April 19, 2024
69 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
Hatchetman
$125 for ICP's Christmas show at Harpos
November 22, 2021
5:15 pm
AceClown
Members
Forum Posts: 28
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Look, I've been down since 1995.  I've seen ICP over 35 times.  But this whole thing lately with tickets to their shows being $125 is insane, no pun intended.  And at fucking Harpos?  On Christmas?  LOL.  I ain't paying $125 for nothing at Harpos.  Harpos barely has working bathrooms, no heat, and you'll be lucky if you still have your car when you leave.  I'm not paying $125 for a 60 minute show where they phone it in, use an old set, and J forgets half the words.  They're delusional.  The Rolling Stones had cheaper tickets.  You could get $70 to see the Rolling Stones at Ford Field.  You can see Metallica, Kiss, and Taylor Swift for less money.  Juggalos paying money for those tickets just lets them keep doing it.  It's all just a cash grab now, and it's sad.  I guess I'm done seeing ICP, which considering I saw some pretty epic shows back at the Ritz in Roseville and the State Theatre, I'm good.  I just wouldn't have predicted 25 years ago that ICP was gonna be the band to completely rip off the juggalos and be so blatant about it.  They have zero shame.  

It also says all tickets will be at will call.  That should go smoothly....  Enjoy standing in line freezing your ass off in that part of town.  

Rant over.  

November 22, 2021
5:38 pm
m0sh
m0sh
Members
Forum Posts: 320

I would gladly pay $125 to see either ICP &/or Taylor Swift at a special holiday event in a small personal venue setting. I'll go. You stay, and watch a video of it a day or two later for free. It's a win-win. Everybody's happy.

Whoop Whoop m0sh :

Old Mr Dangerous, bozodklown
November 22, 2021
5:58 pm
the_patriot_smack
Moe Ray Al
Members
Forum Posts: 4478

Metallica for less than $125??

last time I saw them tickets were $150 and they drew 150,000 people and were selling t-shirts for $75 and Budweiser's for $12

and you got no free goody bag or exclusive CD that will sell for more than the ticket price on eBay the very next day

Whoop Whoop the_patriot_smack :

Old Mr Dangerous

THE ALMIGHTY SMACK

November 22, 2021
6:59 pm
AceClown
Members
Forum Posts: 28

Harpos isn't a small personal venue.  It holds about 2,000 people.  They played there in 2016 and did the Juggalo Weekend show where they played all of Ringmaster in its entirety and tickets were $25, and that was with Esham opening.  Twenty five dollars.  Five years later tickets are $100 more?  Big Ballas on the boat by the Statue of Liberty back in 2019 was $50!!  You got to see ICP, be on a boat, and see the Statue of Liberty for $50.  No ICP show is worth $125, end of story.  You're all being played.  I can't wait to see their prices for their "Retirement Tour" that will probably last 20 years. 

Last time I saw Metallica was 2017 and tickets were $71.50 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, plus fees.  So probably around $90 and then $20 for parking.  Still cheaper than ICP at Harpos.  Sure, there are $150 tickets you could buy if you want to spend that much, but there were at least some different prices.  And regardless, it's Metallica.  You're gonna get a show over 2 hours long with pyro, James is gonna sing all the words, and they're playing live.  They also have a road crew the size of a small city and tons of production and trucks.  I can understand why Metallica would have some expensive tickets.  They play stadiums and that takes a lot of people on the payroll.  But a local ICP show at Harpos where they can drive themselves in their own cars and sleep in their own beds at night?  It's ridiculous.  

Good luck at getting an ICP show over 60 minutes, where they play a full song and not just one verse and a chorus.  #facts

November 22, 2021
8:18 pm
jiggles the clown
Members
Forum Posts: 1929

An ICP show is worth whatever people are willing to pay. Period. I wouldn't go to it. But I'm also not bitching about the price. You don't HAVE to go to this show. You don't HAVE to go to any ICP or any show at all for that matter.

The most expensive show I've been too was ghost and that shit was like 150 for a decent sitting ticket and 200+ to get into the pit. - why standing tickets cost more than sitting is beyond me but I'm getting too old to mosh anyway 

Whoop Whoop jiggles the clown :

Old Mr Dangerous

quote me to trigger a Canadian child molester

November 22, 2021
8:41 pm
the_patriot_smack
Moe Ray Al
Members

it was $150 for general admission in a giant outdoor park but this is Quebec Metallica are gods here the second biggest concert I saw 

The biggest concert I saw was Stevie Wonder in 2007 it was a free concert and had over 200,000 people there I was legit scared we were so packed in together I am surprised nobody was hurt or died it could have been way worst than that Astroworld tragedy a few weeks back.

also Weird Al did a free concert a few years back that drew an insane crowd of people but it was raining so it was not so bad.

Old Mr Dangerous

THE ALMIGHTY SMACK

November 22, 2021
8:43 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9040

Yo this motherfucker is pissing me off bad with this thread, for some reason. 

November 22, 2021
8:45 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

This oughta cheer me up!

Whoop Whoop Old Mr Dangerous :

the_patriot_smack
November 22, 2021
8:53 pm
the_patriot_smack
Moe Ray Al
Members

Old Mr Dangerous

THE ALMIGHTY SMACK

November 23, 2021
1:54 pm
Miklo Velka
Miklo Velka
Members
Forum Posts: 3593

AceClown said
 They played there in 2016 and did the Juggalo Weekend show where they played all of Ringmaster in its entirety and tickets were $25, and that was with Esham opening.  Twenty five dollars.  Five years later tickets are $100 more?  Big Ballas on the boat by the Statue of Liberty back in 2019 was $50!!  You got to see ICP, be on a boat, and see the Statue of Liberty for $50.  No ICP show is worth $125, end of story.  

I think ICP can get away the price gouging now because the plandemic killed off most of the live rap tours in North America. Statistics have shown less than half of black dudes are willing to take the vaccine which means don't expect nationwide mega-tours from your favorite rappers until they get rid of this vaccine passport bullshit.

ICP will never be able to tour Canada again unless both Joe and Joey along with all their road crew are double jabbed, don't see it happening ever. They'll have to change the laws again for them to come back up here. The powers that be have made it too much hassle for too little gain to get a mid-level act like ICP to do a tour outside the States now.

I look at the new show price as them automatically charging everyone for VIP, hopefully ninjas get their cd at the show.

If the most diehard lo's are willing to pay 4 times the normal price for a ticket to a one off show and it sells out, why would ICP bother with mini-tours anymore? Gonna be special event weekends 95 percent of the time moving forward, like J said to No Jumper, touring all over and doing the same set every night is played out.....

cig

Whoop Whoop Miklo Velka :

the_patriot_smack
November 23, 2021
8:35 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members

Yall ain't never struggled lol

November 23, 2021
9:08 pm
ahha34
ahha34
Members
Forum Posts: 112

This retirement tour is gonna last 2 years max then when the new jokers card comes out they 1 million percent will go back touring just watch 

November 23, 2021
10:28 pm
wicket_juan
wicket_juan
Members
Forum Posts: 488

The "Fuk The Retirement" tour.

🤡 We Back! 🤡

replacing my heart with a liver, so I can drink more and care less!

November 23, 2021
11:23 pm
the_patriot_smack
Moe Ray Al
Members

it's just inflation and it's a good thing

the most voted for and loved president (honk, honk) of all time said so himself

and it's only $125 I pay more for a pair of jeans and I am sure you can sell the CD they give you for at least $100 so it's really still just a $25 dollar show.

THE ALMIGHTY SMACK

December 3, 2021
3:13 am
TonySwish
Members
Forum Posts: 31

The price is one thing, but cosign on the Harpos complaints as that venue is a complete shithole with an awful stage for viewing angles.

I come into Detroit every Xmas and would definitely go this year but I refuse to drive to Harpos and I honestly don't even know if I could get an Uber driver to pick me up in that neighborhood.

I really hope this is the last show they do at that venue.

December 9, 2021
8:00 pm
PanickinMannequin
PanickinMannequin
Members
Forum Posts: 70

You sound like a

TonySwish said
The price is one thing, but cosign on the Harpos complaints as that venue is a complete shithole with an awful stage for viewing angles.

I come into Detroit every Xmas and would definitely go this year but I refuse to drive to Harpos and I honestly don't even know if I could get an Uber driver to pick me up in that neighborhood.

I really hope this is the last show they do at that venue.  

You sound like a motherfuckin bitch. The best shows are always in dangerous areas. Besides, its the wicked clowns. Half there songs mock your attitude towards the venue, lol. You’d prefer ICP at fucking carnegie hall? Doubt they’d appreciate the faygo.

December 9, 2021
10:10 pm
WhoDaFuq
WhoDaFuq
Members
Forum Posts: 22

PanickinMannequin said
You sound like a motherfuckin bitch.

brilliant.

December 10, 2021
6:14 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

the_patriot_smack said

and it's only $125 I pay more for a pair of jeans 

Lol, da fuq kind of jeans you got up north? Do they come with and extra nut pocket or somethin?

December 13, 2021
6:00 am
PanickinMannequin
PanickinMannequin
Members
Forum Posts: 70

Carnivalkilla44 said

the_patriot_smack said
and it's only $125 I pay more for a pair of jeans 

Lol, da fuq kind of jeans you got up north? Do they come with and extra nut pocket or somethin?  

Right? He sounds like a motherfuckin bitch too. 

December 13, 2021
1:30 pm
Missile_Toe
Missile_Toe
Members
Forum Posts: 365

🎶Let The Christmas Spirit Ring🎶

🎶Ding Dong, Tik Tok🎶

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=bKQPwY7lKF4

12 Days Till 🎅⏰

Whoop Whoop Missile_Toe :

Carnivalkilla44
No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online: Demented Smoka
60 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845