May 29, 2022
8 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_TopicIcon
The most frustrating PS3 trophy/Xbox 360 achievement you've ever gotten?
March 12, 2014
8:05 pm
Forum Posts: 1579
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

There is a few that come to mind. If you've played Splatterhouse, there is a trophy called "Jason Schmason" which is just an absolute nightmare to get. Getting a platinum trophy for the first Dead Space game is a sure way to induce controller throwing frustration LOL. 

Why do we put ourselves through it? Just for a trophy? I'm not entirely sure myself. There's just some trophies I need to have i guess.

"I Just Wanna Hide Inside My Own Private Hell"- Boondox

March 13, 2014
3:03 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Forum Posts: 2782

I've played 'Hardcore' mode in Fallout New Vegas. That was fun. There's achievements I wanna get on Silent Hill games if I only use 2 saves and complete a game in 3 hours. I've gotten a lot in GTA V but nothing on online multiplayer.

March 13, 2014
3:22 pm
scruffy
Forum Posts: 11447

GanjaGoblin said
I've played 'Hardcore' mode in Fallout New Vegas. 

only way to play it.  

for one, i hate that rpg makers usually think ammunition is weightless.  

hang a bandolier with six magazines from their neck, and thing first thing theyll say is, 'wow, this is really heavy'.  its ludicrous to imagine a character running around with two or three thousand cartridges.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

March 13, 2014
3:33 pm
Slumerican502
Louisville, Kentucky
Forum Posts: 4702

Did you beat new vegas on hardcore or just play it? I tried it but it was very tedious for me to drink eat and sleep all the time. As far as trophies I dont care about em but the hardest game ive ever beat was XCOM on hard. That shit is throw a fist through a wall difficult.

Manhunts hardcore mode was another one. 

March 13, 2014
3:36 pm
scruffy

i finished new vegas, yeah.  

March 13, 2014
4:14 pm
scruffy

i couldnt even tell you what trophies or achievements or whatever ive gotten.  

achievements, i guess, if thats the xbox phraseology.  

March 13, 2014
4:55 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA

Its not impossible to get all the achievements in a game. Some games are extremely hard and difficult to get achievements on and some are fairly easy to acquire, just gotta play the game. And I completed New Vegas on Hardcore mode Slum. Short quick play through and a high survival perk helped me out. I'm kinda glad the ammo is weightless in the game cause where it'd be more of a pain in the ass trying to kill enemies. My gamerscore is pretty high, I game and nerd out. Left 4 Dead 2 I beat a game on expert with Realism, that was pretty difficult but I'm pretty good with that game. Just need a team to help beat the rest of the campaigns on expert.

March 13, 2014
6:57 pm
Suplex
Forum Posts: 49

I never got it but there was an achievement on gears of war to get 10,000 kills online. Considering its a slow 6v6 that would take some time. In terms of just hard games, I've beaten ninja gaiden. Dark souls is a bitch. Don't know how someone could do that.

Gamertag: W0NDER BREAD24 (o is a zero and space between words) lets get down on some titanfall.

March 13, 2014
7:17 pm
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Forum Posts: 6148

scruffy said

hang a bandolier with six magazines from their neck, and thing first thing theyll say is, 'wow, this is really heavy'.  its ludicrous to imagine a character running around with two or three thousand cartridges.  

Always been a beef of mine as well.  I like that in the Elder Scrolls games everything has a weight attached so you can't run around with a shit ton of heavy weapons...priorities people...

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

March 13, 2014
7:23 pm
Psyral Infection
#ModBot
Forum Posts: 4250

OCJ_Brendan said

scruffy said
for one, i hate that rpg makers usually think ammunition is weightless...   

Always been a beef of mine as well.  I like that in the Elder Scrolls games everything has a weight attached so you can't run around with a shit ton of heavy weapons...priorities people...

Except for arrows. I carried many hundred arrows in Skyrim. No weight.

Yeah.gif
March 13, 2014
7:35 pm

xbox has acheivements there are a total of 1000 per game and its nearly impossible to get all 1000

Bullshit. Before I switched to Playstation 3, (Microsoft, never again) I had a Xbox 360. There were a few games i got a full 1000 G score for. The first Dead Rising, Borderlands, Mercs 2. Some games are easier than others. A game called Crackdown i believe had some of the most ridiculous achievements that required hours and hours of dedication time to get. After awhile, I was like, fuck it. There were other games i wanted to play.

March 13, 2014
7:44 pm

I guess it just depends on how bad you want 100% completion of a game. Some games i don't care about, others I just want 100% for.

March 13, 2014
7:47 pm
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Forum Posts: 6148

Psyral Infection said

OCJ_Brendan said

scruffy said
for one, i hate that rpg makers usually think ammunition is weightless...   

Except for arrows. I carried many hundred arrows in Skyrim. No weight.

I thought they weighed .01 oz or something small like that...maybe thats lockpicks im thinking about.  Dunmar represent.

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

March 13, 2014
8:37 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA

Lockpicks as well don't have any weight too. And Suplex the GOW achievement you're talking about you can get while playing through the story again.

March 23, 2014
11:11 pm
ThyGoobers
Forum Posts: 58

I'm sure I have some that were a bitch and a half to get but I some of them stand out. A Monument For All Your Sins on Halo: Reach was a bitch to get. The achievement in Dishonored for not killing anyone or alarming someone was tedious.  Seriously... and Seriously 3.0 I didn't even bother with, the later would be easy because you can achieve some of it (I think) through single-player. Seriously...(10,000 kills in online ranked matches) just isn't worth the time. And of course Bladder of steel which is play every song in the game Rock Band 2 in one set list, no pausing and even if your controller dies (since it pauses the game when that happens) you won't get it. I did it back in the day with my buddies, shit sucked. Took around 7 hours for all those god forsaken songs. 

May 15, 2014
8:39 pm
WvJuggalo
Forum Posts: 8

The hardest trophy i ever got was the Platinum for MAG on ps3.

The 2 most enjoyable was getting platinum for Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2

But now i am back to PC gaming so they were kinda all for naught.

May 15, 2014
10:22 pm
The Notorious, L.T.B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Forum Posts: 4001

Getting a headshot kill on a majini midjump in RE5....that's something I literally spent hours trying to do and never fucking could. Finally got it on accident With a shotgun. Also, knifing an arrow out of the air as it flew it you was tedious as fuck, but not nearly as rage inducing as the midjump headshot.

Blood rains down from an angry sky! My cock rages on! My cock rages on!

May 16, 2014
3:39 am
RydaFoLife
Forum Posts: 492

1. Xbox games have more and less than 1k Gscore all the time. I own 17 games and I don't think any of them have exactly 1000, most of them don't even have more than 900. 

2. Some games have unbeatable achievements because they were either promotions, broken mechanics, or never meant to be achieved. 

I would say the most recent hardest achievement is probably 100% singleplayer GTAV. Because I don't have the care/time to do all of the random events/jumps/find pieces of shit. 

August 7, 2015
12:47 pm

WWE 13 was another one i platinum trophyied. But it was tough. I spent almost 2 months with boosters online trying to get king of the world. With all the fucking spear spammers and rage quitters online, there was no other way to get the plat for it other than boosting.

August 7, 2015
5:51 pm
bayAreaShaman
Forum Posts: 3148

scruffy said

GanjaGoblin said
I've played 'Hardcore' mode in Fallout New Vegas. 

only way to play it.  

One of the reasons why i respect and love resident evils briefcase

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
49 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11538

King Lucem Ferre: 9099

Old Mr Dangerous: 8761

krunk: 7395

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

patjoyce: 4891

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 9768

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 28

Topics: 12047

Newest Members:

EdwinPheri, elizzahail, Mallorymonis, glandreac, frankvstickney, RoberRaine

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2782, Psyral Infection: 4250, bozodklown: 350, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6488

Administrators: admin: 0, ScottieD: 845