May 13, 2024
25 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Camping shower
August 1, 2016
7:35 pm
18 years down
Members
Forum Posts: 151
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

So I know it's 11 months away but for next year I want one of those pop up camping showers but I seem to be having trouble finding one. Does anyone know where I can find one? Preferably the kind with a frame strong enough to hold the 5 gallon bag?

August 1, 2016
7:44 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

Dicks or Wallmart during winter when no one wants them.  Right now everyone is camping.  I sent ninjas out to get me on the first day of the gathering.  Waaaay tooo laaatteee

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

August 1, 2016
8:17 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3521

Cabelas or Bass Pro Shops. Each have online stores if none are in your area. Definitely get one with support poles (like a tent). I had a collapsable one that popped into shape. That shit sucked as there was no possible way to get it back into the perfect circle it came in. Donated that to Legend Valley this year. I feel sorry if there was a ninja who scooped it on their way out.

August 1, 2016
9:22 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

I watched Phreakcore struggle with his lol it was pretty funny

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

August 1, 2016
9:33 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

The internet.

Amazon.

I think walmart has free shipping after so much money u spend. But on the other hand they are evil.

Choose wisely your soul could be at stake....

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

August 1, 2016
9:53 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9045

Planning on bringing one this year. Gotta love a 5 gallon bucket with shopping bags in it for a toilet, too. Done that innumerous times.

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

bayAreaShaman
August 1, 2016
10:07 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

Old Mr Dangerous said
Planning on bringing one this year. Gotta love a 5 gallon bucket with shopping bags in it for a toilet, too. Done that innumerous times.  

I like reading things like this from you O.M.D.

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

Old Mr Dangerous

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

August 2, 2016
1:25 am
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492

I'd check Craigslist this fall and winter to see if anyone is getting rid of one.

I found one of the pop up ones at my Goodwill outlet, and couldn't figure out how to fold it back up. Lo and behold, someone had posted a video of how to fold it up on Youtube. I would have NEVER figured it out if not for that video. But yes, they do go back into a perfect circle if you know the trick!

-Jules

August 2, 2016
2:16 am
Nyro
Members
Forum Posts: 2139

VeryTwiztidRaven said
I'd check Craigslist this fall and winter to see if anyone is getting rid of one.

I found one of the pop up ones at my Goodwill outlet, and couldn't figure out how to fold it back up. Lo and behold, someone had posted a video of how to fold it up on Youtube. I would have NEVER figured it out if not for that video. But yes, they do go back into a perfect circle if you know the trick!

-Jules  

Buying someone elses pop up shower.....hmmmmm. Not sure I am down but I guess it is better then public showers.

August 2, 2016
3:52 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

1) Wal-Mart Camping section

2) You will never need to fill up the 5gal. bag with that much water.

3) When assembling the shower tent itself. make sure EVERY connection is made. Even though I have had it for a few years now, I JUST discovered there are Velcro straps to the tent for the poles... A full five gallons may cuase the frame to droop, butfor a single shower, you won't need to fill the whole bag. It's hard to come to terms with how much water we WASTE when takeing a regular shower so you really only need as much as you are gonna need... I mean, who turns the shower OFF until you need to rinse at home? But with the correct construction it can HOLD 5gal but NOT all day... if you can hang it and not have the structure fall over... USE IT!!

4) When I first got the tent solar shower combo myself, I filled the bag to the max and tried to hang it... it buckled. This year I actually put the whole thing to use and did NOT fill it all the way (you can only ask a juggalo to hold the water open for so long before your own strength gives out holding it all) and managed to get a few decent full on showers from it.

5) When using a shower tent, it's more like you are applying water to your self rather than just having water on tap (as it were) to do with as you wish.

6) Either think like a tree hugger or face the alternative and pull on the flip-flops and take the walk to the shower stalls...

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

August 2, 2016
4:11 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405

OCJ_Brendan said
I watched Phreakcore struggle with his lol it was pretty funny  

I'm so glad you found it funny lol happy I was able to give you some entertainment. Funny thing is I had the same pop up tent last year and broke the frame trying to fold it up. This year i watched the video on how to fold it and even practiced at home. For some reason I couldn't get it to fold the right way went it was time to go. Luckily a lette was nice enough to help me. She make it look easy. It definitely won't hold a shower bladder though. When I get home I'll post ones I found that will support a 5lb or 2.5lb bladder. 

August 5, 2016
12:13 am
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492

Nyro said

Buying someone elses pop up shower.....hmmmmm. Not sure I am down but I guess it is better then public showers.  

haha Well I'm not suggesting that you buy a filthy one then rub your naked self all over it with reckless abandon. You have to clean it well before you use it haha. I scavenged one from the Gathering in 2012, and it has worked fine. I cleaned it, duct taped up a hole in it, and voila...I saved like $40. And it's recycling.

-Jules

Whoop Whoop VeryTwiztidRaven :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
August 5, 2016
5:26 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

VeryTwiztidRaven said

haha Well I'm not suggesting that you buy a filthy one then rub your naked self all over it with reckless abandon. You have to clean it well before you use it haha. I scavenged one from the Gathering in 2012, and it has worked fine. I cleaned it, duct taped up a hole in it, and voila...I saved like $40. And it's recycling.

-Jules  

Hey! that hole was there for a reason!

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

Hypnotized Ninja, OCJ_Brendan, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
August 5, 2016
5:53 am
Hypnotized Ninja
Members
Forum Posts: 827

I was envious of said shower tents throughout my stay at Legend Valley. 

August 5, 2016
7:13 am
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

I got lucky and the people we planned to camp with brought one. It didnt hold the full bag, but thats what the shower friend is for. 

August 5, 2016
7:56 am
djscrubb
djscrubb
Curbstomp Productions
Members
Forum Posts: 1390

VeryTwiztidRaven said

-Jules  

Gotta luv that AH HA moments YouTube videos give you......on any and all things.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
49 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Jeffreynaigh, cannabis edibles, PatrickAvaix, PeterCak, Rolanddaurl

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845