April 25, 2024
110 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
2015 Gathering of the Juggalos Location, Information, NEWS and Discussion
January 26, 2015
12:06 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8175
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
221sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gathering is one village for me. Fuck caution tape.kiss

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

January 26, 2015
12:45 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
Forum Posts: 696
222sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hehe, well said!

January 26, 2015
12:59 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
223sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm not up for the FLH village. I like that I camp next to new ninjas every year. I'll visit yall and probably lose some more lighters to the cause but I'm gonna keep my tradition of not staying with the same ninjas every year.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
January 26, 2015
1:36 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
224sp_Permalink sp_Print

I expected such - I already knew you enjoy a more nomadic style, and it suits you both well. Just didn't want y'all to feel excluded, considering how much I enjoyed your company last year, and how much your kindness meant to Boxy's experience.

January 26, 2015
7:03 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

For the record, the "not allowing people to tape off" thing is from a post-Gathering article I read from either Jumpsteady or Shaggy (I think from either a Psychopathic Newsletter or an FLH interview) discussing the problems that had occurred with the RV situation last year back when they were just *entertaining the notion of allowing Ballas Pass holders in a day early.

Something, something "assume" something something my ass... but if they went ahead with the whole Ballas early entry, I'm guessing they are also gonna follow through with the tape off thing as it seemed to have been (and was commented upon as) the root of a lot of problems regarding the RVs as well as the distribution of campsites around the area (leading to them having to open up more and more area to accommodate).

Personally, I would support it. Although I *REALLY* want to get the same space I had before, if I get down there and find it's taken... fuck it. I'll mosey my way around until I find a place close enough to it... although this time I'm investing in a car pass cuz I sure as fuck ain't dragging all my shit up that mountain several times over!

I mean, if people should have the need to cordon off they're area AFTER others have filled in around them just to remind people of boundaries (ie don't puke, piss, shit, pass out over *here)  OR just having someone stand in the area JUST long enough for them to get through the gates because the crush got everyone out of order, I totally understand. But the practice of saving seats for people that may or may not arrive for half a day later while everyone else that planned ahead and got there on time and together has to worry about imaginary lines...

As far as a FLH village goes, it'd be WAY easier for meet-ups but I wouldn't wanna camp there as I liked my spot in Oddities very much.

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

January 26, 2015
7:17 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
226sp_Permalink sp_Print

no reason the village couldnt be sited over there.  

id expect that it would come down to a bird in the hand kinda thing.  take the first location that presents itself, instead of vying for the perfect spot.  

everyone knows about the perfect spots now.  

like our spot from last year.  under the giant tree.  with the concrete table and double smoke pit.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

January 26, 2015
10:31 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492
227sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a hotel room this year since I am unwilling to gather hard again haha. The mere thought of that crush of humanity trying to get their vehicles inside and find a spot that won't be completely disastrous to camp in makes me genuinely want to have a panic attack. The shower situation was abysmal, and I don't care if I'm at the GOTJ or not, I'm not letting my personal hygiene suffer. Plus my truck got damaged last year because of people being dumbasses, and I'm just not willing to take it inside again when people are camped literally inches from it (and FUCK carrying all of my stuff in from the parking lot...that would take all day). I'm going to take in a chair and a small tent with a cooler, a bag with a change of clothes and necessities, and some snacks so I can have a home base inside. But when it's time to crash, I'm hitting the hotel room to shit, shower and sleep.

But yeah, I'm totally down with hanging out, helping set up, helping do whatever at the FLH camp. I had a BLAST getting to know you guys last year, so I'm all in for whatever.

-Jules

January 27, 2015
12:04 am
One_3rd
One_3rd
Members
Forum Posts: 169
228sp_Permalink sp_Print

I plan on staying in Alakazam again this year. But this time I'm not going to get a car pass. I will just park my car against the gate and put my tent on the other side of it. There was also a generator for lights there that I can use for my own electricity. Make it a little makeshift ballas site of my own. Nobody really seemed to pay that area much attention so it shouldn't be hard to pull off.

January 27, 2015
7:52 am
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
229sp_Permalink sp_Print

One_3rd said
I plan on staying in Alakazam again this year. But this time I'm not going to get a car pass. I will just park my car against the gate and put my tent on the other side of it. There was also a generator for lights there that I can use for my own electricity. Make it a little makeshift ballas site of my own. Nobody really seemed to pay that area much attention so it shouldn't be hard to pull off.

This guy.

That's gotta be the best idea I've seen yet. If that shit pans out as you plan it, that'd be worth looking into copying next year heh.

VeryTwiztidRaven said
I have a hotel room this year since I am unwilling to gather hard again haha.

I kind of saw that coming, which is part of why I'm planning a couple extra cots in case you just can't make it off-site to crash for whatever reason.

But hell, it's starting to sound like there won't be much point to getting as elaborate as I was originally planning... I'm gonna have to give it considerably more thought.

January 27, 2015
9:15 am
krunk
dirtball
Members
230sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have you considered a moat?

January 27, 2015
10:00 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
231sp_Permalink sp_Print

entrappedmind said

VeryTwiztidRaven said
I have a hotel room this year since I am unwilling to gather hard again haha.

I kind of saw that coming, which is part of why I'm planning a couple extra cots in case you just can't make it off-site to crash for whatever reason.

Thanks, friend. I'm also planning to bring a blanket and pillow just in case I am not able to drive and need to nap in my truck. Having to drive to a hotel nightly is kind of a bummer, but the plus side is being able to do hair and makeup in an air conditioning room every day.

-Jules

January 28, 2015
12:05 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
232sp_Permalink sp_Print

I guess I just managed to luck out.

Somehow I succeeded in not having to take a crap until the last day and didn't feel the need to take a shower until then too. It wasn't so hot out as to get swamp ass and any dirtiness was easily taken care of with clean wipes. My site in the small Oddities section was quite nice (even being near a staging area).

While a hotel room has its conveniences, I just feel like not sleeping there... takes something out of the experience. It turns the Gathering into a tourist attraction rather than a "lock-in". No offense to anyone.

I personally enjoy the sense of "once yer in, yer in". Everyone knows what they are getting into and having that attitude that "we're all HERE" is very much what makes the Gathering different than other festivals. If people just come and go whenever... I think, takes away some of the magik.

Get better showers. Have better bathroom setups and cleanings. Get ninjas/ettes on the same page (shitter shaming?)

I like the thought that even though we're all spread across the grounds, that we're all in the same place. We are all Gathered *together. The joy of getting to the Gathering is about BEING there.

Don't get me wrong; I get it. Especially for women. They got way more needs than guys do and while I may not have had to "do the deed", I certainly had to confront those port-o-johns and can see the detraction from wanting to deal with it at all.

It's just not knowing that your homies are just around the way or that we're all there at the same time SOMEwhere... creates a separation.

Meh. More power to ya.

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

January 28, 2015
2:22 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
233sp_Permalink sp_Print

i only sleep during maybe 10-15% of the gathering.  room for one night might make that a much better recharge...  

on the whole, though, id rather not leave the grounds at all.  theres almost always something interesting goin on.  

even when the gatherings were indoors, i only had a hotel room to sleep in one night.  rest of the time, id just find a parking lot, nap until rousted, find another parking lot...  

sleepin in a car on the grounds is easier.  dont have to keep hazily driving around some unfamiliar city, shaking a cop every three hours.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

January 28, 2015
3:06 am
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492
234sp_Permalink sp_Print

God damn I wish I could go... I had an amazing time last year, and I would love to do it again. I don't even care if I have to stay ins a 9 year old sized Pup tent (I actually had tons of room in there @entrappedmind .)

I feel like Scottie would be the only one with enough clout to lobby Psy that way, and that's assuming he would want to do it. Scotty is busy as hell during the gathering and that seems like one more thing he would have to "deal with." 

I really want to go this year, but I don't think I can ask my whole family to postpone a trip so I can go to a music festival. @chieflocc might have to take my place. He's cooler and funnier than me anyway.

January 28, 2015
8:17 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
235sp_Permalink sp_Print

piggofdoom said 
I really want to go this year, but I don't think I can ask my whole family to postpone a trip so I can go to a music festival. @chieflocc might have to take my place. He's cooler and funnier than me anyway.

@piggofdoom , Not a music festival... A family reunion!

January 28, 2015
8:58 am
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
236sp_Permalink sp_Print

@cheshyr and @scruffy I totally get it...yes, being there 100% of the time is awesome, and I always enjoyed that for the most part at Hogrock, but I did NOT enjoy it at Legend Valley. I kept feeling like my stuff was getting fucked with...one guy tried to force his way into my tent, and I had to end up screaming at him and calling people over to help me get him away from me because he just wouldn't stop demanding that I let him in. Stuff went missing from people all over, and even if it was small stuff like snacks or glow sticks, I'm not cool with people stealing from me. And the $900 worth of damage to my truck was the last straw (I ended up with "Fuck her in the" scratched onto the front left side...so now my truck just has to look like shit because I don't have $900 to fix that plus the other stuff). A good majority of it is just my anxiety, which is so unfortunate because I never felt that way at Hogrock. I could have my own little area, and nothing would get fucked with, and I could relax and feel at home. But every time I left my camp at Legend Valley, I felt uncomfortable that someone was gonna either steal something for me, or fuck up my truck even worse. Not a fun feeling...so I just chose to avoid the whole camping aspect this year. I'm not a camper, and don't enjoy it even a single bit. With a hotel, my truck can stay relatively safe, and I don't have to deal with the stuff that I just feel is pure inconvenience about camping in close quarters with strangers.

-Jules

January 28, 2015
11:11 am
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346
237sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shit, that kind of goes with some of my worries about camping there. I feel ya on the anxiety thing though. That shit can really just destroy every plan you have. There's a high chance that any hotel you're at within a fifteen mile radius is going to be an offgrounds Gathering anyway right? I mean it's not like you're just going to forget about the Gathering all together while you're gone. Why the fuck did they attack your truck? Just random drunks being random and drunk?

January 28, 2015
11:35 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators

That is odd. We have never had those issues at any Gathering but the first thing we do is make friends with all our neighbors. They then watch out for us and we watch out for them. I guess it's all about how you gather.

January 28, 2015
12:51 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
239sp_Permalink sp_Print

The camping varies from RV glamping to stacked hammocks high up in the trees. Most is primitive camping, so heads up.

January 28, 2015
1:01 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148
240sp_Permalink sp_Print

Psyral Infection said
I'm not up for the FLH village. I like that I camp next to new ninjas every year. I'll visit yall and probably lose some more lighters to the cause but I'm gonna keep my tradition of not staying with the same ninjas every year.

But when I go this year and Im in the village...won't camping next to me and Glo be like camping next to new ninjas?

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
109 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845