March 29, 2024
71 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

HatchetmanJason
2015 GOTJ Faygoluvers Meetup Massacre T-shirts (Revived)
May 4, 2015
7:24 pm
Frog
Frog
Pittsburgh pa
Members
Forum Posts: 549
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
181sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was thinking about getting a hoodie as well. How much would one of those cost

From tadpoles to frogs to Jesus to legends.

May 4, 2015
10:50 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
182sp_Permalink sp_Print

am i to understand that there are no designs, as yet?  

guess i can try again.  need a theme to work of off; without some kinda iconography to use as a focal/starting point, it would most likely end up some ho-hum cheapity cheap shit.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

May 4, 2015
11:02 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
183sp_Permalink sp_Print

I say you go for it, @scruffy . If you design it, and we get enough people to pre-order the shirts, maybe we can get the "profit" off the shirts to go to getting you a gathering ticket. Not sure if that's all you need to nail down to make it this year. Just an idea.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
May 4, 2015
11:08 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
184sp_Permalink sp_Print

itd be a kick to have done the t-shirts' design, but im not about to accept profits from them.  

theres gotta be at least ten other ninjas here that should be ahead of me, in that line.  

May 4, 2015
11:35 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
Forum Posts: 696
185sp_Permalink sp_Print

Psyral's offering you a way to ensure you make it this year without feeling like you're taking a handout - because you "earned" it, so to speak.

I like his idea. Quit being so goddamn prideful.

May 4, 2015
11:47 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
186sp_Permalink sp_Print

In regard to graphics, I've been wracking my brain since this came up again, and I haven't come up with jack.

Ideas I had already, revisited:

• "Zombified" (or maybe Clownified?) version of the group pic from last year
  • Simple Dickies work shirt with Faygoluvers branding, with matching patch for this year (new patches for each following year)

New ideas:

• Alice in Wonderland theme - only occurred to me because I had a thought to use ScottieD as the "Gonna be late late late" character, in reference to his constant running during the Gathering itself
  • Back to the work shirt idea (yeah, bite me, I like work shirts lol), design them as if they're Faygo employee gear?
  • Related to the idea of entering teams into the various events, make them to be personalized jerseys to double as uniforms for the events?

Somebody's gotta have better ideas. I'm really bad at this shit lol. Most of my creativity left me decades ago.

May 4, 2015
11:54 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492
187sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cartoon caricatures of all of us cutting each other apart with various weapons.

May 5, 2015
12:44 am
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
188sp_Permalink sp_Print

Pigg said
Cartoon caricatures of all of us cutting each other apart with various weapons.

I got dibs on beating @piggofdoom with @scruffy 's leg!

May 5, 2015
9:25 am
Sean Law
Sean Law
Members
Forum Posts: 3352
189sp_Permalink sp_Print

Make one that has.  SEND NSFW.  And on the back, have my email.

OR

If someone made a "NSFW 4 LAW" campaign and filmed some chicks showin their tits while saying my name, or write my name on them, I would be forever indebted."

OR

I can make a song and you film some chicks dancing to it with @ocj_brendan wearing a Lawlalo shirt with a heart on it. Homemade

I'll fuck you till you love me, Faggot!

-Tyson

May 5, 2015
11:25 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492
190sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sean Law said
Make one that has.  SEND NSFW.  And on the back, have my email.

OR

If someone made a "NSFW 4 LAW" campaign and filmed some chicks showin their tits while saying my name, or write my name on them, I would be forever indebted."

OR

I can make a song and you film some chicks dancing to it with @ocj_brendan wearing a Lawlalo shirt with a heart on it. Homemade

I'll do it, but only if you send NSFW of your wife.

May 5, 2015
3:24 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148
191sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is it weird that I already have a Lawlalo shirt with Glitter and the whole shebang on it.  

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

May 5, 2015
10:47 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
192sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am not a fan of the "Zombified" (or maybe Clownified?) version of the group pic from last year.

Then the shirt only means something to the few people that made it to the first MM at the wrestling stage last year. I want it to not be specific to certain people. Same reason I am not liking the NSFW Sean Law version of the shirt.

May 6, 2015
7:57 am
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
193sp_Permalink sp_Print

Psyral Infection said
I am not a fan of the "Zombified" (or maybe Clownified?) version of the group pic from last year.

Then the shirt only means something to the few people that made it to the first MM at the wrestling stage last year. I want it to not be specific to certain people. Same reason I am not liking the NSFW Sean Law version of the shirt.

Incredibly good point.

I did say I'm really bad at this shit, didn't I? ;)

May 6, 2015
8:19 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
194sp_Permalink sp_Print

Psyral Infection said

shirt from last year wasnt specific, but it wasnt about anything, either.  except j, shaggs, and pro wrestling, none of which apply to meetup massacres.  

design should have a purpose, one that relates to the event.  

also, to be technical, last years' was not the first meetup massacre.  technically, in fact, it woulda been the third, but literally no one else showed for the first one, in 2012.  

so officially, id say that the first massacre was 2013.  

perhaps you were referring to the fact that that photo was taken during the first of the individual meetups last year.  but i lump all meetups at each gathering under one event.  

May 6, 2015
8:30 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
195sp_Permalink sp_Print

scruffy said
perhaps you were referring to the fact that that photo was taken during the first of the individual meetups last year.  but i lump all meetups at each gathering under one event.  

Yep. That's what I meant.

scruffy also said 
shirt from last year wasnt specific, but it wasnt about anything, either.  except j, shaggs, and pro wrestling, none of which apply to meetup massacres.  

design should have a purpose, one that relates to the event.

Sounds great. So design one! Do it! Do it now!

May 6, 2015
8:48 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
196sp_Permalink sp_Print

need a starting point.  some idea to work from.  not much imagery does relate directly to mms.  

what ive scratched out so far is... dumb, mostly. 

meetup massacres need their own logo.  a real logo, not two 'm's made of meat, or cartoons of icp, or any silly irrevelvant shit like that.  

May 6, 2015
2:08 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
197sp_Permalink sp_Print

Im literally down for whatever but will start mulling some ideas over.

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

May 6, 2015
2:13 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members

I really think the logo should be an exploding Faygo Bottle with meetup massace either as the flavor on the label or written in the pop coming out the top.  Drop a couple Faygomen on there and a hatchet (not hatchetman) and badda bing badda boom.

IMO less is more.  Clean primary colors (most likely Green like the FLH shirts which pop really nice) with prounounced popping simple visuals that can be altered year to year to reflect the new event.

Another idea is to do it in the color scheme of that current years event.  For example this year its Red Gold and Silver or grey I cant really tell.  We make the variation on the Faygo bottle in the colors of two of them and use the third for the Faygoman on the back or front wherever we decide to put it. 

Next year lets say they decide on blue green and purple.  We then use the same design (or a refreshed take) and do it in those three colors to make it linked but unique.

May 6, 2015
3:04 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

personally, i dont think it has to have any imagery at all.  

just some interesting, readable lettering sayin 'flh forum meetup massacre 2015'.  what more do you need?  

[edit]  

course, im talkin bout some lettering that was actually rendered by someones hand.  not just typin it out in a cheap font.  

May 6, 2015
3:30 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
200sp_Permalink sp_Print

scruffy said
personally, i dont think it has to have any imagery at all.  

just some interesting, readable lettering sayin 'flh forum meetup massacre 2015'.  what more do you need?  

[edit]  

course, im talkin bout some lettering that was actually rendered by someones hand.  not just typin it out in a cheap font.  

I like the Faygoman though its fresh.  We could do it your way and use the coloring for my way...hows that for a compromise?

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
99 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

sunny992, levishang, loppoxz, morbidmikey, Promotionalows

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845