April 20, 2024
65 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Mystery performances???
May 25, 2016
8:57 pm
deathmetaljuggalo
Members
Forum Posts: 467
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Mr. Tidwell said

Because jump steady really wanted to book them.

deathmetaljuggalo said
now about that.. I'm a huge metalhead and besides GWAR there isn't a single good metal band on this fest but like I said before I'm not into metalcore vomit
also 6 minutes into this interview J talks about NWA being at GOTJ 17

Yeah but things change.  

Oh I know. I just figured I'd post it since it was being talked about.

As for my opinion on metalcore, that's not changing haha 

May 25, 2016
9:02 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

What makes a band metalcore as opposed to metal? It all sounds the same to me.

May 25, 2016
9:07 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9040

Mr. Tidwell said
If it were up to me, prophets of rage would be one but that seems improbable  

That would be insane. I still miss that Zack isn't part of it, but man oh man Prophets would be beyond epic.

May 26, 2016
7:49 am
djscrubb
djscrubb
Curbstomp Productions
Members
Forum Posts: 1390

Mr. Tidwell said
What makes a band metalcore as opposed to metal? It all sounds the same to me.  

I was thinking the same thing too.  My guess is bands like Pantera, Slayer and other shit like that is Metal.  And those other whiney half emo bands are Metalcore?  haha I dont fuckin know but I can see the difference, I guess.  But that's only my guess.

May 26, 2016
9:17 am
deathmetaljuggalo
Members

like any genre of music there are also subgenres.. metal is a blanket statement and it's the subgenres that really mean anything as to what the music sounds like.. also, taste is subjective and I refuse to call bands like Emmure or Atilla metal

With the exception of GWAR (they play thrash metal) the bands that are playing the Gathering are metalcore (style of music that came about after numetal started fading away back in the early 2000's), they have a lot of breakdowns (slow, chuggy parts that you see all those dumb kids doing super kung fu kicks and shit to- goofy fuckers and yeah, usually pretty emo/pretty looking).. this stuff generally attracts a younger crowd and then some MMA Affliction bro types.

not into that stuff, I like the more underground extreme side of metal such as black metal, death metal, thrash metal, doom metal.. again, more names for shit but there are so many different styles and then individual bands takes on those styles that I could ramble on forever, but I made a post with some bands that I listen to on the regular over in the metalheads thread if you want to check out some of the kinda shit I listen to (most recent post In thread):

https://www.faygoluvers.net/v5/.....ds/page-9/

I guess I'm just a picky elitist asshole but I'd rather listen to something with some atmosphere and quality musicianship over "dun dun dun dun da dun chugga chugga da werrruer" by skinny white kids in girl's pants

case in point, Immortal is a classic black metal band and this song rules:

however, this is Atilla and they are playing this year.. WHY, GOD, WHY?!?!??!

Whoop Whoop deathmetaljuggalo :

djscrubb, JC, DrFreshness, Mr. Tidwell, Rosco, CellE2057
May 26, 2016
9:33 am
djscrubb
djscrubb
Curbstomp Productions
Members
Forum Posts: 1390

Great explanation dude!  and I can get down with the songs you posted for sure.  People look at me crazy when I say I get down with some metal!!!  My first EVER cassette tape was Vulgar display of power that shit still blows wigs back!  

MMA Afflication bros and skinny white kids in girl's pants had me fuckin rollin!!!! hahahahaaa  lollol

And I'm just assuming here....but, Attila does NOT look like there "About that life"  haha

May 26, 2016
9:38 am
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8174

Hope Napalm Death opens for Dark Lotus.

YouTube Video Napalm Death - Apex Predator - Easy Meat 

RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

May 26, 2016
9:59 am
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

I think mystery performance = code word for "we're talking but not sure if they'll actually show"

They said this once before and there never was one

BUT since they say there is one every night this year, then I think the rydas, hav knots etc. are my guesses

Whoop Whoop JC :

CellE2057
May 26, 2016
10:00 am
deathmetaljuggalo
Members

krunkazphuk said
Hope Napalm Death opens for Dark Lotus.

YouTube Video Napalm Death - Apex Predator - Easy Meat   

I heard a rumor that they are going to play Scum in it's entirety and that rapper by the same name got butthurt cuz he thought he was actually invited this year.

May 26, 2016
10:01 am
krunk
dirtball
Members

In a perfect world. smile

May 26, 2016
10:09 am
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

JC said
I think mystery performance = code word for "we're talking but not sure if they'll actually show"

They said this once before and there never was one

BUT since they say there is one every night this year, then I think the rydas, hav knots etc. are my guesses  

Maybe they are in talks with people to get them to come but they have a fallback plan with rydas, hav knots, etc. if they can't book the time slot.

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

JC
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
May 26, 2016
10:13 am
JC
JC
Members

deathmetaljuggalo said
like any genre of music there are also subgenres.. metal is a blanket statement and it's the subgenres that really mean anything as to what the music sounds like.. also, taste is subjective and I refuse to call bands like Emmure or Atilla metal

With the exception of GWAR (they play thrash metal) the bands that are playing the Gathering are metalcore (style of music that came about after numetal started fading away back in the early 2000's), they have a lot of breakdowns (slow, chuggy parts that you see all those dumb kids doing super kung fu kicks and shit to- goofy fuckers and yeah, usually pretty emo/pretty looking).. this stuff generally attracts a younger crowd and then some MMA Affliction bro types.

not into that stuff, I like the more underground extreme side of metal such as black metal, death metal, thrash metal, doom metal.. again, more names for shit but there are so many different styles and then individual bands takes on those styles that I could ramble on forever, but I made a post with some bands that I listen to on the regular over in the metalheads thread if you want to check out some of the kinda shit I listen to (most recent post In thread):

https://www.faygoluvers.net/v5/.....ds/page-9/

I guess I'm just a picky elitist asshole but I'd rather listen to something with some atmosphere and quality musicianship over "dun dun dun dun da dun chugga chugga da werrruer" by skinny white kids in girl's pants

case in point, Immortal is a classic black metal band and this song rules:

however, this is Atilla and they are playing this year.. WHY, GOD, WHY?!?!??!

offtopiceww. What in the actual fuck is this Attila shit? This is what kids think is metal now days? Fucking shit.  These kids don't deserve the name Attila.  Attila the Hun was one of the most bad ass mother fuckers to ever live...and these guys are, well, "skinny white kids."  I'm with @deathmetaljuggalo , "I guess I'm just a picky elitist asshole," but I don't listen to newer music often and this is why.  It's fucking depressing.  Okay, I'm done ranting.       

May 26, 2016
10:51 am
krunk
dirtball
Members

JC said 
..Okay, I'm done ranting.         

lolMetalocalypse will pick up where u left off:

YouTube Video What's Up, Bro? | Metalocalypse | Adult Swim 

May 26, 2016
12:17 pm
BodeeBagz
BodeeBagz
Members
Forum Posts: 105

Yeah those metal bands on this years Gathering are fucking dog shite. The reason why metal had to go so sub-genred was because of shite like this. Agreed that GWAR are the only good metal band on the line-up but till they are no so good without Brockie, he was a legend.

Man I hope this doesn't signal that future gatherings will carry on in this vein. This is the first time I've EVER seen Gathering line-up and thought "Im not interested in that one". As I live in UK every gathering weekend Im in a bit of a mood cos I feel like I'm missing out on a unique festival FULL (normally) of artists and groups I love and will never get to see here in the UK. Thus year I don't have that problem for the first time.

This year looks more like a typical alternative festival with some alternative Hip Hop thrown in. We get that shit here and all over Europe. The Gathering traditionally is to me like pretty much a pure horrorcore, underground and classic hip hop festival unlike any other in the world, I hope it goes back to that feeling as I plan to attend One gathering before I die and I don't think I have that much time : (

I would have fucking KILLED to see Three6Mafia & Geto Boys you lucky fucks !!!!! And did actually nearly rob someone for the money, considered it for real what a scum bag, sorry guys! :D

May 26, 2016
1:01 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members

BodeeBagz said
Yeah those metal bands on this years Gathering are fucking dog shite. The reason why metal had to go so sub-genred was because of shite like this. Agreed that GWAR are the only good metal band on the line-up but till they are no so good without Brockie, he was a legend.

Man I hope this doesn't signal that future gatherings will carry on in this vein. This is the first time I've EVER seen Gathering line-up and thought "Im not interested in that one". As I live in UK every gathering weekend Im in a bit of a mood cos I feel like I'm missing out on a unique festival FULL (normally) of artists and groups I love and will never get to see here in the UK. Thus year I don't have that problem for the first time.

This year looks more like a typical alternative festival with some alternative Hip Hop thrown in. We get that shit here and all over Europe. The Gathering traditionally is to me like pretty much a pure horrorcore, underground and classic hip hop festival unlike any other in the world, I hope it goes back to that feeling as I plan to attend One gathering before I die and I don't think I have that much time : (

I would have fucking KILLED to see Three6Mafia & Geto Boys you lucky fucks !!!!! And did actually nearly rob someone for the money, considered it for real what a scum bag, sorry guys! :D  

That sux; Houston rumors say Geto Boys are playing GOTJ in 2031. Race u there.

YouTube Video Twiztid - Sucks To Be You (Monoxide Version) - Abominationz

May 26, 2016
1:52 pm
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

Ah, that attila clip makes sense for the gathering. Sounds like wannabe hed pe but assy.

I couldn't fuck with the immortal or napalm death clips either, though. 

What's ill nino? They were dope live but again couldn't fuck with it on an I Wanna Jam to This kinda way.

May 26, 2016
4:18 pm
sewerside
sewerside
south florida
Members
Forum Posts: 156

Psyral Infection said

You should check out @sewerside playing on the Big Top Stage on the opening night of the Gathering. Shit's going to be fire!

wink

Lol yessssss

and now i'm gonna be performin at Juggalo Day WHUT

Official Sewerside Website * Sewerside on Facebook

May 26, 2016
4:41 pm
jrw
pa
Members
Forum Posts: 137

I'm with most this year I depressing for th bands that are plying.   But that just means I get more time to get fucked up and party with the fan.

Whoop Whoop jrw :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 26, 2016
7:19 pm
JC
JC
Members

Yea I really don't go for the bands anyways, I go to chill with Juggalos.  There could be no outside music performers and it wouldn't phase me.  Actually, years with numerous big name acts have seemed to draw in more of the shifty non-fam drug dealer type of people... it's totally okay with me if those type of people don't wanna show up :)  

Whoop Whoop JC :

Psyral
May 26, 2016
9:10 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297

JC said
Yea I really don't go for the bands anyways, I go to chill with Juggalos.  There could be no outside music performers and it wouldn't phase me.  Actually, years with numerous big name acts have seemed to draw in more of the shifty non-fam drug dealer type of people... it's totally okay with me if those type of people don't wanna show up :)    

I love that there is no drug bridge anymore. Not that I have a problem with drugs, but non-fam preying on the juggalos... not my thing.

Whoop Whoop Psyral :

JC, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
73 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845