April 24, 2024
93 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS MNE
Frightfest 2018
October 13, 2018
6:30 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

After catching a bomb ass Hallowicked tour stop at the beginning if the week, I was looking forward to rounding out Friday night with Twiztid performance and getting my first taste of AXE live. I had skipped Frightfest last year so I was extra hype going in. Woosta is always a good time and shits always bumpin Rock & Shock weekend. What I wound up getting was a very disappointing show to say the least. Got to the Palladium at 7:30 and it was pretty much empty. They were allowing re-entry which is pretty telling of a quiet night (low ticket sales).

I was looking forward to seeing AXE, but I came to find out apparently shit was really going down as early as the schedule said and we had missed all the openers. UGA was just coming on stage and while I'm not into their music they put it down. Especially Claas. They had a ton of energy and sounded great, but the crowd was dead. I wanted to tune into their music and listen to the lyrics to more familiarIze myself, but I couldn't concentrate due to the giant bright screen behind them running adds for MNE merch. That was tacky as fuck. Who the fuck wants to look at that throughout a whole set?

Twiztid took the stage at 8:15 (8:15?!) and while they were pretty hype, it just came across as a hollow performance in comparison to past ones.Looking around, I saw very few people even singing along to their lyrics and even fewer that even looked like juggalos (at least from the 2-3 different areas I stood in while watching their set.) I guess they are getting what they wanted after all...? A new fan base. Idk man, I was just bummed...

We actually left half way through their set and went across the street to this dope mexican restaurant. Got some grub, did some tequila shots, and after a couple hours, headed back to the after party. 

The after party was pretty poppin. Claas, Bukshot, Scum and Insane Poetry were hopping around the crowd and chopping it up with everyone. They're all generally cool dudes. 

Claas's solo set was dope. I gotta check out more of that ninjas work. It was then time for Lex (who was the only reason for me buying an after party ticket). He... was... trash...

No energy, didn't look at all like he wanted to be there, and he had a hype man who was this scrawny white dude with long hair. Everyone was kind of confused by this (It's like me being up there for fuck sake.) This guy was basically front and center on the stage the whole set while Lex stayed towards the shadows in the back barely rapping any of his lyrics. Straight wack.

This is my second disappointing Twiztid/MNE show in a row. Not a good look.

/couple edits content and typos

Whoop Whoop Carnivalkilla44 :

Miklo Velka, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, wicket_juan
October 13, 2018
9:16 pm
Miklo Velka
Miklo Velka
Members
Forum Posts: 3593

The fact you left halfway through Twiztid's set kinda exposes you for who you truly are at this point.

Sounds like you were in the venue for barely over an hour.

Might want to slow down the amount of shows you're hitting up if your enthusiasm is waning that hard.

cig

October 13, 2018
9:47 pm
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members
Forum Posts: 1332

Carnivalkilla44 said
Claas's solo set was dope. I gotta check out more of that ninjas work. It was then time for Lex (who was the only reason for me buying an after party ticket). He... was... trash...

No energy, didn't look at all like he wanted to be there, and he had a hype man who was this scrawny white dude with long hair. Everyone was kind of confused by this (It's like me being up there for fuck sake.) This guy was basically front and center on the stage the whole set while Lex stayed towards the shadows in the back barely rapping any of his lyrics. Straight wack.

Damn, he's still like that?  I've seen him perform twice, and both times were shortly after they signed him.  I figured it was because he wasn't used to doing live shows and didn't have a connection with the fans yet, so I gave it a pass.  He just kinda stands there and raps like he's reading off the lyrics from his phone, then after the songs end he yells "WE STILL WHILIN! WE STILL WHILIN!" until the next song starts, then he repeats that.  His studio music is dope, though.

Carnivalkilla44 said
and he had a hype man who was this scrawny white dude with long hair. 

Hey man.  What are you tryna say about scrawny white dudes with long hair?

October 13, 2018
9:56 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Carnivalkilla44
Members

Miklo Velka said

Might want to slow down the amount of shows you're hitting up if your enthusiasm is waning that hard.

May be true. For Twiztid at least. Shits really changed even just over the past 1-2 years...

Bonesaw Wizardstick said 

Hey man.  What are you tryna say about scrawny white dudes with long hair?  

Lol, he did make me think of you homie. Although if it was you I would have been less confused. Just Bonesaw gone off that LSD again trying to rap...

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
October 13, 2018
10:49 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

uh oh.  you been exposed.  

better watch your step, or somebody will pull your twizzler card, and you wont be allowed to dig em anymore.  

im a lil disappointed that the show was disappointing.  bad look.  id expect that it was a fluke, though.  

havent seen any of em since fright fest 2016 [i think that was it, pops in stl, anyway], and lex was the one that impressed me the most that night.  the disappointment for me was zodiac mprint.  not that they were phonin it in, exactly, but there was a kinda just-go-through-the-motions sorta vibe to it.  

did madrox have that angry yet hurt yet confused look on his face the whole time?  at the 'bad' twiztid shows ive seen, thats always been the case.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

October 13, 2018
11:21 pm
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members

scruffy said
better watch your step, or somebody will pull your twizzler card, and you wont be allowed to dig em anymore.  

That's almost as bad as supporting them around here sometimes.  Jesus, some of these fuckin people

scruffy said
havent seen any of em since fright fest 2016 [i think that was it, pops in stl, anyway], and lex was the one that impressed me the most that night.  the disappointment for me was zodiac mprint.  not that they were phonin it in, exactly, but there was a kinda just-go-through-the-motions sorta vibe to it.  

Don't know that I've ever seen Blaze phone in a performance.  Zodiac often comes across as tired to me because Blaze does aggressive gangsta rap and Zodiac is not that.

scruffy said
did madrox have that angry yet hurt yet confused look on his face the whole time?  at the 'bad' twiztid shows ive seen, thats always been the case.    

The one with the eyebrows?  Where you can see the disappointed eyebrows even though his eyebrows are not visible through his paint?

October 13, 2018
11:57 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Bonesaw Wizardstick said     

scruffy said     

Don't know that I've ever seen Blaze phone in a performance. 

me neither, which just made it that much weirder.  

Zodiac often comes across as tired to me because Blaze does aggressive gangsta rap and Zodiac is not that.  

that, and, id say they didnt pick the best setlist.  and even the jammy jams that were in there were delivered kinda flatly.  

scruffy said

The one with the eyebrows?  Where you can see the disappointed eyebrows even though his eyebrows are not visible through his paint?  

yeah...   yeah...  

that must be what it is:  the contours of the eyebrows, broadcasting undirected rage and pain through the paint.  

and the creases alongside his mouth grow deeper.  

almost like he is smelling an hour-long fart, and having a tough time suffering through it.  

October 14, 2018
8:15 am
Carnivalkilla44
Carnivalkilla44
Members

scruffy said
uh oh.  you been exposed.  

Lol, damn son. Imma have to start checking in with Chuck Reeves now to get clearance to go to future Twiztid shows.

They each looked ok. Shit's just phoned in, like you described it. Ever since they got the drummer. Now he's someone who always looks miserable. Everytime I see them live, Twiztid always is giving the dude dirty looks or yelling at him about something.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
October 15, 2018
8:39 am
KrookedNose66
Members
Forum Posts: 3

Another year another Rock and Shock Twiztid show that in my opinion did not disappoint!

We showed up at the Worcester Palladium around 6 and made our rounds in the parking lot, seeing old and new friends, pre-gaming and all that goes along with it. Headed inside to check out Insane Poetry and Scum. As they performed we hit up the merch booth and checked out all the renovations done in the venue.

The first major hi-light of the night was the performance by A.X.E. The first time I saw them was at AOTN2 but their performance in Worcester was totally different.  They thrive on a larger stage and the acoustics of the Palladium made them sound Powerful. The masks didn't muffle the lyrics as much this time and their stage performance was not as crowded. I only wish their set was longer.

UGA came on next. Bukshots mic was either off or he was relying too much on the back track because all it looked like was lip syncing from him and Boondox. Claas saved their set with high-energy and he rapped his ass off.  They had a cool stage prop that had a door that would open and close as each member took the stage. I don't think many people were familiar with their material otherwise the crowd would have been a little more loud for them.  I wasn't a fan of the ads running on the monitor behind them (they should have just kept the UGA logo on the screen for the duration of the set.

The top highlight was the Twiztid performance, they hit the stage and started off with Nosferatu (one of my favorites). They played a pretty good range of songs that covered most eras of their music. They had some stage props and a played music videos and horror clips on the monitor that was centered above Drayven; both of these elements enhance the stage spectacle. From my viewpoint the mosh pit was going hard most of the night and the crowdsurfers didn't seem to take a break-which is always part of the fun for me. Their entire set was hype.

After-party hi-lights was Claas and Bukshot's solo performances (their first time ever playing in Worcester).

After-party performances from Lex and Boondox were disappointing. Lex has this hype man that has a lot to learn and Lex needs to not rely on him so much. I've seen much better and expected much better from him. By the time Boondox took the closing spot many attendees had left so there wasn't a lot of crowd energy to feed back to him unfortunately. At least we got some new Turncoat Dirty songs live.

Overall I think MNE put on a great show for Worcester. I'm still bruised and sore and for me that is proof of a good time.

Whoop Whoop KrookedNose66 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Carnivalkilla44
October 15, 2018
9:29 am
Bostonjuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 9

I agree it was a high energy show. I was surprined i like mmfd so much, i thought they has a really good set. I agree about uga. Bukshot and Boonie relied too much on the backup music, but Claas lilled it. A.X.E. tore it up. That was my first time seeing them live. Twiztids set i thought they were awesome and was really feeding off the crowd and made for a better show. The VIP after Twiztid was cool, got to meet axe and uga all of them were cool. Boondox felt like he didnt want to be there but everyone else was into it. Did the Twiztid VIP at the Rock and Shick before the show and that was cool. Madrox as always was great. Paul was off but he usually isnt a people person, so wasnt too surprised by that. Got a coupke of tour exclusive cds at the VIPs. I'm a collector so that was cool. Got that 15 years of fright fest cd. And the axe and uga festival of fright cd. Also got the new Bukshot pale moon cd and the uga apollyon cd. Overall me and my girl had an awesome time.

Whoop Whoop Bostonjuggalo :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Carnivalkilla44, KrookedNose66
October 15, 2018
11:23 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members

Nice reviews, glad yall had a good time. I think my biggest complaint was the early start time(s). That killed it for me. 

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
October 15, 2018
7:04 pm
Chuckieboy
Members
Forum Posts: 898

I caught them both and have to say it was completely opposite for me . The clown show was clown shoes and the mne show went in. I've been sleeping on claas apparently cause that dude killed. And axe put down as always. The icp show was an absolute joke for me, Fuckin clownvis or watever his name Is I'd an embarrassment. Shit seems racist af to me and Idk how he doesent get beat up honestly.....that being said I did a buncha drugs both shows so who knows if I didn't make it all up in my head to begin with. Oh yea and it was like 12 Fucking 30 when the clowns got there ....had I not been tripping and too interested in all the lights ida prolly started a riot lol .

Whoop Whoop Chuckieboy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
October 15, 2018
7:16 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

i gotta ask...  how on earth did clownvis strike you as bein racist as fuck?  

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

ScottieD, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

October 15, 2018
7:28 pm
Bonesaw Wizardstick
Members

Bostonjuggalo said
I agree it was a high energy show. I was surprined i like mmfd so much, i thought they has a really good set.

They're interesting.  Cyco has been doing horrorcore for basically forever.  Insane Poetry is one of the earliest horrorcore groups, and they were from LA.  And Scum is an acquired taste to a lot of people because of his delivery, but he puts it down.  As opposed to the complaints about the Lex performance, Scum is the exact opposite.  He pretty much runs a mile during his set no matter now small the stage is, and he sounds much better live than he does in the studio.  MMMFD has 3 albums out now and they're all good.

October 15, 2018
8:41 pm
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
Forum Posts: 845

Love that people are noticing what I've been seeing from Claas for 15+ years! 

I haven't seen the Fright Fest tour yet, but will in 9 days!  The Clowns were in town last night and I can't even get behind what @Chuckieboy said even a little.  Ouija and ICP both slayed their sets!  It's ICP's best set list in years (that isn't an album show). Energy was through the roof!  Dallas Juggalos are live as fuck though, so I'm sure that adds to it.

Whoop Whoop ScottieD :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Carnivalkilla44
October 16, 2018
3:46 pm
Miklo Velka
Miklo Velka
Members
Forum Posts: 3593

Carnivalkilla44 said
I think my biggest complaint was the early start time(s). That killed it for me.   

Fuck that just admit you're getting old.

cig

October 16, 2018
5:19 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members

Miklo Velka said

Fuck that just admit you're getting old.

cig  

If I was getting old, wouldn't I welcome early start times?

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Old Mr Dangerous
October 17, 2018
1:41 pm
Chuckieboy
Members

scruffy said
i gotta ask...  how on earth did clownvis strike you as bein racist as fuck?    

Well he talks about will Smith and the fresh Prince and then of course after everything he says he says in the ghetto. The guy just moved into this big ass mansion with a butler and all kindsa shit...but somehow he's still in the ghetto. Not sure how else to take it 

October 17, 2018
1:43 pm
Chuckieboy
Members

ScottieD said
Love that people are noticing what I've been seeing from Claas for 15+ years! 

I haven't seen the Fright Fest tour yet, but will in 9 days!  The Clowns were in town last night and I can't even get behind what @Chuckieboy said even a little.  Ouija and ICP both slayed their sets!  It's ICP's best set list in years (that isn't an album show). Energy was through the roof!  Dallas Juggalos are live as fuck though, so I'm sure that adds to it.  

Yea Scottie I'd say the fact they showed up after midnight when we'd all been standing there for the last 5 hours waiting did have some impact on my hate...

Whoop Whoop Chuckieboy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
October 17, 2018
1:53 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Chuckieboy said      
 Well he talks about will Smith and the fresh Prince and then of course after everything he says he says in the ghetto. The guy just moved into this big ass mansion with a butler and all kindsa shit...but somehow he's still in the ghetto. Not sure how else to take it       

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
94 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes, THC Edibles

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845