April 29, 2024
88 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
gotj at lost lakes: debrief
August 4, 2017
8:34 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

the high times article made me mad to read. with everything stacked against us in okc it was clearly up to us to make it a special gathering. our village was the shit this year. we had people walking through commenting on how baller our living room was, to which i thought YOU FUCKED UP if you didn't put effort into your campsite. home is important, you know? especially this year. kudos to shaman for the generator and fans, that was the shit. we maximized the shade and canopy/tarp set up too which definitely made home pretty tight.

*big motherfucking hoodoo! always worth seeing. he seemed the most confident and in his element this time. his dance moves gave me life. he had a guitarist on stge and announced this is the new chapter of hoodoo. every time i've seen him do passage live it gives me goosebumps, and this was no exception! this time he had blac on stage and it was fucking divine. i got no other way to explain it. i probably could have cried if i wasn't so dehydrated. 

*shaggy's solo set- my main issue was that it was on day 1, when everyone was exhausted from being up all night from the parking lot party. not to mention we'd battled the 113 heat index all day. i don't think anyone could have been prepared for that. celebrate live was a highlight for sure, but my favorite moment was shaggz "MOTHERFUCKER" banter. i was so amused that shaggy redid the celebrate woop's because it's the fucking gathering, gnomesayin? BRING THAT SHIT.

*shangri-la. this special moment i can hardly articulate. if you know, you know. it was beautifully dark, at times and then also completely enlightening. my words sound lame because it was so monumental. IT RAINS DIAMONDS NIGHTLY IN MY SHANGRI-LA LIT BRIGHTLY!!! walking away from their set in a hazy, glowing fog to cross thy bridge was ridiculous. how that bridge held up in the end defies all logic. 

*the glowing journey we embarked on to find the stage for alla xul elu was everything. i'll never forget the ninjas following behind us through the post-apocalyptic wasteland that was the dust forest  ("um so, welcome to OVER HERE") saying "you failed us" after we walked in circles, clearly lost. and then the dreaded SSB/BBS ONE MORE SONG that went on for 1928734 years. we thought axe would start at an moment but instead we were in this circle of OLE hell. mary, are we in purgatory? nope, this is hell. and side note, how about those slugs coming out of the portopotty. mike wrote about it and then we went on our porch to smoke a cig and saw like 7 REAL slugs on the rainy stairs. fucking weird. 

* visiting the main stage hours after the wraith was also magical. seeing all the confetti, smelling the diet root beer, assessing the carnage after it all died down......man, i'm glad we thought to go explore the aftermath.

*pepperoni rolls

*top notch fucking company! it was the shit to reunite with friends we hadn't seen since jday or last year's gathering. i felt more comfortable this year since i mostly knew what to expect after having one year under my belt. shaman, mary and dustin, adam and jc, scruffy and spl1t, fucking love you guys.

*new friends! chuckie boy (pizza plate blanket mofo, champion of minute naps) can you believe i found your girls' towel? i thought fa sho it wouldn't be the towel in question haha! you are a special human and i'm so glad you wandered through the chaos with us.

sazarah and maddie- endlessly grateful for letting us use your giant, tall person tent! that changed everything, methinks. you ladies RULE and i can't wait to see you again! 

hypnotized and mitchell king, it was great meeting you guys too. 

*what i love about gathering is you go with these ideas of who exactly you plan on seeing, but then once you're there, plans change usually for the better. we wanted to catch dandypunk but had enough stimuli back at the campsite. didn't see mayday like we planned either, but that was also totally okay.

*dustin's damn airhorn. i loved to love it and loved to hate it, respectfully.

*dabs n jaws on the water. you fucked up if you didn't check this out. 

*getting a ride with brad, one of the owners of lost lakes. dude was real as fuck. 

*icp seminar! people seemed salty that there wasn't any real NEWS but it was just cool as fuck to see them telling stories candidly, a few inches in front of us. i'm glad we made it down there this year because last year i was suffering from the heat (seems funny now, considering this year.) shaggz puffing on his ecig every five minutes. 

*motherfucking PROF! i felt like his set was over immediately, but i suppose that's what happens when you're enjoying something. it ends quickly. we will definitely make it a priority to see him live again. he really brought it before icp. CALL ME THE MAILMAN CUZ I COME EVERYDAY!

*i don't love all of lyte's new album but it's definitely got some good songs on it. the song with sugar slam is my favorite! i asked mike if it was her and he didn't think so, i'm glad to see i was right! it was cool seeing all of psy on the stage for part of his set.

*some of the most amusing moments were wandering around at night, seeing random shitty performances. we watched these guys rapping where the one guy was so far gone they turned his mic off. he had t-rex arms the whole time. it was fucking priceless. also! in the same vein, we saw baconomics try and start a chant that went like, "bacon! nomics! bacon! nomics!" only the nomics part was so damn quiet we lost our shit.

[edit:t-rex arms was t-ryde's hypeman. i hope there is video footage.]

*not seeing lynch was a bummer but it probably couldn't have topped how killer his set was on the strictly strange tour a few months back. 

*my eyelashes are still short and stubby on one side from lighting a certain someone's dumb short pipe at some ungodly hour, i'm just glad it wasn't worse. i could have done without the burning hair smell though.

*probably the biggest issue for us alcies was the bullshit 3.2% beer. it's hard enough trying to catch a buzz in extreme heat pounding beers back. thank satan for liquor, i guess. we'd never encountered percentage regulation before and for that reason alone i am ALL SET on okc.

i had a great fucking time and am still beamin'! the reality of being home hasn't quite sunk in, i'm still humming myself through my work grind. all the criticism of this year's gathering is frustrating to read because it was what you made it! and we made it fucking rule. i wouldn't really change much, to be honest.

also sidenote, a dishwasher at work learned where i was and told me the other day that he had front row tickets this year but had to sell them.......fucking LOL.

-spicy p

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

scruffy, Noah Fence, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Hypnotized Ninja, sazarah, Maryonette, Chuckieboy
August 4, 2017
10:55 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

*cries dramatically because spicy doesn't love him* lol

That's actually a great run down. Didn't hear about the t rex arm guy but I'm deff looking that up first chance i get. 

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

August 4, 2017
10:57 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members

Also lol front row huh

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, scruffy

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

August 5, 2017
11:43 am
Maryonette
Maryonette
Members
Forum Posts: 63

deathmetaljuggalo said

the high times article made me mad to read. with everything stacked against us in okc it was clearly up to us to make it a special gathering. our village was the shit this year. we had people walking through commenting on how baller our living room was, to which i thought YOU FUCKED UP if you didn't put effort into your campsite. home is important, you know? especially this year. kudos to shaman for the generator and fans, that was the shit. we maximized the shade and canopy/tarp set up too which definitely made home pretty tight.

*the glowing journey we embarked on to find the stage for alla xul elu was everything. i'll never forget the ninjas following behind us through the post-apocalyptic wasteland that was the dust forest  ("um so, welcome to OVER HERE") saying "you failed us" after we walked in circles, clearly lost. and then the dreaded SSB/BBS ONE MORE SONG that went on for 1928734 years. we thought axe would start at an moment but instead we were in this circle of OLE hell. mary, are we in purgatory? nope, this is hell. and side note, how about those slugs coming out of the portopotty. mike wrote about it and then we went on our porch to smoke a cig and saw like 7 REAL slugs on the rainy stairs. fucking weird. 

*top notch fucking company! it was the shit to reunite with friends we hadn't seen since jday or last year's gathering. i felt more comfortable this year since i mostly knew what to expect after having one year under my belt. shaman, mary and dustin, adam and jc, scruffy and spl1t, fucking love you guys.

also sidenote, a dishwasher at work learned where i was and told me the other day that he had front row tickets this year but had to sell them.......fucking LOL.

-spicy p  

I loved our campsite this year. Year of the canopies! As if we all found out it was in Oklahoma, said, "fuck that" and came heavily prepared to fight off the sun. I think our village had a total of 2 (?) canopies last year and this year it was like 6 (?). I'm interested to see what that turns into for next year.

AXE night was epic! Even if we were subjected to one more song for about 5 songs. We quested long and hard to find that stage. 

Love you too, Spicy P!

That airhorn though... I'm hoping he forgets about it...

They mentioned at the seminar that there was a dude in a shark suit swimming around during Jaws. I wish I would have been there!

He had front row tickets? Sounds like he's trying to impress you with something other than his slick dish washing skills.

Whoop Whoop Maryonette :

Noah Fence, scruffy, Chuckieboy, CellE2057
August 5, 2017
12:56 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

*  several items of clothing still had dust crammed into the seams, after i washed em all.  fuckin dust.  

*  did i mention how mufuckin awesomely tight the hoodoo set was?  especially havin blac there?  oh, i did?  well, whatever, spicy p reminded me that it was the shit.  my favorite set of the whole thing.  im a gigantic hoodoo mark, these days.  one of the biggest.  i could go on.  and i might.  

*  another thing spicy reminded me of was that bomb bit that shaggy did, the seemingly endless string of 'fuckin muthafuckas'.  only shaggy could do sumn like that, for that long, and [if you will] never 'repeat' himself, building up the whole time, and finishing just right to get the biggest pop from the crowd.  terrific moment, wish i had been filming.  in fact, is there video of that out there?  i wanna see it again.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

August 5, 2017
1:45 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

in fact, there IS footage. motherfuckin' 9 minutes in!

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

Noah Fence, scruffy, Hypnotized Ninja
August 5, 2017
5:25 pm
Chuckieboy
Members
Forum Posts: 898

deathmetaljuggalo said

*big motherfucking hoodoo! always worth seeing. he seemed the most confident and in his element this time. his dance moves gave me life. he had a guitarist on stge and announced this is the new chapter of hoodoo. every time i've seen him do passage live it gives me goosebumps, and this was no exception! this time he had blac on stage and it was fucking divine. i got no other way to explain it. i probably could have cried if i wasn't so dehydrated. 

*shaggy's solo set- my main issue was that it was on day 1, when everyone was exhausted from being up all night from the parking lot party. not to mention we'd battled the 113 heat index all day. i don't think anyone could have been prepared for that. celebrate live was a highlight for sure, but my favorite moment was shaggz "MOTHERFUCKER" banter. i was so amused that shaggy redid the celebrate woop's because it's the fucking gathering, gnomesayin? BRING THAT SHIT.

*shangri-la. this special moment i can hardly articulate. if you know, you know. it was beautifully dark, at times and then also completely enlightening. my words sound lame because it was so monumental. IT RAINS DIAMONDS NIGHTLY IN MY SHANGRI-LA LIT BRIGHTLY!!! walking away from their set in a hazy, glowing fog to cross thy bridge was ridiculous. how that bridge held up in the end defies all logic. 

* visiting the main stage hours after the wraith was also magical. seeing all the confetti, smelling the diet root beer, assessing the carnage after it all died down......man, i'm glad we thought to go explore the aftermath.

*pepperoni rolls

*new friends! chuckie boy (pizza plate blanket mofo, champion of minute naps) can you believe i found your girls' towel? i thought fa sho it wouldn't be the towel in question haha! you are a special human and i'm so glad you wandered through the chaos with us.

sazarah and maddie- endlessly grateful for letting us use your giant, tall person tent! that changed everything, methinks. you ladies RULE and i can't wait to see you again! 

hypnotized and mitchell king, it was great meeting you guys too. 

*what i love about gathering is you go with these ideas of who exactly you plan on seeing, but then once you're there, plans change usually for the better. we wanted to catch dandypunk but had enough stimuli back at the campsite. didn't see mayday like we planned either, but that was also totally okay.

*getting a ride with brad, one of the owners of lost lakes. dude was real as fuck. 

*icp seminar! people seemed salty that there wasn't any real NEWS but it was just cool as fuck to see them telling stories candidly, a few inches in front of us. i'm glad we made it down there this year because last year i was suffering from the heat (seems funny now, considering this year.) shaggz puffing on his ecig every five minutes. 

*motherfucking PROF! i felt like his set was over immediately, but i suppose that's what happens when you're enjoying something. it ends quickly. we will definitely make it a priority to see him live again. he really brought it before icp. CALL ME THE MAILMAN CUZ I COME EVERYDAY!

*i don't love all of lyte's new album but it's definitely got some good songs on it. the song with sugar slam is my favorite! i asked mike if it was her and he didn't think so, i'm glad to see i was right! it was cool seeing all of psy on the stage for part of his set.

*some of the most amusing moments were wandering around at night, seeing random shitty performances. we watched these guys rapping where the one guy was so far gone they turned his mic off. he had t-rex arms the whole time. it was fucking priceless. also! in the same vein, we saw baconomics try and start a chant that went like, "bacon! nomics! bacon! nomics!" only the nomics part was so damn quiet we lost our shit.

[edit:t-rex arms was t-ryde's hypeman. i hope there is video footage.]

*not seeing lynch was a bummer but it probably couldn't have topped how killer his set was on the strictly strange tour a few months back. 

*my eyelashes are still short and stubby on one side from lighting a certain someone's dumb short pipe at some ungodly hour, i'm just glad it wasn't worse. i could have done without the burning hair smell though.

*probably the biggest issue for us alcies was the bullshit 3.2% beer. it's hard enough trying to catch a buzz in extreme heat pounding beers back. thank satan for liquor, i guess. we'd never encountered percentage regulation before and for that reason alone i am ALL SET on okc.

i had a great fucking time and am still beamin'! the reality of being home hasn't quite sunk in, i'm still humming myself through my work grind. all the criticism of this year's gathering is frustrating to read because it was what you made it! and we made it fucking rule. i wouldn't really change much, to be honest.

-spicy p  

Yea you and dmj were definitely my highlights this year. I loved everybody, it jist seemed like anytime something ridiculous happened u guys were by my side lol. Much love to everyone. Im smiling ear to ear just thinking about shit right now lol

Whoop Whoop Chuckieboy :

scruffy, sazarah, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
August 5, 2017
6:48 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Maryonette said

I loved our campsite this year. Year of the canopies! As if we all found out it was in Oklahoma, said, "fuck that" and came heavily prepared to fight off the sun. I think our village had a total of 2 (?) canopies last year and this year it was like 6 (?). I'm interested to see what that turns into for next year!

Image Enlarger

'~'=

Whoop Whoop!

Missed you guys! MCL

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Maryonette

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

August 6, 2017
9:55 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

What if the village hosted "meet up massacres" for the whole gathering?

Like an event with food or games or something unique other crews don't do?

Village shirts could be made, and maybe Massacre shirts for sale?

I havent been able to make it the past few years. I will likely be overseas by the next one, BUT anywhere I go will give me vacation time, so maybe I could fly back exclusively for GOTJ lmao

Whoop Whoop Pigg :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Maryonette
August 6, 2017
12:13 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Pigg said      

maybe.  does mean that the village has to stay staffed pretty much twenty-four seven, though.  

also, far as 'uniqueness', shit that other crews never came up with...  at this point, its real hard to come up with a stunt that juggalo crews havent already pulled at gatherings.  not sayin there are no possible gags left, just that they may not be all that original.  

I havent been able to make it the past few years. I will likely be overseas by the next one, BUT anywhere I go will give me vacation time, so maybe I could fly back exclusively for GOTJ lmao  

that would be pimp.  

[edit]  

*  i got three or four stories that i wanna tell, but probably aint the worlds biz.  they do tickle me, though.  

*  generator turned out damned useful, just for keepin the fans on.  to say nothin of phone charging.  it did, predictably, lead to more than a few randos poppin in like, 'lemme use your shit, just cuz', but it wasnt exactly a problem.  

*  still dont know how to evaluate this gathering.  had a lot of negatives, yeah, but the good shit is why i was there, not to count bones.  anyway, im confident enough to say that it aint the stalest gathering i been to.  so theres that.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, sazarah, Chuckieboy

August 6, 2017
12:55 pm
Maryonette
Maryonette
Members

Pigg said

Could we host more Jenga Bomb, @Scruffy? That was so much fun at DCG Con and I think it would help bring new people around if we tried it at the Gathering. By "we", I guess I mean you, since it's your creation. But I'm down to help out, as I'm sure others would be.

Whoop Whoop Maryonette :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, CellE2057
August 6, 2017
12:58 pm
Maryonette
Maryonette
Members

Cheshyr said

Maryonette said
I loved our campsite this year. Year of the canopies! As if we all found out it was in Oklahoma, said, "fuck that" and came heavily prepared to fight off the sun. I think our village had a total of 2 (?) canopies last year and this year it was like 6 (?). I'm interested to see what that turns into for next year!

Image Enlarger

'~'=

Whoop Whoop!

Missed you guys! MCL  

Almost all of us totally jacked your canopy over the tent setup from last year, @cheshyr. That is an effective system.

Whoop Whoop Maryonette :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
August 6, 2017
12:59 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Maryonette said     
Could we host more Jenga Bomb, Scruffy? That was so much fun at DCG Con and I think it would help bring new people around if we tried it at the Gathering. By "we", I guess I mean you, since it's your creation. But I'm down to help out, as I'm sure others would be.      

surely.  all ya need is a bunch bricks and at least one flat surface.  shoulda broke em out while we were there, but it didnt really occur to me.  sorry bout that.  

i might be co-creator, but the game is mad simple, with room for tons of variation.  anybody can run it, any way they like.  long as bricks are gettin thrown at fortresses, its still pretty much jenga bomb.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Maryonette, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

August 6, 2017
1:11 pm
Maryonette
Maryonette
Members

scruffy said

Maryonette said     
Could we host more Jenga Bomb, Scruffy? That was so much fun at DCG Con and I think it would help bring new people around if we tried it at the Gathering. By "we", I guess I mean you, since it's your creation. But I'm down to help out, as I'm sure others would be.      

surely.  all ya need is a bunch bricks and at least one flat surface.  shoulda broke em out while we were there, but it didnt really occur to me.  sorry bout that.  

i might be co-creator, but the game is mad simple, with room for tons of variation.  anybody can run it, any way they like.  long as bricks are gettin thrown at fortresses, its still pretty much jenga bomb.    

Jenga Bomb using those sets of giant Jenga blocks would be intense...

Whoop Whoop Maryonette :

scruffy
August 6, 2017
1:16 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Maryonette said    
Jenga Bomb using those sets of giant Jenga blocks would be intense...       

agreed.  

probably get hard on the throwing shoulder pretty quick, though.  might have to have teams.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Maryonette

August 6, 2017
1:24 pm
Maryonette
Maryonette
Members

scruffy said

agreed.  

probably get hard on the throwing shoulder pretty quick, though.  might have to have teams.    

Yes! That would be great! I would derive much enjoyment from that!

I know that it might be way too early to start actually planning these things but if you need any extra supplies or whatnot, let me know. I'd love to see this go down.

Whoop Whoop Maryonette :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
August 6, 2017
2:19 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Maryonette said

Almost all of us totally jacked your canopy over the tent setup from last year, @cheshyr. That is an effective system.  

Aw!

While I'll take the compliment, I still gotta share it with The Juggalos.

All that shit I did (and if you recall, that was just what I could manage to bring up from my car! Cuz I had SO much more gidgets/gadgets left in the trunk!)... All 'that' came from what I call, "Gathered Knowledge".

Gathering Juggalos are some sporadically genius mafkas! Over the years, every time I see something "clever", I log it away. Like, little "life hacks" I would have NEVER thought of that solve so many Gathering related problems all at once!

Swiss Army Ninjas!

An' not for nuthin'... but my time spent on the burning hell that was "The Year of "The Line" at the 16th up on JCW Hill... didn't give me no small amount of education about how much the sun can hate on juggalos. Ain't havin' it!

"Gathering Harder" don't have to mean you can't make it plush. Only... sweaty-er.

Whoop Whoop Cheshyr :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Maryonette, CellE2057

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

August 7, 2017
4:59 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

Maryonette said

That airhorn though... I'm hoping he forgets about it...

I'll never forget and I'll make sure no one does. That airhorn is my legacy and I'll thank you to keep that in mind. 

Whoop Whoop CellE2057 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
August 7, 2017
6:21 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members

Whoop Whoop Noah Fence :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
62 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

issuesthycloon, MatthewMut, PureHateToTheFullest, Indica cart, sickjuggalo666

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845