April 27, 2024
100 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS MNE
420 show Pontiac Michigan recap
April 21, 2016
2:20 pm
18 years down
Members
Forum Posts: 151
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'll make this somewhat brief since my ps4 is calling my name. The VIP meet and greet went very smooth this time, MUCH smoother than the Valentine show in Cleveland which ran hours late forcing people to stand out in temperatures that reached -18 degrees. Anyway, I asked Jamie how dope the wizard of the hood set at the gathering would be this year. He basically said he really didn't know violent j hasn't told them anything about it. I asked him if he could compare the new album to one of their past albums which one would it most sound like. He dodged the question pretty quick and just said there still working on it. I asked Paul if there was any truth to the possibility of a dark lotus tour and just shook his head and said no. Then they made a joke about j starting the rumor ( I forgot exactly what they said). I also asked monoxide if he had any more solo stuff in the works and said " no time soon if ever". Boondox told me he still has not been invited to the gathering. I asked blaze if he'd be doing his own seminar or anything at the gathering and said he really hadn't heard anything about what's happening there yet.  The doors opened promptly at 5pm , doors in my experience almost never open on time. Then came about 3-4 hours of really shitty opening acts, sorry but just being honest, maybe with the exception of gods of koas. It seemed to me they had so many opening acts the mne guys sets were disappointingly short. It would been better if they had less opening acts in my opinion. The crowd visibly starts getting bored after a while. Now for what I've waiting to tell you all along. Twiztid finally hit the stage at 1130pm. All seemed fine for the first few songs then disaster struck, a technical problem with the wickedness causing them to lose sound, just the wickedness not twiztid. They tried to crack jokes to keep everyone entertained while they tried to fix the problem. Aside from that they were visibly FURIOUS at the wickedness over it. One of my homies standing near the side of the stage could hear Jamie screaming at the girl from the band. After trying to fix it a few times they eventually gave up and kicked the wickedness off stage and continued without them. Some songs they did- blink, love don't live here, breakdown, rock the dead, we don't die, so high, they told me, lift me up. I did manage to periscope some short clips look me up at dyt_ninja 1981.

Whoop Whoop 18 years down :

Miklo Velka, djscrubb
April 21, 2016
2:37 pm
Miklo Velka
Miklo Velka
Members
Forum Posts: 3593

Dope info homie!

Won't be surprised if Boondox doesn't get a spot at GOTJ this year.

He bit the hand that fed him.

I could see Boonie retiring soon.

His set was so short on this last tour, it barely qualified as a set.

And how many more times can he expect MNE to invite him out on tour to perform his Psychopathic hits?

cig

April 21, 2016
4:32 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467

Miklo Velka said:                                  I could see Boonie retiring soon.

I've always been impartial to Boondox with the exception of The Underground Avengers so this wouldn't be a problem for me. 

Side note:

I'm going to the show tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out the best time to show up so I don't have to sit through anything but the MNE roster. So about three hours worth of meh shit until shit starts popping off?

April 21, 2016
5:35 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

there are so many opening acts, because they have 2 pay 2 play! mo openers, mo money 4 Twiztid!

Whoop Whoop wonka69 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

April 22, 2016
8:04 am
spadedninja4207
spadedninja4207
Members
Forum Posts: 55

My homie drove out there to see it he brought my twiztid jersey to the vip and got it signed by Twiztid blaze boondox lex and roc super happy it looks so fresh now ! ?

April 22, 2016
8:12 am
djscrubb
djscrubb
Curbstomp Productions
Members
Forum Posts: 1390

As for the openers, I like Trilogy.  He's been on a lot of tours lately, I wonder if MNE is going to sign him or not??  How was that Davey Suicide dude?  Never heard of him before.  Nothings worse than equipment failure on stage...for performers and fans (captain obvious).  But it just kills the vibe of the show, I've been at a few shows where mics just stopped working or lost the signal, certain speakers were not working ect.  Shit happens. 

April 22, 2016
10:01 am
spadedninja4207
spadedninja4207
Members
Forum Posts: 55

Lotus set gotj 2014 sound went out dude next to me looked like he was gonna jump the sound railing and tear the tech guys head off shit was nuts!

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
55 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

JamesHew, WayneTyday, Ronniedyemo, Craiganges, ArthurPaurn

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845