May 14, 2024
32 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Footwear for Legend Valley
July 6, 2016
9:23 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

The rocks tore my toes up last year. @cheshyr had good advice about taping your outer toes or something like that to stop your toes from getting all shredded. I wanna know what type of shoes or boots do yall plan on wearing this year? I was gonna get some hiking boots but before I do I wanna find out what you guys are planning or any info you might have. Especially those who went the past 2 years and didn't have torn up toes. By day 2 it was a struggle to walk over those damn rocks and there isn't much getting around them. 

July 6, 2016
9:28 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

I bring three pairs of sneakers, a pair of flip flops, and a pair of crocs for showering.  The flippers I wear around camp, The sneakers I switch off each day or two it depends. The gathering is where shoes go to die for me.

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

July 6, 2016
9:30 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

ill be wearin timbs.  the same pair of timberlands i wear every day. 

and no, ive never had torn up toes. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 6, 2016
9:46 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

OCJ_Brendan said
The gathering is where shoes go to die for me.  

That was my approach last year and I guess it didn't work for me and my flat feed. Shower shoes is a must though. adding that to my list

scruffy said
ill be wearin timbs.  the same pair of timberlands i wear every day. 

and no, ive never had torn up toes.   

I zoomed in on the FLH pic from last year specifically to see what shoes you were wearing (that doesn't sound right) because I had a feeling you were gonna be rockin boots. I dunno if I'm gonna shell out the loot for some timbs but I might get something comparable. sneakers did not work well for me. 

July 6, 2016
10:01 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

OCJ_Brendan said
I bring three pairs of sneakers, a pair of flip flops, and a pair of crocs for showering.  The flippers I wear around camp, The sneakers I switch off each day or two it depends. The gathering is where shoes go to die for me.  

I also bring several pairs of sneakers, always old sneakers that I won't mind getting ruined.  (I just bought the most comfortable pair of sneakers in the world, but I've decided against bringing them to the gathering because I don't want them destroyed yet).  Also a pair of boots in case it's too muddy and flip flops for the shower.  I honestly think just not wearing the same shoes the whole time helps protect against blisters and stuff, since each shoes a little different if that makes sense, so maybe that would help sneakers work better for you @phreakcore 

July 6, 2016
10:23 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

phreakcore said  
I dunno if I'm gonna shell out the loot for some timbs   

not unless youre like me, and dont give a shit if they get scuffed up. 

that should go without sayin, but ive seen sneakerheads at gatherings stressin over how they cant wear their 'cleanest' shit. 

and yes, do not forget shower shoes. 

especially if it ends up rainy.  we will all wanna be out of our footwear as much as possible, basicly changing socks and dryin out shoes anytime we arent goin anywhere. 

trench foot is a real danger at gatherings.  kid i met at hog rock in 13 said he was goin straight from the gathering to a hospital.  could barely stand up. 

July 6, 2016
11:33 pm
Bostin
Bostin
Members
Forum Posts: 434

I just bring regular shoes because I walk a couple miles day and i'm not a fucking pussy, they're ruined by the end and my socks are done by the end of a day (I actually only ever get max 3 wears out of a pair). But it's not that bad.

youtube.com/c/bostinmckickass

July 7, 2016
5:04 am
18 years down
Members
Forum Posts: 151

I bought a brand new pair of shoes specifically for the gathering as well as a pair f Dr. Scholls inserts. I'm also bringing 2 or 3 pairs of back up shoes.

July 7, 2016
8:04 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

I stopped the past few years at Walmart in Heath OH. and picked up some decent $20 shoes. I wear my old shoes (also $20 pair from the previous year) through the gathering. After the FaygoArmagedon, I toss the old shoes and put on my new ones which last again till the next year.

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

ScottieD, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
July 7, 2016
12:00 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 6559

Psyral Infection said
I stopped the past few years at Walmart in Heath OH. and picked up some decent $20 shoes. I wear my old shoes (also $20 pair from the previous year) through the gathering. After the FaygoArmagedon, I toss the old shoes and put on my new ones which last again till the next year.  

I'm bring my (throwaway) shoes that I've worn to the past couple ICP concerts I've been to. They will be laid to rest at the Gathering though. lol

July 7, 2016
3:55 pm
SPOOKYtheFUNGI
Members
Forum Posts: 3072

PunkRockJuggalo said

I'm bring my (throwaway) shoes that I've worn to the past couple ICP concerts I've been to. They will be laid to rest at the Gathering though. lol  

Exactly whut im doin

July 7, 2016
4:07 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

i cant imagine just throwin off a pair off shoes like that every year. 

i get expensive boots because they will stand up to gatherings.  multiple. 

shit, if i had to throw my shits away after one gathering, id bitch like a mufucka to the manufacturer for selling a lousy product.  should be able to get at least four, five out of em.  at least. 

July 7, 2016
4:26 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 6559

The shoes I'm mainly using are like 3 or 4 years old and honestly ready for the trash since they are so worn out.

July 7, 2016
4:34 pm
jrw
pa
Members
Forum Posts: 137

Shit my ankles where swollen last year by icps set I'm hoping to avoid that this year I think scruffy has it right with boots for ankle support

July 7, 2016
4:55 pm
Nyro
Members
Forum Posts: 2139

Timbs are sturdy as fuck never had a pair that didn't last at least five years of regular wear.

July 7, 2016
5:41 pm
Juggaloartist
Juggaloartist
Members
Forum Posts: 43

I buy waterproof steeltoe boots for moshing in the pits and the Faygo/mud, a pair of sneakers to wear around the rest, fully expecting them to be destroyed by the end of the weekend. If youre worried, get new insoles, but no matter what bring 10 pair of socks, no less.

July 7, 2016
8:19 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Juggaloartist said
If youre worried, get new insoles,

always a plus. 

but no matter what bring 10 pair of socks, no less.  

definitely. 

nice new ones, all extra thick and soft and pleasant.  utterly worth the cost outlay. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

Juggaloartist

July 7, 2016
8:25 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

I looked up what trench foot actually looks like and its fucken gnarly. I can tottaly see that happening.

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

July 7, 2016
8:32 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

bayAreaShaman said  
I looked up what trench foot actually looks like and its fucken gnarly. I can tottaly see that happening.   

yeah, it happens. 

but not if you air out wet feet and change your fuckin socks twice a day.  thats basicly all the prevention needed. 

July 7, 2016
8:38 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Now i understand lieutenant dan that much more.

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
38 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Peepeesucker, Jeffreynaigh, cannabis edibles, PatrickAvaix

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845