April 29, 2024
98 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Blaze should headline. not abk
August 5, 2012
4:43 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11703
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

just sayin 

i mean for real blaze has been recording with psy since 99 & has never left (minus a few half a year retirements)

while abk has been recording since 02 & took a 2 year hiatus (early 06 - late 08) 

wtf???

just doesnt make sense to me... maybe its cuz abk has sold more units idk tho regardless the 5th petal of the lotus should be headlining i think the only time blaze did headline was during abks absence 

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

August 5, 2012
4:48 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

Personally, I'm okay with ABK headlining. I'm not hating here at all, but he puts on a better show than Blaze. Last year ABK headlined. Blaze doesn't have that "rush" with some of his songs. Yeah, Blaze has been in Psy longer, couldn't he headline a night?

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

August 5, 2012
5:06 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

he should i dont know why he doesnt tho i hear what youre sayin about abk tho even tho hes the only psy act ive never seen live

August 5, 2012
5:20 pm
JuggaloJ
Guests

I think it's simply that(as much as I can't stand abk) he has alot more energy and stamina the blaze anyday. Recently ya dead homie has been comin out and rockin shows solo, no hypeman, he's never done that in his career. Props to him for trying it. But it makes sense, if u pay attention his performance slot is only a half hour as well, while abk got an hour. I'm not complaining at all tho, cause I will skip abk's set and get front row seats at comedy tent, and gonna do the same thing wed night for lotus, they always play the same set every year, not missing nothin there.

August 5, 2012
7:05 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

haha still tho i dont think energy & performance are the only reasons for it

August 5, 2012
9:28 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

No hate on Blaze or anything, I like his shit, but hes always needed a hypeman to help keep the crowd alive. His set is alright but it could be better. ABK's performance are always fun and he can get the crowd moving and his energy is far from anything Blaze can get to. Again, not hating on Blaze, still support him and all.

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

August 5, 2012
9:56 pm
Mykal86
Members
Forum Posts: 358

I strongly disagree with that. He killed it solo on the Kaos and Kronik Tour. I honestly think this is just some shit ABK wanted as a verbal agreement when he came back, and Blaze seems like he dont got a big head like that enough to where he'd be like "killa wanna headline fuck it just give me a dope opening spot"

Because think about it Blaze always has that prime spot too last yr Blaze/Tech/Twiztid, This yr Blaze/Tech/Geto Boys/ICP DOPE!

August 5, 2012
10:44 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

I thiought the same thing.  confused a.b.k. getting mo heat then blaze. W.T.F. ?

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

August 7, 2012
6:56 am
DeeryLette
DeeryLette
Members
Forum Posts: 84

I agree with Warlock.

August 7, 2012
7:21 pm
Ypsi Foolish
Ypsi Foolish
Members
Forum Posts: 725

Mykal86 said:

I strongly disagree with that. He killed it solo on the Kaos and Kronik Tour. I honestly think this is just some shit ABK wanted as a verbal agreement when he came back, and Blaze seems like he dont got a big head like that enough to where he'd be like "killa wanna headline fuck it just give me a dope opening spot"

Because think about it Blaze always has that prime spot too last yr Blaze/Tech/Twiztid, This yr Blaze/Tech/Geto Boys/ICP DOPE!

ABK headlined a year before he left,,,i always wondered that myself on why blaze never headlines.

August 8, 2012
10:11 pm
Joeberg
Members
Forum Posts: 102

Blaze isn't as over as everyone seems to think.  Yeah he's been there forever and everybody likes his shit and all but people just aren't passionate about him like they are the rest of the acts on Psy.  I saw Blaze on a headlining tour last year that didn't draw 50 people.  I'm pretty sure there was one year at the Gathering where ABK was still transitioning from being his hypeman where they did a half Blaze half ABK set.  Like Blaze did a few, then went to the back and ABK did a few and went back and then they did a few together.  That's the way I'd book it.  Not that anyone gives a shit but I'm just sayin.

August 8, 2012
10:17 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

hey you finally signed up huh haha but why do people keep sayin that? this is a forum everyones voice should matter & is heard/read

August 9, 2012
9:01 am
Ypsi Foolish
Ypsi Foolish
Members
Forum Posts: 725

I think that if Blaze did his own tour back in 2002/2003 he wouldve been able to draw more people, but now he's kinda lost his shine.

1lessgNDaHood > EVERY album he's put out since then

August 9, 2012
9:22 am
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

lol well yeah but thats a psychopathic classic that cant be topped like milenko & freek show cant be

August 9, 2012
9:40 am
Joeberg
Members

1 Less G by far the best shit he ever did.  But with ABK and others on almost every track, its not as fresh live.  Any hype man he gets will not be ABK and that's what people want.  It seems that Blaze & ABK are cool with whatever but don't really have any interest in recreating those days.  Blaze is kinda like a step up from ROC.  Everyone likes ROC(except me) but wouldn't nobody go to an ROC show.  HOK everybody marks the fuck out and they all pop when he works with Blaze at GOTJ but don't nobody miss him otherwise.  I feel Blaze is in only a slightly better position.

August 9, 2012
6:49 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

I agree Blaze killed it live on the K & K tour, much better than KMK or Twizzler did, but ABK should still headline. He has way more fans, puts on a better live show, and spits circles around Blaze.

August 9, 2012
8:07 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

spit circles?? haha id say they read at the same level 

August 9, 2012
10:59 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

Blaze is lazy as fuck ! Killa put in the work. Blaze is mo betta lyrically, but j-mo puts in the work !  cool

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

August 10, 2012
8:34 am
Jeffalo
Jeffalo
Members
Forum Posts: 81

I like blaze better than ABK and dont think abk deserves to headline, shit they wont even let him back in lotus, why does he get a headline at the gotj... put blaze in the fucking spotlight

August 10, 2012
10:02 am
Joeberg
Members

Well in all fairness ABK was terrible in Lotus

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
60 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

issuesthycloon, MatthewMut, PureHateToTheFullest, Indica cart, sickjuggalo666

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845