April 23, 2024
45 Guests and 1 Member Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
GOTJ 2018 - Performer Wish List
June 3, 2018
7:49 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Wrestling wise, I'd like to see...

Shlak

Nick Gage

Joey Janela

Terry Funk

Brian Cage

Young Bucks

Will Ospreay

Flip Gordon

Pentagon Jr

Rey Fenix

Chris Jericho

Sami Callihan

David Arquette

Human Tornado

Blue Meanie

Stevie Richards

WALTER

Joey Ryan

Matt Riddle

Rey Mysterio Jr

Jimmy Lloyd

Masada

June 3, 2018
8:34 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

Can we get Matt and Jeff Hardy back? And AJ Styles!

June 3, 2018
10:58 pm
Deadfolx
Deadfolx
Members
Forum Posts: 206

Waka Flocka  

IDGAF that dude did a great show.  I was skeptical and hating before show.  I was blown away by him.  I hope they bring him back.

June 4, 2018
4:08 am
KNOTHEAD
KNOTHEAD
Members
Forum Posts: 28
July 30, 2018
5:21 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

You might just wanna update the thread title to "2019", cuz I'm pretty sure its the same. 

I really hope they get a few  actual comedians for the Super Gathering. 

July 30, 2018
5:45 pm
Drunkalo
Drunkalo
Members
Forum Posts: 3248

They had quite a few really good opportunities to shake hands and invite some big names this year, why they didnt or dont utilize them ill never know. Bone rocked the house, waka flaka kicked ass, onyx always kills with Slam. They have names in their pockets, just dont wanna use them, dont know why...

As for comedians, Clownvis i feel did really well, not only for myself but others were laughing pretty hard around me. I hope he learns some new stuff this year and we have him back.

Whoop Whoop Drunkalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

Yeah bitches, im that short gentleman mentioned in that youtube video.

And the very nice, level headed guy from that other youtube video.

July 30, 2018
5:54 pm
SteelCityDahmer
SteelCityDahmer
Members
Forum Posts: 334

CellE2057 said
Mike E Clark     It's been too long. His beats were as paint-by-numbers as his production for the last hunk of time that he was with Psychopathic {sorry n shit. I know that some Juggalos are so hard up for the dude that if I recorded and played "horse taking a shit after it ate 45kg of Taco Bell that was left in the dumpster for two weeks while Gilbert Gottfried reads Atlas Shrugged and chews his bubble gum noisily" for them and said that it was a new Mike E beat, they'd front like it was a masterpiece}. But the dude is and seemingly always was a true, honest to fuck, old-school, beast of a DJ. That's something that the Gathering has been lacking since he bailed. He's at least better than Rude Boy's kid or whoever pretending to be talented onstage, which is what we've been stuck with as of late.

H.O.K.       How fresh would it be if the small stage had "mystery guest" on at 2 or 3AM and fuckin H.O.K. came out and did a set?! No winking or nodding to the Juggalos about how cool it is that mono, roc, and madrox are at the Gathering, no acknowledging any pre-existent beef being squashed, or the fact that they're now Twiztid, or anything like that. They just came out like the underground, cheap ass pumpkin mask wearing horrorcore act that they were, did their thirty minutes, and got off stage. Like they're just another up and coming group tryin to prove that they deserve a better slot next year. That would be pure motha fuckin magic. To me that'd be way more impactful than both camps hyping Twizzler playin the Gathering again. Not to mention it'd be way more special to the select few that happened to catch em then and there. It would be one of those "were you there when...?" moments that make the Gathering more than just a music festival. 

Prof     Dude absolutely crushed his set last year. His weird, almost Bugs Bunny like energy, comes off loud and clear live and him getting the best slot at the Gathering (right before ICP) was well deserved. Since I first heard him I've been a fan and I'd love it if he became a Gathering staple. 

Figure     Pretty sure that he's been on my dreamlist for years now. Going back to the lack of a good DJ at the Gathering, he's much needed. Add in the fact that the dude's bread and butter is drumstep/house/dubstep remixes of horror movie themes and it's a no-brainer.

Godemis     I know CES has played before, I know that Strange probably won't be as present at the Gathering moving forward if they're there at all, and I know that Godi doesn't really do solo shows but it's my list and the overall "young, more lyrically gifted, and more creative Brotha Lynch" vibe that his solo work gives off could make him a great opener for:

Flatlinerz     It's the fuckin Flatlinerz. I mean, c'mon. 

The Original Project Deadman     That'd be Mike E Clark, Prozak, and King Gordy. Before Prozak did the same song over and over again. Before Gordy dumped out his creativity to make room for more shock. None of them are really around the Gathering anymore nor do I think that Gordy will ever play the Gathering again but damn it would be something to see. 

Jill Tracy     Not sure how well she'd go over on mainstage but if they stuck her on a lil pop-up stage to do one or two sets throughout the day for a Bizzaro world show/presentation or had her playing during the art show, it would bring a certain level of authority to both/either of those things. As of now both of them--to me--just kind of exist. Not that they aren't cool but it's more of a passerby kind of thing. Tom Wood is trying to make the art show more credible but it still has this air of afterthought surrounding it. Like the only Juggalos that are passionately interested in em are mostly involved in some way or another. A musical performance would give those areas enough XP to level up. Add in that Jill Tracy is an incredibly talented, weird, macabre artist that is capable of a very wide variety of styles and the results would be a certain vibe floating around those areas that would absolutely make them a "must do" as opposed to the "I'll check it out if I'm bored" scene that it's stagnating in now.

Last Podcast on the Left     The only radio/podcast thing that the Gathering has tried out is KG doin his thing for the select few that are interested and Wolfac trying their hardest to come off as edgy by exploiting Juggalos in increasingly dangerous ways as a way to disguise how fucking pathetic and talentless Daddy LongLegs is. There's a whole other market for the Gathering thru podcasts if they'd just give it a shot tho. LPOTL seems like a solid door into that world for them. If you aren't familiar with LPOTL it's a podcast hosted by three dudes and each episode will cover either a serial killer/cult/or paranormal occurrence. One of the hosts is a musician and one of the best, imo, true crime researchers around right now, one of them work(s/ed) as a writer for Adult Swim and has done improv for decades, and the other is a writer/comedian/politician. They all have an incredibly dark sense of humor and openly talk about how much they all love horror music/movies. They've done a lot of live recordings of the show and have large screens that are showing random scenes of gore/crime scenes/weird or paranormal photos/etc, they have sketches that they insert (one of my personal favorites is about a sentient bucket of popcorn that is also a detective trying to bring crime to justice but the criminals keeps slipping out of his hands because of all of his "buttery goodness".), they play music to set the scene/tone, and do rapid fire interesting/dark facts or trivia to keep the audience moving. Not to mention that they've brought up Juggalos before and have nothing but love for us. They don't actively listen to the music but the whole scene at large and Juggalos in particular get nothing but praise from them.   

So much yes for LPOTL! 

July 30, 2018
6:59 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

so what, just change this thread to 'gotj performer wish list', and keep usin it every year?  sumn like dat?  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Drunkalo

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 30, 2018
9:40 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110

scruffy said
so what, just change this thread to 'gotj performer wish list', and keep usin it every year?  sumn like dat?    

Sure

I was thinking today while listening to a Kevin Smith podcast that it would be cool to have him. I think I've said it before. Then i realised comic con is always around the same time of July and few would never miss that. Bummer.

Maybe if it floats away from the ending of july.

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

July 30, 2018
9:44 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

Sedated. Performing an hour long set of "Boogie Woogie".

Whoop Whoop Pigg :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, LSDemon
August 1, 2018
2:31 pm
LSDemon
Members
Forum Posts: 40

A graveplott reunion next year would be phenomenal 

Whoop Whoop LSDemon :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
November 12, 2018
2:26 pm
kukluxklown
Members
Forum Posts: 1201

SUICIDE BOYS

GHOSTEMANE

CASKEY

DOOBIE BANDIT

V-ICE

COLD 187

DJ PAUL

ESHAM

DJ FIRE

KRUCIFIX KLAN

FLATLINERZ

CULT OF FIRE

VOID MEDITATION CULT

MACHINE HEAD

BLOODSIMPLE

VISION OF DISORDER

HATEBREED

November 12, 2018
2:28 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

anybody notice whats wrong with this picture...?  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

MASTERWEEDO, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

November 12, 2018
3:28 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

The peice of shit calling himslef a juggalo?

The piece of website whos staff and members condoned it and stays quite?

Or the fact that gotj 2018 already happened?

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

MASTERWEEDO, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

November 12, 2018
3:39 pm
kukluxklown
Members
Forum Posts: 1201

SO YOUR TRASH TALKING EVERYONE

AND YOUR SOMEHOW THE VICTIM HERE?

EXPLAIN THIS ALL AGAIN IF YOU CAN

HOME BOY.

bayAreaShaman said

bayAreaShaman said

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
78 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

MichaelDes, THC Edibles, DeweySew, JosephPrope, Larrylak

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845