April 30, 2024
31 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
New to The Gathering Questions...Not New Anymore! :D
February 6, 2013
8:45 pm
BryceD546
Guests

Hey everyone! I have been seeing a bunch of questions about the Gathering and I thought I would try to give a few answers because I was in the same position as most of the askers last year!

I am by NO means a exert but I will share the experience of a fellow first timer! (Soon to be second timer!)

Last year was my first gathering, and regardless of any opinion you have or worry you have, just know I am 5'3 18 years old and I have Cystic Fibrosis  and I look like im 14 at best, you will have a great time most likely and I had alot of the same worries or concerns as most do.

Are people nice Is it really as great as everyone says? Is it safe? Will it even be fun? Will I have enough food, cleaning things, and money? Is the drive safe? Are Cops dicks there? Is anything like it? and a bunch of others. 

Well I will answer most of these in this post but know this to any newcomers: The Gathering was the BEST time of my LIFE. I mean it was absolutely amazing and it will be with me and my friend forever and I would suggest going to ANYONE and I know I will FOR SURE go for as long as I am able.

Now on to the questions!

Are the people nice?
YES YES YES YES!!!  The homies I came across were nothing but very cool and helpful. Even before me and my friend were in the gates we made friends and we even made one who showed us around and tag along with us to shows and events. Also, I even dropped my phone, wallet, and camera all on different occasions and someone was kind enough to inform me I did and gave it to me. Now, are there bad people there? Yes, but as long as your smart with your stuff I learnd most people are there to have a good time just like you! Even with food everyone was genoruos, including my bud and me.
Is it safe?
Like I said im a very small guy, and I never got any trouble from anyone! Just love and respect, everyone there really does treat you like family.
Will it even be fun?
YES YES YES YES I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. I was not bored once or annoyed with the heat I was always entertained, smiled the whole time and laughed more then I can remember.
Will I have enough food?
Ok, me and my friend spent about fifty bucks each on food. We had MORE then enough, of course we brought money for extra carnie food (If you go get a stoner bowl! great!) I would suggest fruits like oranges, these cracker meat and cheese combo things, cheese in a can and crackers, and stuff like that. Last year I got good advice on here to not eat just junk food because your body cant handle it and I found that incredibly useful also WATER WATER WATER! I myself am from ohio and got like six twetny four packs of faygo, but I ended up drinking moer water then that. Go crazy on water, even if you end up not drinking it all who gives a fuck! better to have more then enough then not enough. 
How are the bathrooms?
Not as bad as you would think! I only went a few times but I found some secluded potties that werent that bad. I ususally went in the morning when they were not busy.
Showers?
I didnt shower its gross I know but...fuck probably getting portable ones this year! I am bringing my toothbrush also....yeah I know
Drive there safe?
I heard alot about how the cops in this town are dicks. I personally do not have any stories about them but I did give away a bowl I brought there (it had a hatchetman on it sick as fuck) before we left because there is alot of cops outside it. I would suggest getting anything illegal there personally im not going into what i saw there but if you want anything you can find someone selling it!
Any cops?
Fuck those things! didnt see one inside just security, I did see cages they put you in there if you fuck around! So dont! Or you could end up like the theif this year whos car was destoyed. Its like another world in there. By the way The guys car was on MY camp site. Actually smoked with him.
Is there anything like the gathering? Is it worth the money.
I really cant stress this enough. This place is like no other. Its another world and I love it. Someone said we would cry when we left and I about did. The love and togetherness there is soooooooo untouchable. Its just amazing. Like me and my friend said muitlle times: Where else can you watch concerts, on a carnival ride, at night, while smoking a bowl? Its just the best time anyone will have. I would pay double what I did to go through it again. I brough about 400 dollars for gas and stuff there and spent it all. In short if you are considering going to the gathering just know it will be the absolute best time and its DEFINATELY worth the money just for the stories you will get out of it and the, I know this is always said, feeling of the gathering. The atmosphere is like nothing else. Giving my bowl away to a fellow juggalo, and leaving the place with fireworks exploding overhead and covered in faygo after ICP tore up the main stage just made me more excited to go next year!

February 6, 2013
9:18 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

i think this kid works 4 psychopathic ? confused

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

February 6, 2013
9:22 pm
BryceD546
Guests

Honestly dont, just wanted to sure my good time that I had and try to help anyone with the questions I had and would have liked to be answered! I know it kinda sounds like a ad for the thing but I honestly cant think of a negative thing that happened to me!

February 7, 2013
11:37 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492

BryceD546 said:

Showers?
I didnt shower its gross I know but...fuck probably getting portable ones this year! I am bringing my toothbrush also....yeah I know

Let me speak to this for one second. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep in mind that there are thousands of people at the Gathering who do NOT want to smell your unwashed body odor or your unbrushed breath. Even if you don't respect yourself, please have enough respect for others to maintain good personal hygiene. NO ONE wants to be smashed in a crowd next to a guy who smells horrible.

-Jules

February 8, 2013
6:04 am
Jeffalo
^what she said
Guests

How can someone not shower or brush their teeth everyday? I have been to multiple gatherings and I always shower and brush... you are a sick fuck sir

February 8, 2013
6:27 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

to be fair to bryce2D2, if i had cystic fibrosis, i wouldnt want to use those showers, either.  after about four hours, theyre roughly 20% less unsanitary than everything else at the gathering.  way nicer than nothing, but for someone who has to be concerned with that shit, it probably is better to bring your own water to wash with. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

February 8, 2013
9:32 pm
lordzero
lordzero
Members
Forum Posts: 90

Yeah i'm not gonna lie that shit is gross

February 8, 2013
11:39 pm
Deadfolx
Deadfolx
Members
Forum Posts: 206

Baby wipe showers, top to bottom and everything in between.  Also those little disposable toothbrushes with the little dot of toothpaste are perfect.

Unless you are camped near those showers its a hike. if you dont get there early as fuck you waiting a while.  And in years past where i did use em(back when there was hot water) they were filthy as fuck.  Almost as nasty as the port-a-potty i seen where someone manage to spray shit on the top of the stall.  Ok the showers werent nearly that nasty, but they were pretty gross.

February 10, 2013
9:57 am
BryceD546
Guests

Yeah I am very aware of how gross I am for the shower example, but maybe I should have been a little more clear. I did have my own water and a soap bar so I would wash like that sometimes If I got too bad, I just didn't

have a actual official shower like in the portables or my own one. The toothbrush though yeah I know....I saw people alot more filthy then I was though! Like I said not pulling that shit this year though!

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
52 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Michaeletews, issuesthycloon, MatthewMut, PureHateToTheFullest, Indica cart

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845