April 16, 2024
26 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
More Metal at GOTJ in general!!!!
May 25, 2012
2:50 am
Psy_Coma77
Psy_Coma77
Members
Forum Posts: 9
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Yeah some of you are going to roll your eyes and hate but its all good. I attended Gatherings 07, 08 and 09 and it seems that any metal band that plays there always gets alot of love. For one there is alot more energy on stage which leads to more craziness in the pits. Those bands dont give a shit about shit getting thrown at them unlike these has been washed up rappers. I mean unless you Ice-T or Ice Cube as far as the rap goes on main stage your gonna be shunned outside of the Psychopathic and the other close affiliate labels. Im not saying it has to dominate but I feel it deserves a bigger place there.  True a full band will cost more but I (and hopefully most of you do as well) want quality over quantity. Here is a few metal bands id love to see at a gathering....

Fear Factory

Machine Head

Dimmu Borgir

Cradle of Filth

In Flames

Cavalera Conspiracy

and as mentioned before Steel Panther

and Gwar needs to be there every year period.

and even tho im not too much of a fan of them I have heard their name yelled many times at every gathering i attended...........you know who im talking about.................say it, say it......SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!

May 25, 2012
4:21 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

im not against it, but personally, i usually find metal concerts tedious.

not hating, or rolling eyes.  all the rock and metal juggalos need their shit, too.  i think itd be cool if gatherings had r n b, reggae, spoken word, fuckin string quartet, any kind of music there is.  except country.  i fuckin cant stand country. 

and definately metal, punk rock, that type of shit, because its known that lots of juggalos wanna see it.  not TOO much metal, mind you...  heh 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

May 25, 2012
5:17 am
Radam
Radam
Members
Forum Posts: 358

I like the gimmick bands that don't seem to take themselves too seriously, like Murderdolls & The Bloodhound Gang for example...

More comedy and not giving a fuck! That's what I like about ICP the most!

I think it would be dope if Weird Al was at The Gathering too! Funny shit, none of that serious shit cause that just attracts a bunch of dicks who don't get it and need and ego check with knife to the face!

The ultimate would be Hulk Hogan & The Wrestling Boot Band! LOL

MCL

May 25, 2012
7:38 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

I think it would be dope if Weird Al was at The Gathering too!

fuck yes.  doesnt seem likely, but you never know, i guess. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Psyral

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

May 25, 2012
8:36 am
SPANGE
SPANGE
Members
Forum Posts: 921

Hell yeah the GOTJ should have my homies play again the CHURCH OF HATE from Tacoma, WA

May 25, 2012
3:12 pm
Starvin_Marvin
Starvin_Marvin
Members
Forum Posts: 63

Would be cool, unfortunately the metal community fucking despises Juggalo's. I was impressed they even got GWAR, How about some more Shock Rock?

How about Ghoul?

May 25, 2012
3:17 pm
Paypa Tone
Paypa Tone
Members
Forum Posts: 57

The last few years they have had alot of rap act.I think there gonna have alot more rock acts the next few years. Its time. At this point i think there having alot of acts THEY like i.e. ice cube ect

May 25, 2012
10:08 pm
iLLtheClown
Members
Forum Posts: 2700

Hatebreed you gunthers and Slayer might cost to much.

May 27, 2012
10:16 am
Ypsi Foolish
Ypsi Foolish
Members
Forum Posts: 725

GWAR said in an interview they dont think they'll play another Gathering, must've been some problems when they played in 2009.

Bands i'd like to see at GOTJ (regardless of whether or not they've already played the gathering):

• Marilyn Manson (prolly too expensive)

• Devildriver (despite past beef with Coal Chamber)

• Limp Bizkit (these guys have an AWESOME live show)

• Hatebreed (can u say "Circle of Death")

• Motown Rage (YPSI REPRESENT!!)

• Soulfly (EYE FOR AN EYE!!!!! i think they broke up but still)

• ALSO: Dope, Kittie, PM5K, Sevendust, Staind, Stabbing Westward(another band that broke up)
May 27, 2012
12:04 pm
lordzero
lordzero
Members
Forum Posts: 90

Does anyone else think ACACIA STRAIN at the gathering would be fucking DEADLY hype?? I'm totally with Cradle of Filth playing, that would be awesome. Bizkit would be epic too. Or how about Deicide??

I really think the Gathering's metal needs to lean toward that more extreme end, but truthfully I don't think their knowledge of metal over there runs too deep so it's gonna be rare we see them hitting the nail on the head with that.

May 27, 2012
8:20 pm
rowdymartyflair
Members
Forum Posts: 26

Metal bands always are guranteed to go over. I mean last year holding it down up front during Saliva was an awesome experiance. Mantiss was another great metal band that tore up the 05+06 gotj. Mushroomhead and PM5K always own aswell. Sad I mist CKY last year.

The main band they need thou is MOTORHEAD!!! or Rob Zombie!!!! but I would also love

Tenfly Viper

Primer 55

American Head Charge

Misfits(bomb house show)

Anthrax

Fozzy

Sevendust

Seplatura

I Wrestled A bear Once

In This Moment

May 28, 2012
5:57 am
Psy_Coma77
Psy_Coma77
Members
Forum Posts: 9

Fuck yeah Fozzy!!!!

How bout Iced Earth????

May 29, 2012
12:55 pm
SwollenThumb
SwollenThumb
Members
Forum Posts: 45

Fozzy would be dope, I can't lie.

Yeah, my main issue with Metal is that a lot of it is cliched, and they take it too fucking serious.  I get exhausted talking to metalheads, because most of them have no sense of humor about their music at all.

But yeah, I'd like to see more metal bands playing.  Even if they're underground bands, a little more variety would be nice. 

May 31, 2012
9:54 pm
wpajjohn
Guests

See i think Dethklok would be a really fun band to have at the Gathering,

and brandon small playing live it about the most badass thing i have seen in sometime

June 1, 2012
1:25 am
.R.A.M.
.R.A.M.
Guests

Ive seen 2 different Gwar interviews, one with faygoluvers.net, saying they loved the Gathering & would love to do it again, but on the main stage. I got a friend who is a die hard Gwar fan, he is all about that shit, he said in a recent interview some where, Gwar refered to the Gathering as "Planet Juggalo"(sence the do the whole outter space gimmick), they also said that juggalos & borabs(name given to Gwar fans) are the same thing & we should all unite, they would do the GOTJ again in a heart beat prolly. Mushroomhead & Kittie are 2 other metal bands that juggalos are into. Thiers a metal band outta Las Vegas Navada knowen as Hemlock that got mad juggalo love & have a great live show & a great sound, they should be at the Gathering. Id like to see Slayer, Slipknot, Misfits & Kiss personally. Kiss at the GOTJ=EPIC(if it happened)! 

June 23, 2012
7:50 pm
rowdymartyflair
Members

did get Seplature but it seems Igot soulfly outta my list

June 30, 2012
9:50 pm
rowdymartyflair
Members

Fear Factory added!!! Violent J stated this will be the most metal gathering so far........so horns fucking up for that

June 30, 2012
10:19 pm
Chris
Guests

soulfly and fear factory is great, i would like to see mushroomhead again, they ALWAYS rock the crowd, maybe sevendust,machine head,five finger death punch 

July 1, 2012
2:01 am
DESTRUCT
DESTRUCT
Members
Forum Posts: 160

id really like to see murderdolls or other horror punk bands

July 9, 2012
6:54 pm
twiztidkilla79
twiztidkilla79
Members
Forum Posts: 54

wpajjohn said:

See i think Dethklok would be a really fun band to have at the Gathering,

and brandon small playing live it about the most badass thing i have seen in sometime

Dethklok would be the absolute shit at the Gathering. Either way I'll see em on their tour with Lamb of God but it'd be even cooler to see them at the Gathering

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
45 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

GloriaIcome, Larrylet, organic cbd gummies, HelenSkits, Jamhajk

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845