May 14, 2024
29 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Icp seminar
April 7, 2016
4:14 am
18 years down
Members
Forum Posts: 151
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

How early should I get in line for the icp seminar at the gathering if I hope to get a good spot up front?

April 7, 2016
6:57 am
djscrubb
djscrubb
Curbstomp Productions
Members
Forum Posts: 1390

Break out the sleeping bags, drugs and lawn chairs people its gonna be a long one......

April 7, 2016
7:37 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

18 years down said
 How early should I get in line for the icp seminar at the gathering if I hope to get a good spot up front?

To get a seat up front you will probably need to go to the seminar that is before the ICP seminar about an hour or so before the previous one starts and stay through the first one then wait for the second one.

I will more than likely just show up right about when it starts and stand in the back outside to avoid the epic food/trash fight that occurs every year.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
April 7, 2016
7:41 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

18 years down said

LOLz... "line"... har har har...

Guess again muh fren. Your seat for a seminar is wherever your ass finds a place to rest it.

The way he's hyping what he's got to say at THIS one, yer gonna need to get there WAAAAY ahead of time if you plan to be up front. And be fully prepared for the convection oven the tent becomes if it should happen to be as hot as it can be. It'll cook your head by the time they even come out to hold up "The Notes".

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

wonka69

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

April 7, 2016
4:22 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

I'm there now. FUCK THE BACK ! getclowned

Whoop Whoop wonka69 :

Pigg, JC, CellE2057

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

April 8, 2016
7:43 pm
Ypsi Foolish
Ypsi Foolish
Members
Forum Posts: 725

I'm prolly gonna show up to the seminar before icps just so I can secure a decent spot....last year I showed up about 45 minutes before the ICP seminar and my lawn chair was half inside the tent and the other half was cookin in the sun....

Unfortunately with these types of questions I've learned is that nobody will be able to give you a straight answer....just go and experience it, that way when you go the FOLLOWING year you won't need to ask these questions......I was in your place last year

Whoop Whoop Ypsi Foolish :

Rosco
April 8, 2016
7:59 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

And the truly 'know-ed' are also aware that if you are RIGHT up in front.... yer more than likely NOT gonna be able to snatch up any of the seminar tickets for the free stuff they give out afterwards.

They MAY walk a bit into the crowd to hand them out but they always START from the back (or deep to the side). It's during that time that if yer not in a group, you may lose your seat if you jump up to get one. Not that someone will steal your chair, but it might be a bit more cramped by the time you get back as everyone fills in the suddenly empty space from the hoard that leaves their bales of hay. If you DO get a ticket AND you're up front, enjoy the show cuz it is a CRUSH to redeem them that takes a while.

Bein' up front may have its advantage but... yer also at the front of the trash fight line and the "Fuck the front" chants are a LOT louder than the "Fuck the back" voices (more of 'em).

I too showed up for last year's "late" (as in not early) and ended up outside of the tent at the back corner but I had an umbrella attachment for my chair. Still managed to get a sunburn line above my knees from the uncovered parts of my shorts that can still be seen TODAY! But at least the air MOVES outside the tent. Any air fans they got in there are really for those on stage and it can get downright oppressive under a full sun.

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

April 9, 2016
12:24 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Cheshyr said
Bein' up front may have its advantage ...

such as...? 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

April 9, 2016
9:10 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

scruffy said

Cheshyr said
Bein' up front may have its advantage ...

such as...? 

Getting free food thrown at you. The front gets pelted with way more food than the back does.

Mmmm. Floor Nachos!

Image Enlarger

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
April 9, 2016
11:14 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

My first year there, I got hit with a full turkey leg that only had two bites taken from it. Them shits is HEAVY!

Somehow managed to hit me right in the chest (I was about the middle facing FORWARD to the stage). Didn't "hurt" but it sure as fuck made me pay attention to what the fuck was flyin' around!

I'll never forget the one girl (who I'm sure you could all ID for me if I were to describe her tattoos) who was standing up on a bale and not a single thing got thrown AT her as all this shit was wizzing by... I'm sure it's a trip.

@scruffy 'advantage' as in singular. THE advantage of being up close to the stage. No one in front of you. Close enough to hear them without speakers. Other than that? Arguable.

April 9, 2016
3:01 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Cheshyr said
scruffy 'advantage' as in singular. THE advantage of being up close to the stage. No one in front of you. Close enough to hear them without speakers. Other than that? Arguable.

the singular is arguable, too. 

kids in the front are always tryin to derail shit.  'i just wanna tell you about how my sister and i saw icp for the first time last year and it changed our lives so much and can i please get an autograph on this door panel from her car and also a picture of j givin me a hug?' 

annoying.  do that shit at the autograph signings. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Mr. Tidwell

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

April 9, 2016
11:55 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

18 years down said

theres no line, just get there a few hours early. If there's anything going on before it, plan to be there for that plus a few hours. Bring a book or something.

Bring your own chair, the hay shit is uncomfortable as fuck.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
30 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Peepeesucker, Jeffreynaigh, cannabis edibles, PatrickAvaix

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845