 sho. Roger doesnt vote.

Noah Fence, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
August 2, 2018
2:26 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members

Lmao mr dink

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

August 2, 2018
4:38 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

Aww shit djScrubb too!

Claiming real estate for the village is gonna be difficult next year🤔

Scruffy,  I'm down to help you and shaman...even though yall should know this already. 

And that goes for anyone else...im not a creative ninja,  but I am a good labor ninja....still can't believe drunkalo was gonna attempt to bring that generator to the village by himself.

I'm sure the 2019 gathering is gonna be alot more populated,  not just in the village,  but the campground as a whole, so Im asking everyone to really think about getting a car pass (is it really necessary), cuz claiming tent real estate is hard enough, cars make it really hard to claim,  especially due to the way LV conducts "The Gate Opening".

Hopefully more ninjas are down to spray faygo during shows next year,  I plan on bringing alot! ....and glow sticks,  lots of glowsticks

Whoop Whoop SPOOKYtheFUNGI :

bayAreaShaman, scruffy, djscrubb
August 2, 2018
7:17 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Psyral Infection said

Uve done a great job at oassive trolling. People write u off and dont tamr u serious. Cryin wolf..oh well. 

Ur my chesyr. I just read like one word and go yaaawn. Ur cooler in person.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said
Aww shit djScrubb too!

Claiming real estate for the village is gonna be difficult next year🤔

Scruffy,  I'm down to help you and shaman...even though yall should know this already. 

And that goes for anyone else...im not a creative ninja,  but I am a good labor ninja....still can't believe drunkalo was gonna attempt to bring that generator to the village by himself.

I'm sure the 2019 gathering is gonna be alot more populated,  not just in the village,  but the campground as a whole, so Im asking everyone to really think about getting a car pass (is it really necessary), cuz claiming tent real estate is hard enough, cars make it really hard to claim,  especially due to the way LV conducts "The Gate Opening".

Hopefully more ninjas are down to spray faygo during shows next year,  I plan on bringing alot! ....and glow sticks,  lots of glowsticks  

All good points! 

Me and scruffy got ideas man.

And im already thinking about our party we can have. Most of these parties is just ppl on stage bouncing around. Like i walk up amd just walk away. 

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, scruffy

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

August 2, 2018
8:09 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248

Does the majority want their cars within arms reach, or is it just to not have to lug things up and down the hill?

Im thinking that next year we are going to drive our vehicle in or near Columbus, get a uhaul truck, bring both to LV, and drive the uhaul loaded to the gills inside. Leaving our vehicle outside for daily runs. If any of you want in on this then we can split it evenly for however many. Paying (i.e.)$50 each to split a uhaul makes more sense than 7 people paying $100 for a parking pass. Families with one or more than one we can figure details once we find an amount and who's in or not. Well all get together and come up with a comfortable dollar amount so everyone is happy. Depending on the size we then have to figure if its a car pass, trailer pass, rv pass, what have you. Nobody has to make trips this coming year, that's my goal. 

With fewer cars to barricade the entry way we should possibly look into roping off the area? Caution tape? Something to deter hypnotized ninjas buddy from passing thru (wish I could remember his name). The bottom of our village sign stands about 7' high. Id like to somehow make that more pronounced and maybe use it as an arch to get in and out of the camp. 

As for the location, I was personally very pleased. My concern is the few ninjas we had laying on the slant to the left of the living room. I believe Spooky and Pigg were 2 of them, I felt kinda bad. With more bodies I feel were going to have to try and possibly find a larger flat spot. Or do some serious topographical mapping to find out best utilization of space. Behind Celle and Mary it started grading downward as well as to the left side of the canopies.

As for the mention from scruffy ill shoot a message in a week or two. Lets see if we can get some more names here and ill send a mass message. All the names from this years village will be automatically included, gonna wait for new names to pop up. OMD, DJScrubb, Noah. I got you fellas.

Nothing is written in stone, everything can be changed, and id like to have honest opinions of my "ideas". Im only one voice of many, all. 

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, scruffy, djscrubb

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

August 2, 2018
8:26 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Drunkalo said
Does the majority want their cars within arms reach, or is it just to not have to lug things up and down the hill?

i much prefer to have my car handy.  basicly, it is my tent.  

With fewer cars to barricade the entry way we should possibly look into roping off the area? Caution tape? Something to deter hypnotized ninjas buddy from passing thru (wish I could remember his name). The bottom of our village sign stands about 7' high. Id like to somehow make that more pronounced and maybe use it as an arch to get in and out of the camp. 

make a simple base for it, then add guy wires anyway.  nice, visible guy wires that yell out tripping hazard.  

i could just get a few more large stakes, build some tank traps to fill in gaps.  coulda did it this year, but it really wasnt all that big a problem.  less a problem than it was in past villages, and those were stuck in out-the-way locations that made no sense to cut through to begin with.  

As for the location, I was personally very pleased. My concern is the few ninjas we had laying on the slant to the left of the living room. I believe Spooky and Pigg were 2 of them, I felt kinda bad. With more bodies I feel were going to have to try and possibly find a larger flat spot. Or do some serious topographical mapping to find out best utilization of space. Behind Celle and Mary it started grading downward as well as to the left side of the canopies.

that piece of real estate is about as good as it gets anywhere else on the grounds.  bein a valley, n all, real flatness is pretty uncommon, and generally has ballas on it.  

which reminds me, id expect to see ballas sites takin up even more flat ground next year, the way it was in '16. 

Nothing is written in stone, everything can be changed, and id like to have honest opinions of my "ideas". Im only one voice of many, all.   

well, shit.  i was hopin for real ideas that were unchangeable and written in stone.  damn.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Drunkalo, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

August 2, 2018
8:47 pm
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members
Forum Posts: 1332

I'm definitely going to contribute a lot more next year.  Being my first year this time, I just kinda brought my tent and essentials and kinda went with whatever else was going on.  And of course, I'm completely willing to be a runner like I was this time.  While that was a pain in the ass to get there, lay everything out, get told that we weren't allowed to do that, running back to the parking lot to give the bad news, running back to the site to learn that the decision was overturned and we WERE allowed to set up, then setting it up again, it ended up being worth it.

As an aside, I did end up injuring myself in the mosh pits this year (cracked ribs), but I plan on doing that again as well :) I didn't realize it until I got home and slept off the fatigue and was like "wow, my chest hurts" and still saying that 2 weeks later.

Whoop Whoop Bonesaw Wizardstick :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, scruffy
August 2, 2018
8:50 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members

Psyral Infection said

OK, since it appears psyrals post ruffled some feathers,  imma add my 2 cents on them.

Obviously most of y'all have known them longer than I have, so my 2 cents might be worth half a cent to you,  so just bare with me....this is for y'all to "correct me if I'm wrong" , gnome sayin. 

Soooo.... Backstory on today's debacle. 

I posted my quailman post right before work...meaning I had alot of posts to read in this thread once I got home.  Before I got to the post I quoted above, I saw the hate storm roll in,  ie scruffy(expected) and OMD... Sorry to state names,  just trying to explain my perspective clearly.

I was gonna make a post then,  but I'm trying to change the way I forum, and instead of replying to a post as I read them,  I'm trying to take notes and post after I read all the "rebuttals"...im doing this cuz 8 times outta 10 I regurgitate something someone already said. 

Anyways the post I was prematurely gonna make was exactly what I quoted above (in a different perspective).  The reason I say this is becuz rover(morning radio show host) was talking about "q" and "anon" today. So when I saw his post I instantly thought he was being "relevant" with the joke he was trying to make.  I didn't see it as him spreading HIS opinions and beliefs, like OMD stated.

FYI,  alot of the shit covered  on that morning radio show, is what I see referenced by psyral here on the forums...basically Im in the loop on his references...once I started noticing this,  it made me realize that rover is just a media puppet and talks about what a certain side wants talked about,  gnome sayin...pretty much exactly like how y'all call them fox news people.

The weird part about that equation, is that rover dismisses all the shit psyral believes,  but the variables remain the same... They are both talking about the same shit,  like it affects the world...i consider this the point of all these "stories" we see on the TV and interwebs...

Phase 1-collect underpants....create a bullshit thing(story), in which has 2 extremely different opinions 

Phase 2-???....let the majority fight about it(configuring solution)

Phase 3-profit....collect data from majority and use the info to "get ahead"

Now for the "correct me if I'm wrong" part....remember I only have 2 years of knowledge on this subject. 

I feel that at one point it was,  "fuck psyral and krunks opinion on politics,  it's not juggalo"...and now it's "fuck them,  they don't believe the shit they posting,  they are just trolling"

And this is what I think happened.....

I think overtime "the majority" here started blending their serious posts and troll posts together.  That "living in an age..." thread kicked things off.  At first they stated their opinions and what not, then things got heated,  which lead to memes and other forms of jokes(which is normal).

I think that at that point ninjas couldn't tell if their posts were made with an evil grin or a harmless smile.   Overtime I feel that the majority concluded that there is no way they believe the shit they post and are just using algorithms to troll.

I believe since most outcasted them when they were "civil", they eventually gave up and said fuck it,  let's troll hard, since that's what y'all think anyways. 

I will say that they have toned it down and are trying to come back down to "normal", but when y'all don't give them the benefit of a doubt when they are being harmless,  they will be even quicker to troll hard. 

So I respect psyrals reply post... The one OMD respected/the one I quoted....cuz he didn't troll or take yalls reply's to him to heart. 

FYI my intention is not to "pick a side"...im just trying to express my perspective and gain more info to make my perspective a fact, instead of an assumption.

August 2, 2018
8:55 pm
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members
Forum Posts: 1332

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said

OK, since it appears psyrals post ruffled some feathers,  imma add my 2 cents on them.

Obviously most of y'all have known them longer than I have, so my 2 cents might be worth half a cent to you,  so just bare with me....this is for y'all to "correct me if I'm wrong" , gnome sayin. 

Soooo.... Backstory on today's debacle. 

I posted my quailman post right before work...meaning I had alot of posts to read in this thread once I got home.  Before I got to the post I quoted above, I saw the hate storm roll in,  ie scruffy(expected) and OMD... Sorry to state names,  just trying to explain my perspective clearly.

I was gonna make a post then,  but I'm trying to change the way I forum, and instead of replying to a post as I read them,  I'm trying to take notes and post after I read all the "rebuttals"...im doing this cuz 8 times outta 10 I regurgitate something someone already said. 

Anyways the post I was prematurely gonna make was exactly what I quoted above (in a different perspective).  The reason I say this is becuz rover(morning radio show host) was talking about "q" and "anon" today. So when I saw his post I instantly thought he was being "relevant" with the joke he was trying to make.  I didn't see it as him spreading HIS opinions and beliefs, like OMD stated.

FYI,  alot of the shit covered  on that morning radio show, is what I see referenced by psyral here on the forums...basically Im in the loop on his references...once I started noticing this,  it made me realize that rover is just a media puppet and talks about what a certain side wants talked about,  gnome sayin...pretty much exactly like how y'all call them fox news people.

The weird part about that equation, is that rover dismisses all the shit psyral believes,  but the variables remain the same... They are both talking about the same shit,  like it affects the world...i consider this the point of all these "stories" we see on the TV and interwebs...

Phase 1-collect underpants....create a bullshit thing(story), in which has 2 extremely different opinions 

Phase 2-???....let the majority fight about it(configuring solution)

Phase 3-profit....collect data from majority and use the info to "get ahead"

Now for the "correct me if I'm wrong" part....remember I only have 2 years of knowledge on this subject. 

I feel that at one point it was,  "fuck psyral and krunks opinion on politics,  it's not juggalo"...and now it's "fuck them,  they don't believe the shit they posting,  they are just trolling"

And this is what I think happened.....

I think overtime "the majority" here started blending their serious posts and troll posts together.  That "living in an age..." thread kicked things off.  At first they stated their opinions and what not, then things got heated,  which lead to memes and other forms of jokes(which is normal).

I think that at that point ninjas couldn't tell if their posts were made with an evil grin or a harmless smile.   Overtime I feel that the majority concluded that there is no way they believe the shit they post and are just using algorithms to troll.

I believe since most outcasted them when they were "civil", they eventually gave up and said fuck it,  let's troll hard, since that's what y'all think anyways. 

I will say that they have toned it down and are trying to come back down to "normal", but when y'all don't give them the benefit of a doubt when they are being harmless,  they will be even quicker to troll hard. 

So I respect psyrals reply post... The one OMD respected/the one I quoted....cuz he didn't troll or take yalls reply's to him to heart. 

FYI my intention is not to "pick a side"...im just trying to express my perspective and gain more info to make my perspective a fact, instead of an assumption.  

Rover?  Like 100.7 Rover's Morning Glory Rover?  That dude's a textbook contrarian.  Whatever is stated, he's opposed to it.  And his opinion is more valid than whoever calls in because he has a microphone and a drop call button.

Whoop Whoop Bonesaw Wizardstick :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
August 2, 2018
9:02 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

at some point, the distinction between pretending to be a bastard and actually being a bastard is nil.  

'i was only playing' is a small child's excuse.  

doubling down on a lost cause makes you a lost cause.  

i could keep coining a few more of these, but the idea was sposed to be that there is some kinda gathering happenin next year.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

August 2, 2018
9:02 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members

Bonesaw Wizardstick said
I'm definitely going to contribute a lot more next year.  Being my first year this time, I just kinda brought my tent and essentials and kinda went with whatever else was going on.  And of course, I'm completely willing to be a runner like I was this time.  While that was a pain in the ass to get there, lay everything out, get told that we weren't allowed to do that, running back to the parking lot to give the bad news, running back to the site to learn that the decision was overturned and we WERE allowed to set up, then setting it up again, it ended up being worth it.

As an aside, I did end up injuring myself in the mosh pits this year (cracked ribs), but I plan on doing that again as well :) I didn't realize it until I got home and slept off the fatigue and was like "wow, my chest hurts" and still saying that 2 weeks later.  

Well damn ninja.... I hope you get better soon!

Thank you for helping out with that endeavor, much respect and freshness points were earned for your efforts...you and LSDemon deserve mad props. 

You both now know what it takes to gather, can't wait to see how hard y'all gather next year!

Bonesaw Wizardstick, Drunkalo
August 2, 2018
9:21 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members

scruffy said
at some point, the distinction between pretending to be a bastard and actually being a bastard is nil.  

'i was only playing' is a small child's excuse.  

doubling down on a lost cause makes you a lost cause.  

i could keep coining a few more of these, but the idea was sposed to be that there is some kinda gathering happenin next year. 

Right... I understand your issue with them goes beyond my knowledge...i get your stance,  I just don't know the details...nor do  I wanna know...i just needed to make a neutral statement that I felt needed to be said... If not for me but for others as well.

I know your wise,  that comes with age(time), so Im not dismissing your judgement...nor trying to change it. 

Yeah I know I'm weird and believe in things you hate... But I saw light in them when I saw them this year....they were shining brightly and it was great...in fact I saw light beam from everyone,  including you!   The only time I saw complete darkness in someone was Saturday afternoon, and that was from you...i figure it's cuz the gathering is ending,  and you don't take that situation too well. 

But that's all assumptions anyways. 

Bonesaw Wizardstick, scruffy
August 2, 2018
9:33 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

yeah, i packed extra darkness this year, cuz of hells pit.  only broke it out after my sleep deficit pegged the meter.  

next year, im plannin to pack extra villiany.  but its much the same thing, so.  

ya know, mitchell picked on me for the same shit, while we were still there.  

its just basic cynicism, but on a very precise scale.  can only gloss over it for so long, before i get irritated at myself for covering it up.  

emotions often run a slightly higher, by and large, on the last day of the gathering.  and i only know how to do two emotions.  so.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Old Mr Dangerous, djscrubb

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online: winin84724
86 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

winin84724, Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845