May 1, 2024
26 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Les Claypool for GOTJ 2013!
February 5, 2013
9:49 pm
twiztidkilla79
twiztidkilla79
Members
Forum Posts: 54
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

https://www.facebook.com/lesclaypoolgathering

J experimented with more metal at last years Gathering and it worked perfectly, Soulfly's set and watching the Juggalos go wild was one of the coolest experiences I had.

This year I think it's time to experiment with the more "jammy" side of the musical spectrum. We already have George Clinton and the P Funk so why not bring more good times along the same lines. I'm sure it'd be better than dealing with uptight rappers like DMX and The Game who don't even show or get on stage. It just seems like it'd be a perfect match given that Les pretty much did his own thing and kept away from the mainstream outside of Primus.18

February 5, 2013
11:18 pm
patjoyce
patjoyce
Members
Forum Posts: 4891

I'd dig that, dude's a beast on bass. Never seen him live. It could honestly go either way, remember Andrew WK? Some people are just a little too different. There's never been a musician quite like him at the gathering, you never know. Metal goes over really well, but Les Claypool isn't metal at all. I can honestly see dude getting bombed with shit, which would be a shame. I was trippin my balls off for Andrew WK, I could have watched that dude all night, he had me on the ground laughing my ass off, I couldn't stop. Les just has that different voice and style, could go either way. I just don't see them booking him.

February 6, 2013
3:19 pm
j-sikk
J Sikk
Guests

Man, that would be the shizz. Primus has been one of my favorite bands since grade school. I've seen them enough times to know that Claypool @ the gathering wouldn't last long. As soon as ninjas start throwing shit, show's over. That's one thing Les Claypool don't play.

February 6, 2013
8:11 pm
twiztidkilla79
twiztidkilla79
Members
Forum Posts: 54

Yes Les does get very agitated when shit gets thrown at him, which unfortunately makes his set(if he ever were to play) a ticking time bomb with the rambunctious crew at the Gathering. J would have to give his little speech like he did at the MJ Cover band when he told us to not throw shit or they'll stop playing lol.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
64 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Michaeletews, issuesthycloon, MatthewMut, PureHateToTheFullest, Indica cart

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845