April 29, 2024
123 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Hatchetman
Psy beats from cold 187's mixtape
October 16, 2012
9:37 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11703
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Dark Lotus – Follow the Leader
ABK – Nervous
Twiztid – So High
Twiztid – Murder, Murder, Murder
Dark Lotus – Ka-Boom!
Blaze – Deadman Walking
ICP – Suicide Hotline
ICP – Chicken Huntin
Blaze – Damn B*tch
Twiztid – Marsh Lagoon
ICP – Truth Dare
ABK – Last Chance

idk if he's still gonna use Assassins cuz it wasnt on here

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

October 16, 2012
9:39 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

hmmm i guess not

1. Born 2 Kill
2. Job Well Done
3. Layn’ Low
4. An Offer I Can’t Refuse
5. Swan Song
6. Judgement Day
7. L.A.
8. 3 Brothers
9. Swan Sighting
10. Capitol Hill
11. Interrogation
12. Alive & Free

November 10, 2012
8:41 am
bpjuggalo97
bpjuggalo97
Members
Forum Posts: 44

Ive heard people say that it sounds sort of weird hearing him rap over already used beats, some of which are famous songs from the artist, which is a turn off and people dont like it, and some wont even give it a try because of that, but from the songs Ive heard, which is just about all of them, it sounds fine to me.

November 12, 2012
12:08 am
Raoul Duke
Members
Forum Posts: 8

I'm a big fan of west coast shit & I like some stuff from Above The Law. But I see how the idea doesn't appeal to people. They were probably trying to outsell previous releases like Dayton Family & MC Breed (don't think that was gonna happen regardless) but they kinda shot themselves in the foot with this idea. And if I was Twiztid I really wouldn't be going for this beat jacking shit

November 12, 2012
1:41 am
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

lol why should twiztid have a prob with it? & it isnt jacking when you have permission.. random ninjas rappin over the mans myth instrumentals is jackin haha

November 12, 2012
9:04 am
joe
Guests

why do people think jackin beats,just all of sudden started happening?ive been  listening to rap from the very begining(run dmc days)jes im an old fuck.rappers been jackn beats since that era.i think people dont accept change,if it isnt the wicked shit or icp its crap to them.besides all them artists on psych records find sum honor in 187 rappin over their beats.and if juggalos would stop and actually listen to 187ms original shit,he dont need psycho records beats.187 is a legend to j n shaggy and to the gangsta rap era just like dayton family or vanilla ice.icp is workin with these guys cause j n shaggs listen to these rappers when they first started rappin.and icp is givn them a shot to enjoy success one more time.my opinion is rap now NEEDS legends like 187 to still make great music,cause whether you agree or not,after round 2004 to today rap artists sux balls.no artistic value or thought into todays rap.you can even say the same thing about alot of todays rock.

November 12, 2012
10:50 am
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

joe said:

187 is a legend to j n shaggy and to the gangsta rap era just like dayton family or vanilla ice.

lol @ vanilla ice being a legend.. maybe if wackest rapper of all time counts for something haha & above the law is def on a higher plateu than dayton famly

my opinion is rap now NEEDS legends like 187 to still make great music,cause whether you agree or not,after round 2004 to today rap artists sux balls.no artistic value or thought into todays rap.you can even say the same thing about alot of todays rock.

in the mainstream yeah but not the underground & lol @ 2004 i think youre forgetting the No Limit & bling bling era in the late 90s haha even still tho you had dope emcees like lloyd banks & kanye droppin fresh shit round 04 nowadays you got slaughterhouse.. amongst other OGs still in the game

November 12, 2012
3:22 pm
hubcapface
hubcapface
Members
Forum Posts: 154

Personally I loved 'The Solution' but maybe because I'm a big ATL fan and it was great to hear a West-Coast vet rhyming over some of my favourite Psy beats. I had no problem with this especially as the release was marketed as a mixtape and not an album. In fact it's quite unique in that respect....mixtapes are usually cobbled together and inconsistent but this is sort of a concept mixtape for want of a better description.

November 12, 2012
5:30 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

hubcapface said:

Personally I loved 'The Solution' but maybe because I'm a big ATL fan and it was great to hear a West-Coast vet rhyming over some of my favourite Psy beats. I had no problem with this especially as the release was marketed as a mixtape and not an album. In fact it's quite unique in that respect….mixtapes are usually cobbled together and inconsistent but this is sort of a concept mixtape for want of a better description.

haha nah thats a great description

November 12, 2012
6:02 pm
Raoul Duke
Members
Forum Posts: 8

I know Twiztid gave permission. My point was they shouldn't have. A great song like Murder Murder Murder shouldn't be recycled or beat jacked or any of that shit, that's why Twiztid shouldn't gave permission. J should've gave Hutch nothing but ICP beats to recycle since he likes the idea. No one in this thread said that jacking beats just started happening. Jacking beats have been a part of rap forever, for the most part it still doesn't make it a good fucking idea. Rap didn't stop being good in 2004. There's always good rap every year, you just have to know who to listen to. Mainstream rap has sucked for years. This might be difficult for some to understand, but believe it or not good underground rap albums come out every year that have nothing to do with PSY or Strange or juggalo rappers.

Lloyd Banks, Kanye, Vanilla Ice????? That's a good laugh. I know a ton of non-mainstream rappers better than those bums. Back in 2004 & now. If you think Vanilla Ice is a legend than your opinion is pretty much null & void. 

November 12, 2012
6:14 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

Raoul Duke said:

Lloyd Banks, Kanye, Vanilla Ice????? That's a good laugh. I know a ton of non-mainstream rappers better than those bums. Back in 2004 & now. If you think Vanilla Ice is a legend than your opinion is pretty much null & void. 

i agree with the bolded i doubt the statement above it but eh maybe you do even tho i was talkin strictly mainstream with that.. dont know how you missed that..

Raoul Duke said:

I know Twiztid gave permission. My point was they shouldn't have. A great song like Murder Murder Murder shouldn't be recycled or beat jacked or any of that shit, that's why Twiztid shouldn't gave permission. J should've gave Hutch nothing but ICP beats to recycle since he likes the idea. 

eh the song aint that great 

Raoul Duke said:

No one in this thread said that jacking beats just started happening. Jacking beats have been a part of rap forever, for the most part it still doesn't make it a good fucking idea. 

no it hasnt.. biting in any form was heavily looked down upon for a while.. & that includes using the same sample let alone an entire beat..

Raoul Duke said:

Rap didn't stop being good in 2004. There's always good rap every year, you just have to know who to listen to. This might be difficult for some to understand, but believe it or not good underground rap albums come out every year that have nothing to do with PSY or Strange or juggalo rappers.

agreed

Raoul Duke said:

Mainstream rap has sucked for years. 

disagreed.. 

November 12, 2012
6:14 pm
Cabal
Cabal
Members
Forum Posts: 2381

I love that ICP respects their legends enough to keep them going or just to support them to stay going. I do think there has been good rap that I had to look for like Raoul said but at the same time it isn't on the same level as it was in the 90's minus a few here and there. ICP, Esham, Dayton Family, Above the Law, House of Krazees, MC Breed, Krazy Klan (to some extent) were always in my cd player growing up and now their histories have been tied together in the end because of ICP. I mean all of them together, I know Esham and Dayton Family were close already. Regardless of personal differences at times with each other, that's still a beautiful fucking thing to me. Make the younger cats earn it more, the legends already deserve it. 

Claps hands

November 12, 2012
6:17 pm
Cabal
Cabal
Members

I stopped caring what most juggalos thought about the signing of legends when I saw their lazy reaction to the Geto Boys at the gathering. Scarface came out in fucking clown paint, ya'll. That was some of the greatest shit I've seen in rap, and I only saw it on youtube.

Claps hands

November 12, 2012
6:18 pm
Cabal
Cabal
Members

I mean, the fucking GETO BOYS man!!!!

Claps hands

November 13, 2012
2:27 am
hubcapface
hubcapface
Members
Forum Posts: 154

Cabal said:

I stopped caring what most juggalos thought about the signing of legends when I saw their lazy reaction to the Geto Boys at the gathering. Scarface came out in fucking clown paint, ya'll. That was some of the greatest shit I've seen in rap, and I only saw it on youtube.

Yeah....that was shameful that the place didn't go absolutely mental! Scarface is one of the greatest rappers of all time and The Geto Boys one of ICP's biggest influences. That was a real sign of respect for Psy; 'Face coming out like that in a Psy jersey and face paint...it deserved to be reciprocated

November 13, 2012
9:18 am
JuggaloJ
Guests

I completely fucking agree. Stupid Juggalos!!!

November 13, 2012
12:03 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Yeah….that was shameful that the place didn't go absolutely mental! Scarface is one of the greatest rappers of all time and The Geto Boys one of ICP's biggest influences. That was a real sign of respect for Psy; 'Face coming out like that in a Psy jersey and face paint…it deserved to be reciprocated

I completely fucking agree. Stupid Juggalos!!!

yes indeed.  except...

ill be honest, im a big fan of geto boys, and i didnt get very hype, either.  by the time they were performing, i was almost dead on my feet.  i spent half their set basicly going about my business [talkin to some homies who i ran into, getting some much needed chow], nodding my head to the fresh background music. 

i enjoyed the shit out of it, but the fatigue factor kept me from runnin up to the stage and wilin out, even though that was the plan.  i expect that was true of a lot of other ninjas, i dont remember anybody actively hating on geto boys.  of course, im sure the haters were there, they were just tired, too. 

maybe, if geto boys return in the future, theyll get a warmer reception.  if i was runnin shit, theyd have an open invitation to play the gathering every year. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

November 13, 2012
7:46 pm
Cabal
Cabal
Members

I hope you're right, scruffy.

Those manikin looking figures better have been so amazed at the awesomeness they were witnessing, they froze. That has to be it, cause there isn't a rapper on earth that wouldn't bow down to the Geto Boys. 

Claps hands

November 13, 2012
8:22 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

R.I.P. - O.D.B. ! it's been 8 yrs. !laugh

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

November 13, 2012
10:26 pm
Cabal
Cabal
Members

Oh shit, I'm a half an hour late. Didn't even realize...embarassed

RIP ODB!!! If it counts, I listened to 36 chambers today without even knowing. I never know the dates most of the time. I operate on Cabal time laugh

Claps hands

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
70 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

issuesthycloon, MatthewMut, PureHateToTheFullest, Indica cart, sickjuggalo666

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845