April 18, 2024
34 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

HatchetmanJason
2015 GOTJ Faygoluvers Meetup Massacre T-shirts (Revived)
April 8, 2014
2:05 am
King Lucem Ferre
King Lucem Ferre
Members
Forum Posts: 9104
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

@wow-a-chick is that a threat?

April 8, 2014
2:41 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

I hesitate to make a pro-active attempt at this juncture but...

I think the first part of coming up with any kinda imagery might be to settle on a theme. A few bullet points:

Perhaps something that incorporates the fact that this year's Gathering will be at a new location, LegendValley. Look into what the place looks like for ideas. LOTS of field and not as many trees.

It's also the 15th Anniversary of The Gathering. I think I read somewhere else around here that that's the "crystal anniversary". Please hold your meth jokes. It is also the traditional "watches anniversary". As in clocks but not.

As much as I am always in support of memorials, others might be less likely to wear something about a thing they are unaware of or were not a part of. Besides, there was the Aaron Spencer Benefit and I'm sure we'll see those around.

Has there been a milestone of some sort since the last Gathering belonging to Faygoluvers or FLH that could be celebrated in picture form?

How could the Faygoluvers logo be integrated into it? Keep the Hatchetman as is or involve it in some way into whatever the picture shows?

Will the shirt's function (lettering et al) be more to identify *others regularly on the site (like matching outfits when a group goes to a theme park to recognize each other) or is it in *support/advertising of the site while at the Gathering?

Is there a collaboration of specialties that could be achieved? There seems to be a core of illustrative artists around here, perhaps someone who is better at landscapes could hand off to another that's better at architecture and then another better at figures or animals? 

These are not MY questions but rather jumping off points to spur some creativity. I've lost my own skills to disuse otherwise I'd throw some stuff out there but I've seen some of the work you folks out there are capable of. Just trying to help form a palette on an otherwise blank page.

'~'=

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

April 8, 2014
3:11 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

all these thoughts are the reason i havent started anything yet.  id like it to be something deeper and better looking than some funky lettering over a faygoman, but if it came down to it, a faygoman and funky lettering would be good enough.  

milestones...  well, itll be the third meetup massacre, and the second wherein somebody actually met up.  

how about a picture of six people sitting on an otherwise empty set of bleachers?  

that reminds me...  somebody please make it a point to bring a camera.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

April 8, 2014
8:33 am
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 6559

scruffy said
that reminds me...  somebody please make it a point to bring a camera.  

If i make it to the Gathering of the Juggalos, i will definitely have a camera or 2 on me.

April 8, 2014
8:40 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

if i make it, i probably wont have one.  i rarely seem to, anyway.  

and when i do, i always seem to take about ten good pictures, ninety dumb ones, and miss just about everything that i would actually like to have a picture of.  

and yeah, it an 'if', for me, at the moment.  we shall see.  

violentdope still gets his contribution, though.  

April 8, 2014
11:41 am
Chuklz
Chuklz
Terrorist, Arabland
Members
Forum Posts: 725

Is the shirt going to be print-screened or embroidered?

Possible fonts:vintage-fonts-18.jpgImage Enlarger

cast-iron.jpgImage Enlarger

My brain is gone, my brain is gone, say no more my brain is gone

April 8, 2014
11:54 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

Chuklz said

Or any of the fonts that Faygoluvers has in the download section? https://www.faygoluvers.net/v5/.....ads/fonts/

My opinion is Screen Printed. I think it is probably cheaper. Unsure though since I've never made shirts.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
April 8, 2014
12:36 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

random stab at it.  

flh-meetup-t-temp.jpgImage Enlarger

April 8, 2014
12:48 pm
Chuklz
Chuklz
Terrorist, Arabland
Members

scruffy said
random stab at it.  

flh-meetup-t-temp.jpgImage Enlarger

I love the back but the front needs work. Better than anything I could do though.

Psyral Infection said

Chuklz said

Or any of the fonts that Faygoluvers has in the download section? https://www.faygoluvers.net/v5/.....ads/fonts/

My opinion is Screen Printed. I think it is probably cheaper. Unsure though since I've never made shirts.

yeah that'd be wayyy cheaper.

April 8, 2014
1:00 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

well, i wanted to try three different lettering styles, so, no, they dont go together at all.  

i dont like to use fonts, id rather draw it out.  sometimes, using a font as a jumpoff point.  

[edit]  oh, wait, you said the backs good, fuck the front.  

yeah, the front sucks, too.  

April 8, 2014
1:04 pm
Chuklz
Chuklz
Terrorist, Arabland
Members

scruffy said
well, i wanted to try three different lettering styles, so, no, they dont go together at all.  

i dont like to use fonts, id rather draw it out.  sometimes, using a font as a jumpoff point.  

The font part is awesome, I mean I don't get the 3 graphics, I'd think it's look fresher if you blew up the bottom graphic to fit the whole side. I'm not really good at artistic shit so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

April 25, 2014
11:24 am
Frog
Frog
Pittsburgh pa
Members
Forum Posts: 549

From tadpoles to frogs to Jesus to legends.

April 25, 2014
11:33 am
PunkRockJuggalo
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 6559
April 25, 2014
11:36 am
Frog
Frog
Pittsburgh pa
Members

for some reason i cant seem to just post the image of the shirt since i used custom ink to design the set up.

im not the best with editing and shit like that, but i used windows paint to cut out some letters.

cut out the letters for "meat up" from pics of meat

also scanned the family photos thread and cut out letters from those pics, to make the word "massacre"

figured the back could be custom made per person. Name/avatar

im sure someone could do a better job than i, but just wanted to toss in my design. let me know what yinz think.

April 25, 2014
11:41 am
Frog
Frog
Pittsburgh pa
Members

thanks PRJ

April 25, 2014
5:30 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
Forum Posts: 696

Did you get Warlock's permission to use "MMM"? ;)

Man, this thread is really tempting me to find a copy of Photoshop and give it a whirl... I have PS CS7 from a few years ago on a disc somewhere, but I wouldn't even know where to begin the search. Probably pointless, as my only talent has ever been doing forum signatures and the like. Basically, re-arranging and improving others' work, rather than creating my own.

April 25, 2014
6:14 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

This was my Photoshop copy/paste that I made a little while ago (maybe a months or so). It's too basic but about the best I can do.

flshirt2.jpgImage Enlarger

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
April 26, 2014
12:32 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members

The only gripe I'd have with that is that it's a little too "generic"... But of all the submissions so far, I prefer this one by a wide margin.

Suggestions: Remove the GotJ altogether, maybe. Move the "Meetup Massacre 2014" text underneath the Hatchetman. Slide the whole shebang down a touch, and add a "Name tag" of sorts at the upper right (While somehow avoiding the Eminem My Name Is look), so rather than ordering them personalized, we can just Sharpie names onto them.

April 26, 2014
12:47 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

entrappedmind said
Did you get Warlock's permission to use "MMM"? ;)

Man, this thread is really tempting me to find a copy of Photoshop and give it a whirl... I have PS CS7 from a few years ago on a disc somewhere, but I wouldn't even know where to begin the search. Probably pointless, as my only talent has ever been doing forum signatures and the like. Basically, re-arranging and improving others' work, rather than creating my own.

Or you can download GIMP, which is similar (not quite as many features) but is also completely free.

April 26, 2014
2:52 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members

Thank you for the suggestion... Kinda like how OpenOffice is to MS Office? I'll have to look into it. But like I said, due to my own specific talents (or, perhaps, lack thereof lol), it may be irrelevant as far as this project is concerned.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
60 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

puraviverecensioner, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome, Larrylet

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845