April 19, 2024
63 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
next year's gathering 2016
August 3, 2015
7:28 pm
Ypsi Foolish
Ypsi Foolish
Members
Forum Posts: 725
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Obviously too early to draw any concrete conclusions but what you guys think, you think it may be back at legend valley next year? I know they talked about moving it after a few years but i could see the gathering returning there again, it was their most attended in 5 years

August 3, 2015
7:34 pm
jrw
pa
Members
Forum Posts: 137

What I heard was psychopathic has a 3 year contract with legend valley so I shore it's going to be there next year

August 3, 2015
9:47 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

Its pretty clear the owners dig having us thats number 1.  Some lettes we met from Illinois who used to be workers at Hog Rock told me that they know the carnival ride company they're using now and they are happy too.  I talked shop with the guy in the strawberry stand and he told me the vendors at Legend Valley pay a percentage at the end of the event instead of over paying for a spot and then reconciling with PSY after (or not) so its pretty assured from multiple sources Legend Valley is available if needed.

The counter point is Jumpsteady saying he wants to move it every two years...so if theres another good option he might take it.

Thats all I got.

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

August 3, 2015
10:13 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members
Forum Posts: 3520

I would like to see it there again, 2014 was one of the best vacations of my life. If I make it next year I may just grab a baller's pass even though I don't have an RV. I'm an angry bitch when it comes to waiting in lines like yall reported about. I have a 10hr drive to get there and I'm the type of person that would say fuck everything and drive home if I'm waiting in a line for more than a few hours. For real. IDK how they were actually organized the first year and not at all the second... Doesn't make sense to me...

August 3, 2015
10:22 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Carnivalkilla44 said 
IDK how they were actually organized the first year and not at all the second... Doesn't make sense to me...   

on the organizational plus side, most of the acts were right on time. 

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

August 4, 2015
6:49 pm
Ypsi Foolish
Ypsi Foolish
Members
Forum Posts: 725

I could do without the hills, thats the only down side; however, if thats all thats wrong with the place then im not complaining lol

August 4, 2015
9:35 pm
JonnMilenko
JonnMilenko
Members
Forum Posts: 188

I could use a place to swim, either a river or lake....that pond at LV is little more than a tub for filtering frog farts.

id wouldnt mind a little bit more room, im not a big fan of the rides right in amunst us no matter how much faith i have in a carnie putting it together, the noise is a bit of a distraction.....plus alot of ninjas arent housebroken and like to piss outside their tents, after about 3 days packed in like sardines it starts smelling like shit.

and personaly i loved the 13 hour Mecca to the Gathering, when you got there it was like the holy land....now its 3 hours up the road, i blink and im there....i would love a travel again.

yea i miss Hogrock

oh and No Cops....No undercover Cops, no we're cool Cops...No Cops...

August 4, 2015
11:58 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

I hope its in the same spot where it has been the past 2 years. Its only 7hrs away from me so I wouldn't mind. Anything further out west I wouldn't really consider it unless I carpooled with people.

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

August 5, 2015
12:24 am
Bostin
Bostin
Members
Forum Posts: 434

I spoke to one of the staff in 2014 and they told me they had two year contract so I knew it would be there. I spoke to a few staff this year, they all seemed confident it would be back.. Shaggy says he hates the weather there, "dusty and muddy at the same time wtf". I like the place other than the undercover's getting in and the over priced drugs from cleveland.. We shall see. Jumpsteady wants to move around.. I kinda think unless a badass place pops up it will be back at legend valley.

youtube.com/c/bostinmckickass

August 5, 2015
7:13 am
MitchellKing
MitchellKing
Members
Forum Posts: 316

I think I'm in the minority but I actually liked Legend Valley A LOT more than Hog Rock. It doesn't take fuckin 15 minutes to walk from one end to the other. That alone makes it worth it.

August 5, 2015
9:38 am
Bostin
Bostin
Members

MitchellKing said
I think I'm in the minority but I actually liked Legend Valley A LOT more than Hog Rock. It doesn't take fuckin 15 minutes to walk from one end to the other. That alone makes it worth it.

Actually I agree I love how short the walk between stages is. You don't gotta worry about missing a set because the walk to the stage. Most people just miss that you could literally do whatever the fuck you wanted with no worry at hogrock I think.

August 5, 2015
11:13 am
Carnivalkilla44
Members

MitchellKing said

I agree 100%. I had cell phone service, I could walk across the street when beer ran out, much better vendors. The list goes on.

August 5, 2015
2:45 pm
GanjaGoblin
215, PA
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 2886

It was nice being 5-10mi outside of town. You can probably shop and get what your necessities locally instead of trying to bring everything with you. At first it was weird being right outside of town but I didn't care any. The location is nice.

IMG_20230801_214952_500_x_150_pixel.jpg

August 5, 2015
10:48 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492

There is something to be said for that long drive into the middle of nowhere to get to Hogrock. Then when you're inside, there's enough room for everyone to have a spacious camp and not be right on top of your neighbors. I just loved it at Hogrock, and Legend Valley does not compare, IMO. 

My hotel this year worked out amazingly, btw. As God is my witness, I will never camp in Legend Valley again hahaha

-Jules

August 5, 2015
11:06 pm
Carnivalkilla44
Members

Is there hotels in easy walking distance?

August 7, 2015
1:43 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

I heard from some people that they had a 5 year contract at legend valley, and others that they had 3, and others still 2.

i don't know what to believe.

Am I the only one who heard J say that they were going to new orleans next year? Like, did I completely misunderstand that? I had taken drugs that ultimately I thought were bunk but maybe I hallucinated the whole thing? it seemed real though? Is that even how shrooms work?

August 7, 2015
1:52 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

oh, yeah, i did completely mishear him. 

He said 'We'll see you in the woods". At least, that's what it sounds like on the youtube clip i found.

August 7, 2015
6:36 am
MitchellKing
MitchellKing
Members
Forum Posts: 316

RobTidwell said
oh, yeah, i did completely mishear him. 

He said 'We'll see you in the woods". At least, that's what it sounds like on the youtube clip i found.

That's fucked up cause I totally heard "New Orleans" too, 100%. Nobody else seems to have or else more people would be asking about it so I guess we're wrong. Our ears are built the same because I know what I (mis)heard.

August 7, 2015
10:19 am
Bostin
Bostin
Members

He said "We'll see you in the woods" at the end of lotus, as in for Rydas.

August 13, 2015
8:50 pm
Jeffalo
Jeffalo
Members
Forum Posts: 81

RobTidwell said
I heard from some people that they had a 5 year contract at legend valley, and others that they had 3, and others still 2.

i don't know what to believe.

Am I the only one who heard J say that they were going to new orleans next year? Like, did I completely misunderstand that? I had taken drugs that ultimately I thought were bunk but maybe I hallucinated the whole thing? it seemed real though? Is that even how shrooms work?

If you were tripping on mushrooms you would know it.. good lord the acid I had was ridiculous good. best I ever had..

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
82 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845