May 28, 2024
18 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Now that the maps out
April 15, 2015
10:20 pm
jrw
pa
Members
Forum Posts: 137
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Where's everyone thinking of trying to camp

April 15, 2015
10:52 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Im thinking gypsy row 

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

April 16, 2015
2:37 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

Hopefully where @entrappedmind camped last year!

April 16, 2015
3:19 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Pigg said  
Hopefully where @entrappedmind camped last year!    

keep the exact location under your hat.  too nice to tell the world about.  

except, of course, to say that it was under the bigass tree.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

April 19, 2015
11:05 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
Forum Posts: 696

Hey y'all! Gotta check the map myself yet. Just dropping in to say hi, let y'all know I was without internet for a bit... Decided to tell my employer to go fuck themselves, so cash has been tight. Wife is still insisting that Boxy and I attend the Gathering, despite my protests that I was okay with sacrificing it due to finances. So, I guess that means I'll be there still lol. Worst case scenario, Boxy said he'd finance the whole shebang if he had to. Good kid.

So yeah... I'm back, hi, and see y'all there. And stuff. lol.

PS: You know goddamn well one in ten people that walked by last year said "Dude, I'm nabbing that spot next year." Sorry to break it to you two, but my expectations of nailing down the same place are incredibly low - if only so I'm pleasantly surprised if I do get it.

April 20, 2015
12:18 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

entrappedmind said  
Hey y'all! Gotta check the map myself yet. Just dropping in to say hi, let y'all know I was without internet for a bit... Decided to tell my employer to go fuck themselves, so cash has been tight. Wife is still insisting that Boxy and I attend the Gathering, despite my protests that I was okay with sacrificing it due to finances. So, I guess that means I'll be there still lol. Worst case scenario, Boxy said he'd finance the whole shebang if he had to. Good kid. 

PS: You know goddamn well one in ten people that walked by last year said "Dude, I'm nabbing that spot next year." Sorry to break it to you two, but my expectations of nailing down the same place are incredibly low - if only so I'm pleasantly surprised if I do get it.    

you and i have remarkably similar circumstances, at the moment.  

ps:  they can occupy it, but can they defend it?  i think not.  

all in how you look at it, see.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

April 20, 2015
2:54 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Ya know the one place that I think will turn into a big bru-ha-ha over...?

Those trees in front of the Carousel Stage that those ninjas made their hammock tents up in! The ones that became the targets of the Faygo Launching contest? One dude had that shit WAAAY up in there and I gotta say I admired their ingenuity of how they took care of the rains once those started!

Seeing as no one else had the idea beforehand, this time around, I'm betting that place is gonna get rushed!

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

April 20, 2015
6:17 am
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members

scruffy said

entrappedmind said  

you and i have remarkably similar circumstances, at the moment.  

ps:  they can occupy it, but can they defend it?  i think not.  

all in how you look at it, see.  

Yeah, right now I'm a house-bitch, doing all the cooking, cleaning, kid transportation, and what-have-you. Going pretty well, despite being broke. I mean, hell, we were broke with two incomes, and we're broke now - no less, no more. Fuck it lol. I'm developing quite a bit of hidden culinary talent, though, so that's been pretty cool.

I admire your ambition in regards to claiming our spot by force, if need be, but I'm not sure I'm cool with ambushing some folks whose only crime is to - unknowingly - be camped in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Then again, for that spot? Maybe.

April 20, 2015
6:38 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

@entrappedmind , so is boxy going to be ... well boxy again?

I was going to shoot for the same place as last year but it looks like they expanded the Big Ballas sites to include where we camped last year. I'll go in with no expectations and land where ever we land.

If you find a Ballas camper, (they are allowing up to 5 people with tickets per ballas pass in the night before the gathering) you can already be inside and hit your spot before the mad rush. Probably gonna be plenty of people doing the same thing. Only problem is that you'll miss the parking lot party since they said that once you are in for the Ballas early admission, you are not allowed to leave till after the official opening of the gates. The ballas will have to have their own party.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
April 20, 2015
6:43 am
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members

He hasn't decided yet. Just yesterday he was still tossing around some ideas. He kind of wants to get an assortment of blank "Jason-style" hockey masks and do some graffiti/artwork on them. But he still likes that he's already known for a specific schtick, and is hesitant to change.

Short answer - I dunno. lol.

I wondered about hitching along with a Balla to set up my tent at my spot, but I'm not sure I'd be able to save enough space for my car as well... And since I pack everything away each time I leave site, I need my car there. Boxy has been suggesting that he run ahead with the tent and canopy on foot, while I wait in the traffic line... We'll figure something out. If scruffy and Pigg/Chief are planning on sharing a site with us, I'll have a few other folks to assist me in my claim. It'll all work out somehow.

April 21, 2015
12:00 am
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492

My thought is to pick up an insanely large tarp or two, and send in a couple of people on foot to throw them on the ground and stake out stuff. Then people and stand around the outside and block off any additional space you think you'll need. Just a thought.

-Jules

April 21, 2015
5:52 am
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members

Not a bad thought. A couple giant tarps seems like it'd look more legit as far as claiming a campsite, rather than roping it off with tape or whatnot. Once I nail down whether or not scruffy will be able to make it, and whether or not Pigg and Chief intend to join us, I'll have an idea of how many helping hands I'll have in regards to claiming a site.

Thanks for the idea, Jules!

April 21, 2015
8:11 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members

Well, Chief has to be 1000 feet away from anyone under 18 at all times, so....

April 21, 2015
1:33 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members

Ouch. lol. I guess that qualifies as an answer, eh?

April 21, 2015
5:24 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

I settled on my strategy of slinging my tent and tarp over my shoulder and being part of the crush to get my spot from last year, set up, lock up and THEN going back up the hill to bring my car down.

As it is, I won't be able to actually park NEXT to my site but parking behind the Pendulum Stage which is close enough.

Honestly, I shelled out for the pass so I wouldn't have to lug everything up the hill at the end as well as have my car closer in case I need to charge my batteries 'er some shit.

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

April 21, 2015
5:29 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members

entrappedmind said
Ouch. lol. I guess that qualifies as an answer, eh?

I'm so glad he hasn't read this yet lol

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online: zodharry
47 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

zodharry, jowhoz, Jaff buzif, vepiko4389, Waynesix

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845