April 19, 2024
67 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
2015 Gathering of the Juggalos Location, Information, NEWS and Discussion
January 24, 2015
10:11 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
201sp_Permalink sp_Print

I would be remiss if I didn't say that I was looking forward to hanging out again, and you would all be annoyed with my remissness.

-Jules

January 24, 2015
11:06 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
Forum Posts: 696
202sp_Permalink sp_Print

No, that wasn't contrived or anything... ;)

January 24, 2015
11:19 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447
203sp_Permalink sp_Print

lets not get carried away with the remisnessism.  there is is only room for so many remissnessismists around here.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

January 25, 2015
4:34 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346
204sp_Permalink sp_Print

Man, fuck ya'll lol. 

For real though, I don't know how I've lived my whole life without that issue coming up before. 

Image Enlarger

January 25, 2015
4:39 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
205sp_Permalink sp_Print

i guess you were remi-  

uh, negligent.  

January 25, 2015
4:57 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346
206sp_Permalink sp_Print

You were going to say "reminiscence" huh? Haha, not even the write word, bro. You're looking for "remissness". Everyone knows that. 

January 25, 2015
9:00 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
207sp_Permalink sp_Print

Pro-Tip: Safety Pin Your Car Keys To The Inside Of Your Pocket!!!

Don't end up like me and ruin a finely crafted and well spent upon buzz after getting off the Scrambler, getting back to your tent and finding you are locked out, thinking they had flown out during the ride, spend the next hour frantically searching the darkness of Shangri-La for them only to have to break into your own shit to find you had left them in said tent.... Never. Again. Imagine being hours (or days) from home or a spare set of keys and have to "make the call"... or having that happen on the third night and try to enjoy the rest of the Gathering with that shit on your mind... Don't do it. Pin that shit!

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

January 25, 2015
9:04 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
208sp_Permalink sp_Print

good idea.  

my pockets button up, so its never been a problem, but still, good idea.  

January 25, 2015
10:04 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members

I don't recall if it was mentioned... Before ICP goes on, make friends with somebody who has a ziplock bag for your phone/keys/etc. Thanks again, @verytwiztidraven lol.

Modification to Cheshyr's tip: Keep a spare car key in your wallet, and lock your other keys in the car. Lose the wallet, worst case, you have to jimmy the door. Still better than losing them outright.

January 25, 2015
10:11 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
210sp_Permalink sp_Print

entrappedmind said
I don't recall if it was mentioned... Before ICP goes on, make friends with somebody who has a ziplock bag for your phone/keys/etc. Thanks again, @verytwiztidraven lol....

Or bring your own.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
January 25, 2015
10:51 pm
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Okay.... So let's talk about this Ballas shit...

This year they will be letting people in with Ballas passes on the 21st at 6pm (near/after dark)... they have also let it be known that they will NOT be letting people caution/tape off any other areas for their buddies (which I approve of greatly)...

1) What does that mean for those that wanna arrive to make up the parking lot parties? Does that mean that "early arrival" (for those folks that wanna congregate) will be any time on the 21st OR does that kick it back to late night on the 20th?

2) What about tent poachers? Do you think; or rather how will they, prevent tenters from piggy-backing in with their Balla buddies in RVs and poaching the campgrounds?

3) What are the Balla folks gonna have access to after they set up a day ahead of time (if you consider that the rest of us won't be able to get in until NOON the next day)? Will anyone not arriving in an RV miss out on the grounds (merch tents, rides, et al) or will it be darked out until then (speculation)? Like, will they have to drag their richie asses back up the hill if they wanna carry on with the rest of us or will there be a reason for them to be content where they are until the rest of us get in?

I realize it's WAAAYY early to be worrying about this shit but seeing as they are gonna be putting up the site on FEB 2nd(?!?), I'm gettin' my OCD planning on (cuz it worked pretty well for me the last time) and if there would be a benefit to making friends with an RV ridin' ninja just so I can get my tent space again this year... I'mma gonna!

Thoughts...?

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

January 25, 2015
11:56 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
212sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was wondering some of the same stuff. Hadn't heard they wouldn't be allowing people to tape shit off, on one hand that's a good thing, on the other, it'll make Faygoluvers Village harder to arrange.

1: No clue whatsoever.

2: I was considering trying to arrange just that, to get the spot I want claimed.

3: I'm willing to bet there won't be much going on until the actual opening day. The way I imagined it, Ballas folks would get parked, mark off their site, lock shit up and rejoin the parking lot party.

Opening the gate a day early has me seriously considering renting an RV and going Balla myself this year. But I'm not sure. If I don't get roughly the same spot I did last year, I'm afraid I'm gonna be bummed throughout the event, and if I go Balla, I obviously wouldn't get that spot. Kind of strange how important my spot ended up to me, considering the fucked up roundabout way I arrived at it.

I'm SO up in the air about it. I don't know how best to ensure all the planning I intend to put into Faygoluvers Village isn't for naught.

I think my best plan is to hook up with scruffy in the parking lot, have him run ahead as soon as the gates are open, and claim the spot - forcibly evicting others if necessary. I'm assuming he'd be up for it, 'cause, well, it's scruffy. lol.

January 26, 2015
12:32 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
213sp_Permalink sp_Print

i could do that.  im generally against it on principle, much like cheshyr, but when we benefit, well, thats different, isnt it?  

i think its gonna be chaos, no matter what they try to do.  hopefully, less chaos than usual, instead of more.  but not so different, i think.  

just what are you thinkin of incorporating into this village, entrapped?  superbarbecue?  night club?  polo field?  

January 26, 2015
4:57 am
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
214sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just what amount of effort I put into figuring out what I want to involve is going to directly depend on how much chance I have of actually pulling it off lol.

Preliminary list:

- Seating and binocs to watch the stage without leaving the site

- Our own shower(s) (bring-yer-own-swimsuit - unless I tarp it off)

- Large, sturdy shelter to avoid elements/sun

- Yes, BBQ

- Spot specifically for frog's wheel, dependent obviously on if he wants it

- A few cots for a mid-day nap or to avoid people having to sleep in their car or a 9-year-old-sized pup tent

- The obvious - A gigantic Faygoluvers sign, unsure if I wanna have a vinyl one made or make one out of plywood - Gotta get the OK from Scottie first.

That's just off the top of my head, from thinking "Okay, the numerous times we had a bunch of folks at the site last year, what would I have changed?"

January 26, 2015
6:49 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

You don't need an RV to do the Ballas. If you don't mind paying $400 to go in a day early, you can use the Ballas pass as an expensive car pass.

The electrical hookup can allow you to bring a little fridge or even an A/C unit or if you like Christmas lights you can string them up around a canopy.

entrappedmind said
...Our own shower(s) (bring-yer-own-swimsuit - unless I tarp it off)...

No tarp. No swimsuit. At least for the girl's shower.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
January 26, 2015
8:54 am
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
216sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, that's a little excessive. If I'm gonna drop the $400, it'll be because I rented/stole an RV. Side note... How perfect would that be? Jack an RV the day before, like from a dealership or whatever, use it for the Gathering, wipe it down hella good, and leave the bastard there. lol.

If I want electric that badly, I'll bring my generator. Hm... Maybe I should bring my generator!

Besides, I wouldn't want to run the risk of paying $400 extra to get in early, then not being able to set up where I want because it's not a Ballas site. Y'know?

January 26, 2015
10:03 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
217sp_Permalink sp_Print

entrappedmind said  
Yeah, that's a little excessive. If I'm gonna drop the $400, it'll be because I rented/stole an RV. Side note... How perfect would that be? Jack an RV the day before, like from a dealership or whatever, use it for the Gathering, wipe it down hella good, and leave the bastard there. lol.    

supposedly, thats already happened.  they just abandoned em somewhere else.  

If I want electric that badly, I'll bring my generator. Hm... Maybe I should bring my generator!  
Besides, I wouldn't want to run the risk of paying $400 extra to get in early, then not being able to set up where I want because it's not a Ballas site. Y'know?   

figuring out who has normal campsite rights when taking in conjunction with day-early balla rights is just one tiny part of the chaos and confusion im envisioning.  

ya know, if we lobbied psychopathic hard enough, showed that we werent lookin to screw anybody, paid all the pass fees and such in advance, and generally demonstrated enough thought and preparation that they wouldnt have to think much about it...  they might just allow for an official village.  

im talkin mad lobbyin and preparation.  huge longshot, this.  

January 26, 2015
11:02 am
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
218sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had some thoughts along the same wavelength, lobbying for a designated spot, that is. Perhaps approach it as if we were vendors? Er, especially considering our spot is more among the vendors than in any of the designated campgrounds? lol.

I mean, if Scottie were to supply some Faygoluvers gear (assuming he'd trust us enough to not skim from the proceeds); if we gave wow a chick a permanent spot to sell her wares and do tarot (if she wants it); if we presented Frog's wheel as a legitimate "Game", rather than a sideshow; if we offer grilled food during designated hours (during which I'd already be grilling because we'd be eating anyway)...

Well, god dammit, we've got as much to offer as any other outside vendor, don't we? Based on the gigantic assumption that we get everybody on board, that is... PLUS, this would allow all the involved parties to get in early for set-up, to boot.

We'd have to kick this into high gear, getting opinions from everybody mentioned, because I'm sure it won't be too long before they don't take any more vendors - if it isn't too late already. I dunno, man, whaddya think? @scruffy @piggofdoom @verytwiztidraven I believe you guys were all involved in the initial idea as it came up in campsite discussion... I'd really value all y'all's thoughts.

January 26, 2015
11:07 am
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8174
219sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gather harder.

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

January 26, 2015
11:15 am
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
220sp_Permalink sp_Print

@krunkazphuk @psyral-infection What about you two? Opinions? Want in on it, if we're able to pull it off?

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
97 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845