April 28, 2024
88 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Future of the GOTJ poll
March 1, 2017
1:25 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members
Forum Posts: 3110
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

If everything is true about Psy barely hanging on financially, what should they do about the GOTJ?

• Buy a piece of land and have their own grounds so that they never have to search for a location again, and they could rent it out to other festivals to make chedder(45% : 5 votes)
  • End the gathering for good, and try to focus on other, new ideas(27% : 3 votes)
  • Downsize to a two day event with just psychopathic and homies, no big names or special guests. (18% : 2 votes)
  • nota / other offer a solution(9% : 1 vote)
  • Turn GOTJ into a traveling festival, like warped tour or ozfest(0% : 0 votes)
  • Sell out and bring in corporate sponsors which would drive the costs up, and involve bringing in more police and security, and significantly less nudity(0% : 0 votes)
  • Let psychopathic go under, and declare bankruptcy, then sign to MNE(0% : 0 votes)
  • Put everything they have into getting a one of a kind event to occur at the next gotj, so that it sparks interest again. Something like Eminem showing up.(0% : 0 votes)
  • Start selling "rare" merch like twiztid, get phat paid off $17 sodas(0% : 0 votes)
  • Let twiztid have juggalos, give them all of their masters, everything they want if they will keep the GOTJ moving and going forward without ICP, let ICP downsize to just ICP and start stepping out of the lime light for the juggalos(0% : 0 votes)
Total Voters: 11

I for one, think the GOTJ is going to come and go and we won't even notice much difference. I don't think they'll follow through on a west coast gotj though and I hope that they have a back up plan they aren't telling us about.

But what do you guys think, if I'm wrong? If it really is as bad as all the rumors and alex jones level conspiracy theories turn out to be true, what should they do?

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

March 1, 2017
1:39 pm
MNEJVoorhees
Members
Forum Posts: 83

not gonna vote, but...

1) Start selling rare merch (why has this not happened yet).

2) If Psychopathic can't afford fuckin LAND then just wow! My ass has managed that (5 acres) with a shit ass 9-5. Make that shit happen, like, yesterday! I'm sure they got a mansion or 2, time to downsize brutha. Live life closer to a 'normal' person so that way you can afford to diversify and run a good business.

3) Just the idea of ICP failing real bad and reaching out to Twiztid to go MNE..... hilarious! They probably would not take them at this point, cuz burnt bridges are hard to cross.

Whoop Whoop MNEJVoorhees :

Noah Fence
March 1, 2017
2:47 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members

I voted to end the gotj. Let it become a cool thing that happened, and come up with new cool shit to happen. It would suck and be devastating but it might be good.

I was telling V Ron that a writer I like has a quote, "In order to rise, a phoenix first must burn" and maybe that's what psy has to do. Maybe that's what they are doing.

If you really believed that all lives matter we wouldn't need to say black lives matter

March 1, 2017
3:09 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

MNEJVoorhees said
not gonna vote, but...

1) Start selling rare merch (why has this not happened yet).

2) If Psychopathic can't afford fuckin LAND then just wow! My ass has managed that (5 acres) with a shit ass 9-5. Make that shit happen, like, yesterday! I'm sure they got a mansion or 2, time to downsize brutha. Live life closer to a 'normal' person so that way you can afford to diversify and run a good business.

3) Just the idea of ICP failing real bad and reaching out to Twiztid to go MNE..... hilarious! They probably would not take them at this point, cuz burnt bridges are hard to cross.  

Psychopathic will never have the Gathering on land they owned, does everyone forget what happened with Camp Zoe?

Whoop Whoop MASTERWEEDO :

scruffy
March 1, 2017
3:12 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8175

Hope GOTJ keeps happening; I'll just keep living every day like I'm already there. Psy's business plan is none of my business. I suspect they've decided to be useful idiots ("propagandists for a cause whose goals they are not fully aware of") for the ACLU. Heads up, guys; lawyers eat their young.

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

March 1, 2017
3:18 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members

You realize that the ACLU have used funds to defend even conservatives, right?

March 1, 2017
3:25 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

At least you put a NOTA option. Most polls on FLH are fucked in that regard. 

Whoop Whoop Guest :

Noah Fence, scruffy
March 1, 2017
3:35 pm
Deiko17
Members
Forum Posts: 101

Who the fuck wants to end the GOTJ?????

And yea, I'm sure that would get SOOOOOOOOOO much support from people hating on ICP

March 1, 2017
3:44 pm
Noah Fence
Noah Fence
Members

Deiko17 said
Who the fuck wants to end the GOTJ?????

And yea, I'm sure that would get SOOOOOOOOOO much support from people hating on ICP  

I don't think anybody -wants- it to end, but if they are really as hard up as the rumors are making them, it might be for the best

March 1, 2017
3:56 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

I could get behind ending it. Keep it at 17. Put all focus on DCGcon over the next 17 years. Fuck it, I'm voting for that. They could really develop DCGcon into some legendary shit. 

March 1, 2017
4:22 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

All good things must come to an end. Regardless if its due to whatever the reasons/rumors are they need to fuckin at least give everyone one last gathering. For the ones who have been down from back in the day and for the ones who never had a chance to experience it. At least people will have a chance to go one last time. I voted for a smaller/shorter gathering. Half a loaf of bread is better than nothing. And I'm with you Rob in saying that it seems like a lost cause for a west coast one. It's March...places are getting booked if not already for their summer concerts. I'm all for a 2 day event as long as its still the same gathering experience and not just like a Juggalo weekend where you have to book separate lodging. I still gotta be able to camp out and get my grill on. Gathering and hanging out with everyone was the best part

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

Noah Fence
March 1, 2017
4:52 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

MASTERWEEDO said   
Psychopathic will never have the Gathering on land they owned, does everyone forget what happened with Camp Zoe?    

doubt all that many of everyone ever knew what happened to camp zoe to start with.  

but is good point, still.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

MASTERWEEDO

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

March 1, 2017
4:57 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

oh, the last gathering thing...  

mmmmbrainz, years ago, said to me 'no juggalo should skip a gathering, cuz any of em could end up bein the last one.'  

that sentence got me motivated enough to get back home again, and stuck in my mind during every gathering since.  

but ive never, ever expected em to actually plan out a 'final' gathering.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Noah Fence

March 1, 2017
6:53 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

scruffy said

MASTERWEEDO said   

doubt all that many of everyone ever knew what happened to camp zoe to start with.  

but is good point, still.    

Camp Zoe is a state park now, dude lost half a million he paid for the land and went to prison

http://www.riverfronttimes.com.....nto-a-park

http://www.riverfronttimes.com.....id=2503535

Whoop Whoop MASTERWEEDO :

Noah Fence, scruffy
March 1, 2017
7:43 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

I voted NOTA. In my opinion here is what PSY should do:

- Do not cancel the GOTJ

- Cancel the March

- Do not cancel the Con but base the decision to have another soley on profit made

- Downsize to just ICP 

- Release consistent new music and tour to support

- Connect more with fans on social media regularly to build the fan base

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

Noah Fence
March 1, 2017
9:05 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

my own list:  

- do what they wanna.  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Old Mr Dangerous

March 1, 2017
9:52 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9042

scruffy said
my own list:  

- do what they wanna.    

but yeah, never judged the guys' business or personal endeavors much. I don't have the time in my mentals, really. I got nothing to add this poll.

Other than - I wished I owned some land here in Colorado. I really do. Someday, even if the Gathering is cancelled, it never means that it cannot resurface years down the road. If I become the baller that is always possible, I will make this a thing.

I will have one in eastern Colorado and one in upstate New York. Bet.

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Noah Fence
March 1, 2017
10:13 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

Old Mr Dangerous said

but yeah, never judged the guys' business or personal endeavors much. I don't have the time in my mentals, really. I got nothing to add this poll.

Other than - I wished I owned some land here in Colorado. I really do. Someday, even if the Gathering is cancelled, it never means that it cannot resurface years down the road. If I become the baller that is always possible, I will make this a thing.

I will have one in eastern Colorado and one in upstate New York. Bet.  

If i ever won the lottery you best believe i would buy some land, island or whatever just for juggalos to camp whenever they want and for icp to hold the gathering, guess i gotta play the lottery in the first place tho

March 1, 2017
10:43 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

SPOOKYtheFUNGI said    
... guess i gotta play the lottery in the first place tho     

lottery is a ripoff.  

havin said that, the one thing that every lotto winner has in common is... they bought a ticket.  

March 1, 2017
10:46 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

scruffy said

lottery is a ripoff.  

havin said that, the one thing that every lotto winner has in common is... they bought a ticket.    

Exactly why i said i guess i gotta play 1st, i never play

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
40 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

MatthewMut, PureHateToTheFullest, Indica cart, sickjuggalo666, RichardTourl

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845