March 28, 2024
54 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
movies
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - Official Trailer (2014)
March 27, 2014
1:23 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members
Forum Posts: 4619
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
March 27, 2014
1:33 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members

lol pretty much

March 28, 2014
1:29 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

The Rock as Hercules > This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JZhGYrgCPg

Also, The Rock can Rock a beard!

March 28, 2014
1:46 am
twiztidkillaxxx2
twiztidkillaxxx2
Members
Forum Posts: 4364

Turtles look gay.  But who knows how the movie will do.  Could be great

March 28, 2014
2:02 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

If anyone wants to go to the mat for this one... yer in the minority by the looks of how the internet just exploded.

My .02 (the short form)

1) Megan Fox as April without being a redhead (but they keep the yellow costuming motif) :/ :/ :/

2) They have dinosaur heads that look like stegosaurs and have huge nostrils while being 7ft tall. Their shells look like after-thoughts to their design. (cuz originally they weren't even going to be MUTANT TURTLES)

3) NO SPLINTER IN THE MOVIE AT ALL

4) CGI... count on them always looking wet or shiny so you can make out the edges

Guillermo Del Toro is our last hope for practical sfx! SAVE US!

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

March 28, 2014
2:17 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members

Cheshyr said
If anyone wants to go to the mat for this one... yer in the minority by the looks of how the internet just exploded.

Not trying to be a dick, but what? Like if you want to argue that this will be a good movie?

Cheshyr said
Guillermo Del Toro is our last hope for practical sfx! SAVE US!

I agree with this. I am still pissed he dropped out of the Hobbit. Dude is an awesome director and has conviction. He turned down TWO Harry Potter films to make the Hellboy films because he loved the comics. Also his vampire novel trilogy is the shit!

March 28, 2014
2:45 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

@piggofdoom  Eep! No, no, no! Quite the opposite! This movie is gonna rape the shit out of all our inner child's and then make our own kids (which I don't have) watch our puckered assholes bleed while we try to tell them how much we used to like it!

The last all CGI TMNT cartoon movie was fantastic! I'm not gonna wax nostalgic about the first live action movies too much as the animatronics don't hold up all that well with age but they were still AWESOME!

The mere fact that there's NO SPLINTER should be enough to give people pause. Imagine the entire Star Wars movies without Yoda! The Karate Kid without a Mr. Myagi (Pat Morita only)! Or even LoTR without Gandalf! That student/teacher relationship is the glue that holds everything together and that doesn't even comment on how without Splinter, there is no Shredder... but they got an Asian guy in there to be the bad guy... pfft.

Oh and Del Toro is the one that made Blade such a fuckin' badass! HE was the one that came up with that bifurcated jaw thing that all kinds of other movies ripped off right after (The Thing remake comes to mind (also ew).

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

March 28, 2014
2:54 am
King Lucem Ferre
King Lucem Ferre
Members
Forum Posts: 9104

I liked the new Karate Kid. The only thing that sucks is that it has the same name as the old Karate Kid so people will get them mixed up.

March 28, 2014
2:54 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members

Yeah, his book talks about how being a vampire is a virus that reconfigures your organs to make a stinger. It is badass.

March 28, 2014
9:33 am
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
Forum Posts: 696

Cheshyr said 
The last all CGI TMNT cartoon movie was fantastic! I'm not gonna wax nostalgic about the first live action movies too much as the animatronics don't hold up all that well with age but they were still AWESOME!

Screw that! The original live action movies ARE STILL the shit, I don't care who you are. At least 1 & 2.

In a way, though, I was always a little disappointed by the Turtles. My first exposure to them was when I somehow wound up with the first graphic novel, don't remember how. Now, in that, the Turtles are BRUTAL. I mean, it was a graphic novel, y'know? There was always a humor element, but they were still portrayed as badasses. So when the cartoons and movies and whatnot came out, and the emphasis was on the humor side of things, it always rubbed me the wrong way. I still, to this day, want to see Footsoldiers get dismembered in a bloody spray by Leo going ape-shit with his katanas. I wanna see Donatello crack some skulls open. I want to see TMNT meets 300.

Am I alone?

March 28, 2014
2:21 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

entrappedmind said

Cheshyr said 

Screw that! The original live action movies ARE STILL the shit, I don't care who you are. At least 1 & 2.

In a way, though, I was always a little disappointed by the Turtles. My first exposure to them was when I somehow wound up with the first graphic novel, don't remember how. Now, in that, the Turtles are BRUTAL. I mean, it was a graphic novel, y'know? There was always a humor element, but they were still portrayed as badasses. So when the cartoons and movies and whatnot came out, and the emphasis was on the humor side of things, it always rubbed me the wrong way. I still, to this day, want to see Footsoldiers get dismembered in a bloody spray by Leo going ape-shit with his katanas. I wanna see Donatello crack some skulls open. I want to see TMNT meets 300.

Am I alone?

No sir you are not.

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

March 28, 2014
2:39 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members

hell ya the live action ones are still the shit and look better than this crap..I'll give it a chance though when it comes out on redbox.Guillermo Del toro is a great director btw... love Pans Labyrinth..

March 28, 2014
6:24 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Hmm, I could stand corrected on this but I distinctly recall there being a big stink being made over it around the same as when Bay announced he wasn't making them MUTANTS or TURTLES (some bs about "us" perceiving them to *look like turtles so that's what "we" call them"). I wish I could find it. Maybe it had something to do with him not being a rat or that it's some dude who just goes by the *name Splinter and gets offed way early on leaving just the Turtles working for/against the corporation that *made them.

Another correction: the guy representing Shredder is actually a white guy (NOT Japanese).

Also, I know IMDB usually carbon copies synopsis' to franchises into upcoming movie adaptations as "place holders" until the real run-down gets released but it is a sticking point, ain't it?

Either way, the whole concept of the Samurai Vengeance between Splinter and Shredder is no longer the concept they are working with. The Turtles are essentially now recast as superheroes and not simply (simply, ha) them against the Foot Clan. And yeah, Baxter Stockman (the Sol Rosenberg of the Turtles universe) is now a black dude.

Haven't heard anything on Rocksteady and BeeBop though...?

March 28, 2014
6:30 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members

http://screenrant.com/tmnt-201.....ocksteady/

dude playin shredder says no bebop or rocksteady in that link

March 28, 2014
6:34 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 6559

Cast  

Megan Fox
Megan Fox ...
Alan Ritchson
Alan Ritchson ...
Noel Fisher
Noel Fisher ...
William Fichtner
William Fichtner ...
Will Arnett
Will Arnett ...
Whoopi Goldberg
Whoopi Goldberg ...
Abby Elliott
Abby Elliott ...
Jeremy Howard
Jeremy Howard ...
Danny Woodburn
Danny Woodburn ...
Minae Noji
Minae Noji ...
Pete Ploszek
Pete Ploszek ...
Ami Sheth
Ami Sheth ...
Female Newscaster
K. Todd Freeman
K. Todd Freeman ...
Michelle Guo
Michelle Guo ...
Mr. Chang Translator
Alexander Jameson
Alexander Jameson ...
Child in Times Square
Malina Weissman
Malina Weissman ...
Casey Roberts
Casey Roberts ...
Child in Times Square
Stephen Sapienza
Stephen Sapienza ...
Alison Fernandez
Alison Fernandez ...
Rosa
Kelli Wilcoxen
Kelli Wilcoxen ...
Event Patron
Matthew Andrews
Matthew Andrews ...
Yoga Guy
Sam Ibram
Sam Ibram ...
Raquel Merediz
Raquel Merediz ...
Rosa's Mother
Venida Evans
Venida Evans ...
Sassy Old Lady
Joseph Paul Kennedy
Joseph Paul Kennedy ...
Young Boy
Philip Odango
Philip Odango ...
Times Square Tourist
Dennis Lauricella
Dennis Lauricella ...
NYPD Officer
Paul Thornton
Paul Thornton ...
Pedestrian
Braeson Herold
Braeson Herold ...
Metro Reporter
Tyler Peyton
Tyler Peyton ...
Vin Hamilton
Vin Hamilton ...
Extra in Times Square
Alexandra Jordyn
Alexandra Jordyn ...
Tourist
Reginald L. Barnes
Reginald L. Barnes ...
Times Square Tourist (uncredited)
Richard R. Corapi
Richard R. Corapi ...
Driver (uncredited)
Chris J. Cullen
Chris J. Cullen ...
TImes Square Patron (uncredited)
Matthew Gooley
Matthew Gooley ...
Foot Lab Technician (uncredited)
David Hill
David Hill ...
Banquet Guest (uncredited)
Keith Mackler
Keith Mackler ...
Tourist (uncredited)
Paul A Nielsen
Paul A Nielsen ...
Construction Worker (uncredited)
Toshiko Onizawa
Toshiko Onizawa ...
Hostage (uncredited)
Rich Petrillo
Rich Petrillo ...
Times Square Tourist (uncredited)
Diezel Ramos
Diezel Ramos ...
Tourist (uncredited)
John Stepanian
John Stepanian ...
Times Square Upscale Tourist (uncredited)
Steven Weisz
Steven Weisz ...
Newscaster (uncredited)
Dolores Winn
Dolores Winn ...
Hostage (uncredited)
March 28, 2014
6:35 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Shreddersmaller.jpgImage Enlarger

He's an alien... Badass outfit but not from Japan.

(sorry for the formatting. Never added pictures. Still learning)

March 28, 2014
6:37 pm
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 6559

Violentdope said
http://screenrant.com/tmnt-201.....ocksteady/

dude playin shredder says no bebop or rocksteady in that link

Animated Bebop and Rocksteady William Fichtner Talks TMNT; Confirms No Bebop & RocksteadyImage Enlarger

While this isn’t exactly the most earth-shattering insight into Shredder, one other detail was mentioned: Shredder’s main henchmen from the cartoon series, Bebop and Rocksteady, will not be in the reboot.

Fans of the cartoon will recall that Bebop and Rocksteady – characters created for the series, like the majority of the Ninja Turtles’ acknowledged canon – were former members of a street gang who were mutated by Shredder and constantly sent after the Turtles. The characters were used as comic relief, as their bumbling, inept efforts to stop our heroes invariably failed.

March 28, 2014
6:40 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Ah-ha! I recognize the guy playing "Splinter" as having been a recurring character (Kramer's acting friend) on Seinfeld! Guess Warwick Davis wasn't available?

March 28, 2014
6:42 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Wait... they got Abbey Elliot (the too cute for SNL redhead) in this movie but the chose MEGAN FOX to play April?! WTF?!

March 28, 2014
6:47 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

Cheshyr said
Hmm, I could stand corrected on this but I distinctly recall there being a big stink being made over it around the same as when Bay announced he wasn't making them MUTANTS or TURTLES (some bs about "us" perceiving them to *look like turtles so that's what "we" call them"). I wish I could find it.

Here is an old thread on the matter click here

Cheshyr said

Either way, the whole concept of the Samurai Vengeance between Splinter and Shredder is no longer the concept they are working with. The Turtles are essentially now recast as superheroes and not simply (simply, ha) them against the Foot Clan. And yeah, Baxter Stockman (the Sol Rosenberg of the Turtles universe) is now a black dude.

These things make me a sad sad panda...

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
68 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

loppoxz, morbidmikey, Promotionalows, Justinvam

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845