April 26, 2024
75 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics GOTJ23
anyone else have a great gathering experience?
March 20, 2013
5:13 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

just a counterpoint to the 'shitty gathering' thread.

speaking personally, you could put me in stocks facing away from the main stage, itd still be the shit. 

in peoria, the cops stormed in with riot gear and rubber bullets, shut the whole shit down for half a day, and it was still the bomb.  myself, i got a kick out of it.  even called the local newspaper and told them that terrorists were attacking juggalos with tear gas. 

ive had to grind through nicotine withdrawal, bad trips, scared police, angry girlfriends, no-show performers, thievery, oppresive weather, lousy camp conditions, sleep deprivation…  none of that shit made the gathering an overall bad experience.  ive seen 'fights', excessive drug use, trashy bitches being trashy, nothing that kept me from having a blast. 

every gathering has things that go wrong.  so does every family vacation, or business trip.  but however screwy things get, i cant imagine having a better time sitting around at home. 

whatever fucked uppedness may be going on around me, theres always been bomb ass shows, cool ninjas to kick it with, and plenty of general fun to be had.  literally the only shitty gathering experiences ive had, was when i didnt experience the gathering at all. 

so yeah, who enjoyed their gatherings? 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

March 20, 2013
5:47 am
Chainz
Chainz
Members
Forum Posts: 123

I had a great time in 2010,  however I fail to see anything positive with prostitution, selling crack and heroin, throwing bottles at girls heads, and stabbing someone during a stand up comedians set. It's also retarded when you're trying to watch an artist and someone on cocaine is shooting fireworks at the crowd.

There needs to be better security if kids are allowed to purchase tickets.

Not blaming this on Psychopathic Records though, they probably hate all that shit more than me.

March 20, 2013
5:55 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Chainz said:

I fail to see anything positive with prostitution, selling crack and heroin, throwing bottles at girls heads, and stabbing someone during a stand up comedians set.

nor do i. 

but then, that shit aint got nothing to do with me, either. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

March 20, 2013
5:57 am
Chainz
Chainz
Members
Forum Posts: 123

scruffy said:

Chainz said:

I fail to see anything positive with prostitution, selling crack and heroin, throwing bottles at girls heads, and stabbing someone during a stand up comedians set.

nor do i. 

but then, that shit aint got nothing to do with me, either. 

Yeah I would assume so as you're one of the most mature posters on here. What annoys me is watching video's on youtube of J (saw one maybe I'll find it and post it later) straight up bitching about it. Calling Juggalo's that throw bottles nothing but hoe shit, yet people still do it? come on I seriously saw people covered in Psychopathic tatts throwing shit at Twiztid, ABK, whoever, why act like you look up to someone by getting their tatts then throw shit at them? Poor Violent J……

ICP was fucking badass in front of such a big crowd, I'll remember Mars and Mastaminds set's for the rest of my life, seeing Prozak in a huge storm was surreal as fuck….. sorry forgot to post some positive shit homie. wink

March 20, 2013
9:06 am
sketchez
Members
Forum Posts: 1251

I never seen that many guys in one place pitching a tent. I don't think there was 1 day I was sober at any gathering so that made up for the bad shit  

March 20, 2013
9:07 am
Barocko Jenkings
Barocko Jenkings
Members
Forum Posts: 359

Every gathering has greatness all up in the mutha fucka

March 20, 2013
9:35 am
Barocko Jenkings
Barocko Jenkings
Members
Forum Posts: 359

One of my personal fav was giveing this one lil ninja a faygo shower for the first time.

March 20, 2013
11:21 am
Mykal86
Members
Forum Posts: 358

I would go back in a heartbeat if I could afford to do it and NOT deplete my savings....so yeah. But man I will NEVER forget the Gathering it still seems like a surreal dream of hanging with folks from Ypsi Michigan and it was all gravy. didn't get my dank from no drug bridge neither more like the hay ride within 10 minutes of arriving

March 20, 2013
10:40 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492

Man, last year's Gathering was freaking amazing to me. I went in 2011 and had a blast, but last year was just insane. I learned what I needed to change to be more comfortable...I got a better tent, a better air bed, we camped in a better spot, I didn't wait in those bullshit autograph tent lines and stuff like that. We also had more people at our camp this year, so I always had friends around. As well as meeting a steady stream of people because they were stopping to mess with the mailbox at our site!

Last year, I had this amazing moment...right after Prozak's set, I met him and got a photo with him, then started walking back to my camp just behind second stage. I started to think about all the amazing stuff I'd been doing and experiencing, and got this really crazy feeling of being so incredibly blessed! When I got right in front of my camp, something made me look up, and I could see every star in the sky! It was amazing! I live in a city, so I can barely see any stars at home, but out in the woods, there were thousands. How ironic that the one thing that amazed me the most really had nothing to do with the Gathering at all!

-Jules

March 20, 2013
11:11 pm
sabre007
sabre007
Members
Forum Posts: 22

Was there last year for the first time. Indeed a great experience, as well as eye opening.

First time seeing ICP live. Best moment was when they took the stage.... Bass drops, ground rumbles, "dead bodies, dead bodies all over the street". Epic.

March 22, 2013
3:16 am
ChronicBudsmoka
ChronicBudsmoka
Members
Forum Posts: 175

Ya my gathering experience was awesome...I went in 2009 with my pops and a few homies....shit was fuckin awesome...my 60 year old dad out whooped everyone by the 2nd day, shit was dank....Except for the fact that everyone was sleeping in their tents by 2 in the morning every day....I guess no one knows how to party like Wisconsin....I also wanna know if anyone heard of the first annual orgy at the bomb house after ICP that year....we fucked around with the idea and even passes out flyers and shit for it....lolz....2 dudes showed up at the bomb house after ICP that Sunday...

March 22, 2013
3:34 am
rudemark1
rudemark1
Members
Forum Posts: 514

Is ur dad george lol?

March 22, 2013
8:17 am
Bostin
Bostin
Guests

Speaking of prozak. Anyone else think he should make a return to the main stage? I know in 2011 he rocked the shit. His show is definitely big enough for a festival crowd

March 22, 2013
3:29 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

Every year is epic in its own way...but my highlight reel of the 3 best years was 05 (crystal forest enuf said) 06 (the mudd brought us together and i met some of the best fam ever) and 2010, (cuz it was the first time my girl and i took mescaline together and got to experience tech n9ne and dark lotus in the same night).  That year was fun also because it was her 1st gathering...it changed her shit up and i got to experience everything like it was new again...

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

March 26, 2013
11:42 am
-500-
-500-
Members
Forum Posts: 51

The biggest problem I see is these elitists, who want a 4 day festival that revolves around them personally. You supposidly been listenin to ICP for atleast a decade and yet it offends you that people get high at their concerts? You feel the need to tell people what they can put in their own bodies? Fuck outta heeere. Why don't you go around preaching security should throw people out who smoke cigarettes while your at it your fuckin nerds. Atleast cigarettes you could argue are affecting you. How does some dipshit blowin lines or poppin pills affect your body ? Let them do them. "Bud and shrooms are ok but not blah blah blah" shut da fuck up that's how it starts, next you won't be able to drink or smoke bud, when does the censorship stop? Or these other elitists who boo or fuck up the set of anyone that violent J hasn't shoved down their throats since 2000. U really think ABK is better than method man? U really boo The Scarface and the Geto Boys off the stage but cream your pants and sit Indian style an cheer for Boondox?

And listen "fam" just cuz your crossed an imaginary line into the concert grounds, you somehow grew balls and think you can walk up and disrespect some girl who is with her man by saying show me your titties? And throwin shit at her if she doesn't? The gathering makes pussies feel like tough guys especially when they have four of their local redneck juggalo blood gang with them. If someone sexually harrrasses or assaults any woman I'm with especially my girl the guns are drawn fuck the you and your slumdog homies are gettin worked for that just like if you pulled that shit on the streets or at a bar. Couldn't imagine bringing my girl to one of these gatherings, I'd be in prison.

I think the gathering is fresh and I'm all for mainstream artists performing, especially the ones that make good music. Busta Rhymes, 36, Lil wyte, Raekwon, etc. that is fresh as hell and makes the trip worth it, performance wise. And honestly I wish they would add more mainstream shit that would fit in, because then it would draw *gasp* attractive women for once ! I would be more than happy to see Slipknot, Mac Miller, Sublime with Rome, yelawolf, disturbed, 311 etc. play there. The men to women ratio is so low, bands like them would even it out more. I don't go to a concert for the girls but lets be honest I'd rather have more women than more fat smelly ass dudes all around me, if u disagree u must be a half a fag even women would prefer more women

March 26, 2013
12:16 pm
muthafuckaferren
muthafuckaferren
Members
Forum Posts: 31

tripping on acid and just laying in the grass looking up at all the stars that you can't see back home. It was so amazing... the gathering, for me, is the best place to do acid.

and waking up one morning to see this couple just sitting on top of their RV smoking out of their bong... I just really felt the true freedom that you have at the gathering. 

I couldn't even tell you all the great experiences... The whole thing is a great experience 

March 26, 2013
6:57 pm
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members
Forum Posts: 4717

I had the time of my life last year, despite the fact that the whole time I had prolly the worst toothache imaginable(thank you percs) and we ran out of money by the second day. We drove all the way back home(kentucky) so I could pick up my check on that friday. Watching Twisted Insane, Rehab, and George Clinton was fucking amazing on shrooms.

Theres a video of Twisted Insanes set on youtube and you can see me and my buddy in the front center. Everyone around me including him was wiling out, and you can see me in the video just fucking standing there mesmerized. I love DMT.....

My only regret was that I passed out on that last night before I could see Lil Wyte, Jelly Roll, and Rittz

March 28, 2013
2:54 pm
muthafuckaferren
muthafuckaferren
Members
Forum Posts: 31

Hahaha sounds awesome.

& I know how you feel. I was flat broke. Didn't get paid until two days AFTER we left for the gathering. So fucking shitty! So I didn't have any money or any food but I managed thanks to some friends I camped with.

and ohhhhhhh thats shitty. I know I almost couldn't make it long enough to see Rittz... I was so dead at that point. I just had to keep pushing to stay awake and not fuckin fall over before I would see Rittz, I love him. I hope he'll be there again this year. and speaking of Lil Wyte last year, my boyfriend caught a bag of weed he threw out into the crowd. I think that was like the highlight of his gathering experience haha... I'm not the biggest fan of lil wyte boy, but Alex loves em. and the free weed was very nice haha

March 30, 2013
4:25 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9041

Went to the first five GOTJ and all were great in unique ways. I don't get the pessimistic views from attendees, although there are lame moments here and there. But would y'all rather be at the mall that week? Watching sitcoms at home? Speaking of that, anybody remember the movies way out in the woods at Garrettsville? Evil Dead 2 man that was cool to walk around and just seeing a crowd of likeminded homies watching that shit, just chilling. I could write a novel of GOTJ stories and such. Haven't been to one since 2004 so maybe its changed but I'm certain its still an indescribable experience. Just be prepared and open-minded I guess.... Esham & Blaze hitting on my wife lol, DXM tripping in Peoria with riot squad about to bust my happy ass, seeing Dark Lotus' first show ever in Toledo.. its worth it people. Be prepared for haters to hate on you when you're home though. Envy is a hell of a sin.

March 30, 2013
4:37 pm
basketballhead
Guests

smoked with twiztid

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
98 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Jacobglync, Warrenignop, RobertFef, Eugenevot, RobertCem

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845