April 29, 2024
53 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Help a guy out, wanna get to next years gathering from uk, directions needed desperately
June 4, 2013
5:45 am
harvey1993
Members
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Right, so basically, I'm in the uk, I got one shot at going to a gathering as its so expensive to get there, I don't think I could ever afford it again, nor did I think I ever would be able to afford iT, but I got as far as this; get a plane to Chicago. How do I get from cave in rock from there? I wanna try and calculate how much I need to save. I think you know how much this means to me.

June 4, 2013
7:16 am
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members
Forum Posts: 4001

step 1:) google maps

step 2:) input chicago airports address

step 3:) input cave-in rocks address

step 4:) get directions off site

step 5:) ???

step 6:) profit

Blood rains down from an angry sky! My cock rages on! My cock rages on!

June 4, 2013
7:30 am
harvey1993
Members

It ain't that easy, I've tried that, it doesn't tell me how to get there without a car or walking, and it's a 105 hour walk so fuck that

June 4, 2013
8:17 am
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

take a bus? grey hound. buy a gps and rent a car. 

June 4, 2013
10:34 am
Joeberg
Members
Forum Posts: 102

Renting a car is your best bet. A bus will get you to Evansville, IN which is roughly 90min from the site. However, Evansville is not exactly a big city and the bus station is not really in the heart of downtown or anything so I'm not sure what your rental options from there would be. That could save you some cash though.

Wherever you wind up, you'll need a GPS. Input "IL-1 & Lamb Rd, Cave In Rock, IL". The actual location of the Gathering is completely off the grid but this will get you close enough. There are plenty of signs pointing the way from that spot. Getting lost from that point is not a big concern.

June 4, 2013
11:08 am
RydaFoLife
RydaFoLife
Members
Forum Posts: 492

Rent a midsize car from the airport. You'll need a credit card and to be at least like 25/26 to rent from ANY car rental agency. A lot of things offer better deals on rentals too. I worked somewhere where my employee card gave me a discount on rentals, I have an amtrak card that gets me like 10% off rentals, my chase credit card also gives me a discount. Just look for that type of shit if you don't already have anything that will give you a discount. Most of them already have GPS and or Onstar, but ALL places I know of have an option to rent a GPS from them. GET THE INSURANCE. Because if someone decides to fuck with your ride at the gathering the insurance should mostly cover it.  

Find the nearest Wal-mart, I would assume it's within 10-15 miles of the airport. Because you'll want to stock up on food/supplies. You can also pre-order things on walmart.com and have them delivered to the store you'll be going to. So all you have to do is show up, give them your name and pick up all the shit you want. We might be lazy, but we know how to make things efficient in America. Don't buy/bring a grill. Only canned foods no raw proteins. Buy a 5-10 gallon gas tank and fill it up at the last gas station including your car. You may want to blast the AC for a little every now and then which will eat up some gas. There is no gas station within like 50 miles. The only one that is near is usually always closed because they hate us. 

Buy a parking pass. It ensures you a nice big spot when camping. If you don't have a car around you chances are you'll get smashed up on by other campers. And you have nowhere to safely wait out rain/wind/beatings. People will tell you the parking lot isn't far, but the parking is hella far from any GOOD camping spots. And you don't really want to be walking miles back and forth carrying your shit. It's long, tedious, and unnecessary.

It sounds like you don't have the money to do this the right way though. I live 16 hours from the gathering and I use up about $1,000 every time I go. That includes driving there/back, supplies, tickets, passes, and my spending money for the gathering. I would advise you not to go if you don't have the funds. And really you won't be going anywhere if you're not old enough to rent a car. The gathering will always be around.

June 4, 2013
1:27 pm
mr B
mr B
Members
Forum Posts: 530

harvey1993 said
Right, so basically, I'm in the uk, I got one shot at going to a gathering as its so expensive to get there, I don't think I could ever afford it again, nor did I think I ever would be able to afford iT, but I got as far as this; get a plane to Chicago. How do I get from cave in rock from there? I wanna try and calculate how much I need to save. I think you know how much this means to me.

homie you prob not goin to be able to rent a car. unless u have sum parents , friends or whoever to get, pay and reserve it for ya, but dont no how that will work. since ur out of country, so if i was u i'd start researching transportation your best and cheapest chance is evansville,In. dont no if international flights come in ther though check that out also, but where ever u decide to fly into check for taxi cab companys. theres always places that have like vans and cars and stuff like that for transportation, from the airport so i'd try my luck with the taxi cab and its prob cheaper then renting a car. if u can fly into evansville jus get a cab. from evansville its like 45min to an hour. from ther youll need to get on state road 1 travel south to lamb road. if u pass it you will see A highway. its state road 146 thats where u can turn around, u can only turn right onto 146. an thats wher thers a gas station. thats open! unlike ryda said, but anyways if u turn back around there and head back the direction u was comin from, u will turn right on the first road you come to. thats lamb road! then travel that road "which seems like an eternity cuz ur ready ta get ther" for a few miles or so. you will continue  to go down that road which is hilly,winding etc.then you will come to a road that t's off, go right ther an keep goin straght and your ther homie. {shangra la} i can picture as if im ther right now. hope u make it ninja good luck homie mcl and if ya get ther an need some more info on shit you could always jus call me fam if your serious an you really need help with info,directions jus private messeage me or the best way for me to get your message is buy emailing me and then i will give u my number my email address is [email protected]

on a another note! dont listen to ryda hes a stupid hater. and the people down at the store/gasstation he is talkin bout. our very cool people they respect us! an if u was to have problems with runnin outta gas. big hog daddy that runs the place will hook you up an get gas for ya,so its all good.               MCL YO!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 4, 2013
4:10 pm
SexyLette420
SexyLette420
Members
Forum Posts: 196

Try to link up with some people driving down to the Gathering from Chicago. Most homies are down as long as you arent a skeezer and can thrown down on some gas, snacks, cigs etc.

June 4, 2013
6:29 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

yo dawg, i live in indiana if you can get to the fort wayne area i'm down to give u a ride the rest of the way

June 5, 2013
5:34 am
harvey1993
Members

Thanks for the help guys, really filling out the family reputation, feeling the love here, I will be back in touch once decide the best way from this list of tips, and figured out how much I need. I really appreciate the help dudes, this has been a pipeline dream since I was 14, I'm 19 now for the record, and I support myself fully, so thanks for the confidence ryda, but I will put all I have into this, it may always be around, but the bands may not, and it might not be possible for me financially ever again. I'm gonna take my chances. Much love peeps, lovin y'all already

June 5, 2013
7:33 pm
mr B
mr B
Members

harvey1993 said
Thanks for the help guys, really filling out the family reputation, feeling the love here, I will be back in touch once decide the best way from this list of tips, and figured out how much I need. I really appreciate the help dudes, this has been a pipeline dream since I was 14, I'm 19 now for the record, and I support myself fully, so thanks for the confidence ryda, but I will put all I have into this, it may always be around, but the bands may not, and it might not be possible for me financially ever again. I'm gonna take my chances. Much love peeps, lovin y'all already

homie for real peep out what i said an look into it an contact me homie u got my email address in the post jus hit me up on ther an ill b able to help u more and it prob would be easier for me to research some stuff for ya since im where u will b flyin into so hit me up through email an ill hook u up homie no bullshit! mcl yo

June 5, 2013
8:02 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

and like i said dawg u can prolly ride wit me if u can get to the area

June 5, 2013
8:51 pm
Jumpsteady82
Jumpsteady82
Members
Forum Posts: 276

LTB said
yo dawg, i live in indiana if you can get to the fort wayne area i'm down to give u a ride the rest of the way

If you live in Ft. Wayne, you arent to far from me.  prolly about 1 1/2 hours.

June 5, 2013
10:54 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

where you at? i live on illinois road in fort wayne

June 6, 2013
12:41 pm
mr B
mr B
Members

glad ta see sum other indiana ninjas up in this bitch i got bout 90% of my tats in fortwayne my buddy jay ran a shop next ta piears or how ever the fuck u spell it an we used to hit up showgirls the one on colesium road hah sorry an shit for the spelling then my aunt owned a house on 1 of the channels on lake wawasee i used ta have a blast up their i seen both the bizzare shows at the colisium we tore the loor up an was crowd surfin on sheets of plywood that was covering the ice u ever see a mosh pit on some ice shit got crazy i dont think theyve played ther since haha i could talkin bout fort wayne hours ill jus leave at this 

June 6, 2013
2:00 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

u remember the hooters by showgirl? they closed now but i had my bday there every year haha, i been lookin for ninjas in fort wayne to chill wit

June 6, 2013
7:25 pm
mr B
mr B
Members

LTB said
u remember the hooters by showgirl? they closed now but i had my bday there every year haha, i been lookin for ninjas in fort wayne to chill wit

yea i remem that hooters ha good times i used ta have in fortwayne shit i ever make back up ther ill have ta hit ya up homie im jus bout an hour or so away i live in muncie

June 7, 2013
2:02 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members

def hit me up if ur ever in the area homie

June 9, 2013
1:57 pm
mr B
mr B
Members

LTB said
def hit me up if ur ever in the area homie

for sure yo

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
53 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Michaeletews, issuesthycloon, MatthewMut, PureHateToTheFullest, Indica cart

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845