May 7, 2024
35 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS MNE
Twiztid's 5th Annual 420 Show
April 21, 2017
3:44 pm
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members
Forum Posts: 1332
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

So I made my first trip up to Detroit for this show.  For those who weren't there, it was the full MNE roster on the main stage.  That's Twiztid, Blaze, Boondox, G-mo, ROC, Lex, Gorilla Voltage, and AMB.

I was wondering what other people who were there thought about the individual performances at the show.  My opinions are as follows:

Twiztid: I really enjoyed their set.  The brought Blaze out to sing Triple Threat, so that was dope.  The only negative was that they performed HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa, and that one is really fuckin weird to do live because it's more of a spoken word track.

Blaze: Good as always.  Fairly typical track selection, and the hype man was good.

Boondox: My favorite performance that I've ever seen from him.  Great song selection, no audio issues, sang most choruses instead of relying solely on the backing track...just a really good performance out of the scarecrow

G-Mo: Really energetic performance involving crowd surfing.  He had the whole room moving through his whole set, and he doesn't rely heavily on backing tracks either

R.O.C.: Interesting performance.  He brought out Redd to do his verse on one song, and he even did a costume change between 2 songs in the middle of his set.  I don't know all of the lyrics to his songs like I do for everybody else on this list, but it was cool.

Lex: I'm not the biggest Lex fan, but I thought he did well.  He got completely lost in one track, but he hasn't really been doing live shows in front of big crowds for that long as far as I'm aware, but he held it down.

Gorilla Voltage: They went on while there were still people waiting outside, but it was a really solid performance.  ClockworC can fucking rap.  Grey was also good, but ClockworC stole that performance.  I hope to see them hang around on MNE for a long time.

AMB: This is the one that I was most interested in to see how the crowd would react.  And it was nothing but love.  People were moving and chanting, no one was throwing shit at Otis, people knew the words to their songs, and they didn't mention anything whatsoever regarding any beef.  My only issue with AMB was that Bonez' mic was fucked up, and he's not the loudest ninja in the world as it is, so I could hardly hear anything he was saying.

TL:DR: How did you like the show?  I liked it.

April 23, 2017
4:08 pm
Hypnotized Ninja
Members
Forum Posts: 827

Good review, I wish ROC would be on the Psychomania tour.

April 25, 2017
5:20 pm
notsane1
Members
Forum Posts: 28

Show was great. With the shelter stage there was something to see all night long. They staggered they stages so someone was on almost all night. 

Agreed with the boondox set. Also the best i've ever seen of him. On point and loving it. 

Bake Lo gets mention for sure. Set was fire.

Every one else was representin hard too.

Great night for music fans.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
45 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

katerhushell, dakoy48761, JamesEffom, Plumbing Contractors Bison OK, TerenceKig

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845