April 25, 2024
125 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

HatchetmanMJ
Slipknot!!! New Album 2014??
May 29, 2013
2:52 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members
Forum Posts: 4619
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

j

Is COREY TAYLOR Finally Ready To Resurrect SLIPKNOT In 2014?

[Image Can Not Be Found]

We've been through this before haven't we? Ever since Slipknot wrapped up touring on Mayhem Fest last year, the big question was when will the band get together to write new material. Drummer Joey Jordison began writing immediately, and had enough material that he spun it off into a side-project.

Corey Taylor, meanwhile, began to focus on his other baby, Stone Sour. He previously said he won't be ready to work on Slipknot until 2015, but it seems like there has been some sort of shift in schedules. After Clown has begun saying that 2014 is the year Slipknot is getting back together, it seems Taylor is changing his tune.

In a new interview with Pulse of Radio (transcribed by Blabbermouth), the Slipknot frontman said that looks like business will pick up next year:

"I know everybody is pretty keen on getting together and seeing what happens next year, so I mean, if it takes us a year to write an album, so be it," he said. "The main goal is to just get us in the room and just see what happens, you know. If we can get past that first day, I think it'll come together. Now that we're all kind of in better places in our lives and whatnot, it's making it a little easierto be excited about it again. It's just starting to feel like it's time."

Slipknot have a bunch of European festival dates scheduled for the summer and the band will surly be asked to elaborate then.

On a related note, check out the absurdly awesome cover of this month's Metal Hammer magazine featuring Slipknot as a crew of superheros, created by SixMoreVodka:

Metal Hammer SlipknotImage Enlarger

May 29, 2013
2:58 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members
Forum Posts: 4619
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

hmj

SLIPKNOT's Joey Jordison Details New Solo Project

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Last year, Joey Jordison locked himself in the studio and began writing new material and eventually came out of the studio with 40 songs written. With the Slipknot machine not starting back up again any time soon, Joey decided to form a new band which we went into detail about recently.

Today, Joey has new comments about the band and how it came together.

In a new interview with Metal Hammer magazine, and revealed that the band was formed out of necessity after all the music he had written:

“I’d been working on new Slipknot material since the end of the All Hope Is Gone tour cycle but I ended up with so much stuff I had to take a step back and stop working on it,” he explains. “The time wasn’t right. But I came up with a bunch of material that was really killer and heavy and started taking some of it in a different direction. I started focusing on a lot of the post-punk and industrial stuff that I’ve always loved and started putting super heavy and brutal guitars over the top of it. That’s how it started. It’s taken me a couple of years to get to this point, but I can honestly say this is the most satisfied I’ve ever been in the studio. I can’t wait for everyone to hear this shit.”

“I’ve done the bulk of the work in the studio but now I’ve got Jed [Simon, Strapping Young Lad] and Kris [Norris, Darkest Hour] to play lead guitar on everything,” he adds. “Chris [Vrenna, Nine Inch Nails] is doing the keyboards and synths and all that stuff and I have an unknown guy on vocals. His name’s Henry and he’s super talented and a great vocalist. I didn’t want someone from a known band singing in this band, because then it just becomes some supergroup thing and that’s not what this is.”

Personally, I am really intrigued to hear what comes about from this, are you?

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
96 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845