April 24, 2024
98 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
2015 Gathering of the Juggalos Location, Information, NEWS and Discussion
February 3, 2015
12:36 am
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Was the Twiztid thing a legitimate question? I read it as sarcasm. 

I can't see Twiztid not being at the Gathering. Even if something happens and they don't want to be there, it would be career suicide for them to not show up.

February 3, 2015
9:52 pm
chieflocc
chieflocc
Omaha Nebraska
Members
Forum Posts: 546
282sp_Permalink sp_Print

@piggofdoom best be comin or im jerkin off in all a few of his socks n just putting them back in the clean laundry pile. 

February 3, 2015
11:04 pm
randomhero1
Members
Forum Posts: 30
283sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cheshyr said

Never found a Youtube video of the auction but the Mystery Box sold for $4,000...

I actually have two clips of that auction.
One is actually of the mystery box, but when i ended the clip the last price called out was about $750.

So i didn't actually record what you wanted really.

February 4, 2015
12:54 am
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492
284sp_Permalink sp_Print

piggofdoom said
Change of plans, chief and I are going!

Yessssssssssss

And yeah, I'm totally not stressing about buying my pass just yet. It'll be, like, the beginning of June before I buy it, and Imma get it locally and avoid the shipping if at all possible.

-Jules

February 4, 2015
1:48 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346
285sp_Permalink sp_Print

Completely spaced on being able to buy tickets and passes in actual stores. Fuckin aye, I want to do that. That should be coming soon right? 

February 20, 2015
6:43 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
286sp_Permalink sp_Print

@robtidwell , Not sure if you are the guy who runs the sites listed in your signature but I was going through them and saw something about you (I think) going to the Gathering to do something art related and sending the info into Psy about it. Any word on that? If no, you can always set up shop at Bizarro world there. The artist come out especially after midnight and do their thing there. What kind of thing were you planning on doing?

If you have no clue what I am talking about then you probably aren't the one who wrote the post I read on one of the blogs linked from your signature. I was just shooting in the dark.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
February 20, 2015
7:01 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825
287sp_Permalink sp_Print

Psyral Infection said
@robtidwell , Not sure if you are the guy who runs the sites listed in your signature but I was going through them and saw something about you (I think) going to the Gathering to do something art related and sending the info into Psy about it. Any word on that? If no, you can always set up shop at Bizarro world there. The artist come out especially after midnight and do their thing there. What kind of thing were you planning on doing?

If you have no clue what I am talking about then you probably aren't the one who wrote the post I read on one of the blogs linked from your signature. I was just shooting in the dark.

Yeah, that's me. I run the tumblr in my link and I help mod the lgbt facebook page. I am going to the gathering for the first time and I was trying to get psychopathic to let me curate an art show but they never responded. I was kind of dissapointed that some chick who says she's not a juggalo was getting billed as "the first juggalo art show" and I wanted to help lift up juggalos who do fine art type stuff. There's a lot of really cool shit that I've seen and I really wanted to help lift up their names. I think a big part of being a juggalo is lifting up the fam. A bit after I emailed them about it, they updated the contests and announced they're bringing back the art contest. I didn't know they had one before so I'm really excited. 

I wanted to do a curated show so that people can put that shit on their resumes, and build themselves up a bit. Since that isn't happening I'm probably going to enter the art contest (though I doubt I'll win since my art isn't aesthetically driven) and while I'm there I plan on taking my glue gun and building an assemblage of found objects (I'm guessing a lot of trash, some faygo bottles, and whatever else i stumble onto). It's going to be really fun. I typically work with video and mixed media so if there is a place to plug in, I might bring some other shit. I haven't figured it all out yet.

Since I never been, I didn't know there was a guerrilla style art show tradition. That makes me really happy. I'll make sure to swing by there and see what people got going on. Thanks for letting me know!

February 20, 2015
7:20 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators

@robtidwell ,

https://www.faygoluvers.net/v5/.....-juggalos/

or just search youtube for "GOTJ Bizarro World".

February 20, 2015
7:24 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
289sp_Permalink sp_Print

And from the GOTJ Website last year about Bizarro World:

This is a strange, spiritually wonderful place that takes a page out of your wildest imaginings. Here the freaks come out at night in abundance, as they perform creative talents that border on the weird, metaphysical and spectacular. This is a place of drum circles, illusionists, tribal dancers, fire breathers, jugglers, slit walkers, fire performers and so much more. There are talents here that are tried and true and others that simply have to be seen to be believed. Come join them if you have something to share, as there is a place for everyone in Bizarro World; whether to perform or simply to enjoy the oddity of it all.

February 20, 2015
7:32 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members
290sp_Permalink sp_Print

thanks! This looks like a blast. I'm gonna be looking around this shit for a while. 

February 21, 2015
12:23 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
291sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ok. One last thing about Bizarro World. This was a good article that @wow-a-chick did. https://www.faygoluvers.net/v5/.....ting-call/

February 21, 2015
2:24 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492
292sp_Permalink sp_Print

RobTidwell said

I plan on taking my glue gun and building an assemblage of found objects (I'm guessing a lot of trash, some faygo bottles, and whatever else i stumble onto).   

This sounds awesome! Please post a pic when you're done! I'd love to see!

-Jules

February 27, 2015
2:24 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members
293sp_Permalink sp_Print

VeryTwiztidRaven said

RobTidwell said

I plan on taking my glue gun and building an assemblage of found objects (I'm guessing a lot of trash, some faygo bottles, and whatever else i stumble onto).   

This sounds awesome! Please post a pic when you're done! I'd love to see!

-Jules

Thanks! I definitely will post up pictures and probably videos of me making it. 

March 3, 2015
9:48 pm
wonka69
wonka69
Members
Forum Posts: 1647

I'm going this year! FOR SURE! always this year, for sure! in a couple more weeks? It will be next year for sure! F/N Ho's!

K R U S H - K I L L - D E S T R O Y !

March 3, 2015
9:58 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
295sp_Permalink sp_Print

wonka69 said
I'm going this year! FOR SURE! always this year, for sure! in a couple more weeks? It will be next year for sure! F/N Ho's!

Buy your tickets now so you lock yourself into going. I always buy mine the minute they go on sale. Forces me to plan and make sure I go so I don't waste the ticket costs.

March 3, 2015
10:13 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
296sp_Permalink sp_Print

we need to figure how to get the violentdope project goin.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

March 4, 2015
7:11 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
297sp_Permalink sp_Print

scruffy said
we need to figure how to get the violentdope project goin.  

Is he wanting to go this year?

So... Are we trying to get VD at the Gathering?

March 4, 2015
7:23 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
298sp_Permalink sp_Print

to.  

'bring vd to the gathering.'  

March 9, 2015
5:19 am
Members
Forum Posts: 1579
299sp_Permalink sp_Print

It's official this year: I will finally make it to my first gathering. I got my bus tickets bought, next I'm buying my gathering ticket. Bout damn time.smile_gif

"I Just Wanna Hide Inside My Own Private Hell"- Boondox

March 9, 2015
5:46 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
300sp_Permalink sp_Print

86 said  
It's official this year: I will finally make it to my first gathering. I got my bus tickets bought, next I'm buying my gathering ticket. Bout damn time.smile_gif    

good stuff.  

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
79 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes, THC Edibles

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845