April 26, 2024
82 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
New guy here - a hello and kid-related GOTJ question.
March 30, 2014
5:21 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Violentdope said

scruffy said
last year i did not contract the plague.  
as psyral indicated, i ate eat a bunch of vitamin supplements n shit for a week or two before i left.  tried to get in good exercise, too.  gs

did you take vitamins and other things as well or did the vitamins make you shit for a week or two? lol

entrappedmind said  
That is an important distinction... lol.

neither.  i meant that i ate shit, with the vitamins.  

it was difficult, but probably worth it.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

March 30, 2014
10:52 am
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
Forum Posts: 696

I'll be sure to load up on the vitamins... But I'll leave the feces-ingestion to you. Heh.

April 17, 2014
11:22 pm
-500-
-500-
Members
Forum Posts: 51

You sound like a cool ass pops, I get what your tryin to do for your son and I think your heart is in the right place

but a 14 yr old? This is the type of shit that gets your kid taken away. 

plus lets be real there ain't too many future doctors or astronauts at the gathering. I think it's safe to say nobody there is going to be splitting the atom. I mean roses have grown in concrete but this to me is setting him up for failure

just my two cents I'm not judging 

April 17, 2014
11:42 pm
Sean Law
Sean Law
Members
Forum Posts: 3352

that aint you in that pic is it?

I'll fuck you till you love me, Faggot!

-Tyson

April 18, 2014
12:30 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members

-500- said
You sound like a cool ass pops, I get what your tryin to do for your son and I think your heart is in the right place

plus lets be real there ain't too many future doctors or astronauts at the gathering. I think it's safe to say nobody there is going to be splitting the atom. I mean roses have grown in concrete but this to me is setting him up for failure

I understand where you're coming from, and appreciate your concern... But exactly how is it worse for me to take him to an event, in order to ensure he's protected and help him make the right choices while still enjoying the event itself; than it is for god-knows-how-many other parents to drop their kid off with friends, allow him to go alone, or have him sneak off to an event without the parent's knowledge? Between ages 14 and 18, I went to over 20 ICP shows without my parents' knowledge (or, when they knew, without them giving a shit what it was that I did). And, in part anyway, their ignorance/apathy allowed me to experience the worst that the "Juggalo family" had to offer.

But, it's somehow worse to go into it with eyes wide open, fully aware and prepared for what to expect...? I don't buy that for a second. He's gonna go anyway, at one point or another. It's my belief that it's better he has a little guidance and shelter the first time around. Okay, okay, perhaps shelter is the wrong word, because the Gathering and "Sheltered" don't exactly go hand-in-hand. You know what I mean, though.

He's an Honors student and a three-sport athlete. I sincerely doubt attending one event for four days is going to turn him into -- uh -- me, as a teen.

PS: If your opinion of your fellow Juggalos is so low... Why the hell are you here, anyway?

"plus lets be real there ain't too many future doctors or astronauts at the gathering. I think it's safe to say nobody there is going to be splitting the atom. I mean roses have grown in concrete but this to me is setting him up for failure"

Really? I'm glad you know the education level, personal situation, and career of every single Gathering attendee.

Exactly how many Nuclear Physicists, Surgeons, and Astronauts do you know, anyway?

April 18, 2014
12:49 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

i know, as acquaintances, a few nuclear physicists; many surgeons, some of whom i know quite well; and have met several astronauts, both before and after their careers as astronauts.  

and i can talk shop with all of them, all day.  

entrapped makes a good point.  

just because uneducated and dumb juggalos exist, doesnt mean they should be used as a yardstick to measure the rest.  

April 18, 2014
1:01 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members

scruffy said
i know, as acquaintances, a few nuclear physicists; many surgeons, some of whom i know quite well; and have met several astronauts, both before and after their careers as astronauts.  

Well, aren't you special. ;)

Thanks for the agreement, scruffy, despite invalidating part of my argument heh.

April 18, 2014
1:11 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

entrappedmind said

scruffy said

Well, aren't you special. ;)

Thanks for the agreement, scruffy, despite invalidating part of my argument heh.

invalidate?  i didnt mean to invalidate, but reinforce.  

oh, you probably meant the last bit, the question...  sorry bout that.  just a factoid.  

April 18, 2014
1:25 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

@500 may be a doctor and therefore knows many doctors. I can picture it.
500doctor.jpgImage Enlarger

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
April 18, 2014
3:53 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members

lol... Nice, Psyral.

Actually, I'm doubting that's who's doing the posting... Reason being, in an old post, they refer to themselves as a "grown ass man". So, unless they got a sex change involving about 32 lbs of silicone...

April 18, 2014
3:54 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members

lol... Nice, Psyral.   Actually, I'm doubting that's who's doing the posting... Reason being, in an old post, they refer to themselves as a "grown ass man". So, unless they got a sex change involving about 32 lbs of silicone...

No slight taken, scruff, just messing with you.

EDIT: Okay, why in the hell did it add another post when I simply attempted to edit my existing one... Well, at least it didn't erase my entire post.. For once..

April 18, 2014
10:18 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Members
Forum Posts: 4001

@500 may be a doctor and therefore knows many doctors. I can picture it. 500doctor.jpgImage Enlarger

*ahem* i repeat, TITS OR GTFO

and

entrappedmind said

-500- said

I understand where you're coming from, and appreciate your concern... But exactly how is it worse for me to take him to an event, in order to ensure he's protected and help him make the right choices while still enjoying the event itself; than it is for god-knows-how-many other parents to drop their kid off with friends, allow him to go alone, or have him sneak off to an event without the parent's knowledge? Between ages 14 and 18, I went to over 20 ICP shows without my parents' knowledge (or, when they knew, without them giving a shit what it was that I did). And, in part anyway, their ignorance/apathy allowed me to experience the worst that the "Juggalo family" had to offer.

But, it's somehow worse to go into it with eyes wide open, fully aware and prepared for what to expect...? I don't buy that for a second. He's gonna go anyway, at one point or another. It's my belief that it's better he has a little guidance and shelter the first time around. Okay, okay, perhaps shelter is the wrong word, because the Gathering and "Sheltered" don't exactly go hand-in-hand. You know what I mean, though.

He's an Honors student and a three-sport athlete. I sincerely doubt attending one event for four days is going to turn him into -- uh -- me, as a teen.

PS: If your opinion of your fellow Juggalos is so low... Why the hell are you here, anyway?

"plus lets be real there ain't too many future doctors or astronauts at the gathering. I think it's safe to say nobody there is going to be splitting the atom. I mean roses have grown in concrete but this to me is setting him up for failure"

Really? I'm glad you know the education level, personal situation, and career of every single Gathering attendee.

Exactly how many Nuclear Physicists, Surgeons, and Astronauts do you know, anyway?

You 're the shit man. For all this man. Truly, legendary post. Right down to callin the bitch out.

and finally,

scruffy said

entrapped makes a good point.  

just because uneducated and dumb juggalos exist, doesnt mean they should be used as a yardstick to measure the rest.  

Fuck the Dos Equis guy, scruffy is, in the fact, the true Most Interesting Man In The World.

Blood rains down from an angry sky! My cock rages on! My cock rages on!

April 18, 2014
10:42 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

nope.  its rob.  

April 19, 2014
12:25 pm
-500-
-500-
Members

Just reminds me of the parents back in high school who got high with their kids, sayin shit like "I'd rather him do it with me than with his friends so I know he's safe" 

do I even have to say how those kids turned out LOL

i just think your more concerned with looking cool infront of your son rather than schoolin him, bottom line is 80% of us are fuck ups, and in the eyes of a judge well you are better off takin your kid to a KKK rally rather the gathering. That's just the corner we have been painted into.  You know juggalo astronauts cool story bro ! Me personally I've never met one.

If you think making your son become a gathering vet is helping him succeed in life good for you

You post this shit on a public forum and get all worked up when someone suggests it might not be the best idea lol welcome to the Internet

Lmao at that pic 

April 19, 2014
12:38 pm
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members
Forum Posts: 4717

Man I could understand not bringing an eight year old but at fourteen you are half way to being a man. I dont know about yall but I was getting pussy and puking up heaven hill vodka at fourteen. I doubt he is gonna see anything there he hasnt seen on the internet. I just dont think going to a festival is going to affect his success in life one way or another. Kinda blowing shit out of purportion. On the same token I wouldnt take a fourteen year old daughter to the gathering. Maybe thats sexist but it is what it is.

April 19, 2014
12:47 pm
-500-
-500-
Members

Right slum, most of us involved were into drugs, sex, committing crimes at that age. fucked up lives. The average 14 year old didn't live like we did.

i guess i look at it as do I want my kid to follow in my footsteps. Hell fuckin No. I've seen those young kids at the gathering and I feel for them. like looking at a younger me. Don't want to see them go thru the same struggle as me, they deserve a fair shot.

April 19, 2014
12:59 pm
Slumerican502
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Members
Forum Posts: 4717

We ARE middle america.Id wager those of us who did grow up like that didnt have a father figure to guide us. I sure as hell didnt. Im not an astronaut but im not ashamed of who I am and wouldnt take most of it back.

As a father I totally get what you are saying. You want the best for your child and for them to not make the same mistakes. This kid in question has a father to guide him through the experience. I think he will be fine and have the most memorable time in his life that he will remember for years to come.

April 19, 2014
1:06 pm
-500-
-500-
Members

My original post wasn't out of hate, I gave him props cuz I think he's got his heart in the right place 

I just look at it from my perspective. My kids mother would take my kid from me if I took em to the gathering at fukin 14 years of age, and there isn't a judge in the world who would side with me.

I gave homie my thoughts cuz im lookin Out, not hating. He took it as hating and went on a tirade about  all the juggalo astronauts and juggalo proctologists he knows, so fukk him 

so I'm jus explaining why I think they way I do. Even if my kids mom let me take him I wouldn't, I'm afraid of him turnin out like i was. Call me protective or whatever, I could give two fucks 

April 19, 2014
1:54 pm
-500-
-500-
Members

And look at this dick with ears LTB, ol Cheerleading ass. Put the Pom poms down hoe

Nigga is super sprung off my profile pic lol u jus know he gets zero ass

I swear I seen that face on a episode of catch a predator LMAO

"Would you like some milk with those cookies? Have a seat."

April 19, 2014
2:10 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

-500- said 

You know juggalo astronauts cool story bro ! Me personally I've never met one.    

also, the bit about 

He took it as hating and went on a tirade about  all the juggalo astronauts and juggalo proctologists he knows, so fukk him 

read it again.  my post, and entrappeds.  

im not one of those insecure twits who thinks that all there is, is my 'juggalo family'.  

i live in the world, and theres a lot of people in it, and the vast majority have nothing at all to do with juggalos.  

really, this all reads to me, as if youre a fuckup yourself, and are projecting it, for whatever reason.  

also, i dont know what ltbs trip about your picture is, but i do know hes got a cool as fuck girlfriend.  

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
105 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

CraigZoode, RichardmaL, Stanleyhic, LarryKix, Matthewlat

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845