April 19, 2024
51 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
Gathering 2016 Faygoluvers Village Ineffectual Planning Thread
May 26, 2016
6:44 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members
Forum Posts: 405
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Damn...thought I was being helpful. I'm just trying to stay positive and optimistic. I'll post more on this later after work but for now

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 26, 2016
6:55 pm
krunk
dirtball
Members
Forum Posts: 8174

Cheshyr said
Wow. I'm just so overwhelmed at how underwhelming everyone's suddenly gotten about this. The idea went from us actually ALL camping together (IN THE SAME AREA) to... "Fuck it."      Great Job!

But whatever, I'm throwin' my hands up over the whole thing. I'm tappin' out. I resign my position on the committee...

Going out on a limb here & suggesting it might have something to do with this:

Cheshyr said

...Oh and one more thing, I got MCL for all of ya but I'm just gonna put it out there that while I'm willing to share at lot with my homies... my shit place is my own. Shitting in a bucket for a week already presents it's own "dilemmas" without extending them others; I'd just assume keep my "office" for private use.... ya dig? vomit

With the limited space and July heat, I can almost smell your plan from here. Maybe curb your enthusiasm with some bio or contractor bags? cheers

Whoop Whoop krunk :

Skratchie, Nyro
  RAFtn26.gif 3hm5B2c.gif VFyFLdU.gif  

May 26, 2016
9:30 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

Cheshyr said
Wow. I'm just so overwhelmed at how underwhelming everyone's suddenly gotten about this. The idea went from us actually ALL camping together (IN THE SAME AREA) to... "Fuck it."      Great Job!

what on earth does that even mean?  only one sayin 'fuck it' is...  yourself...

But whatever, I'm throwin' my hands up over the whole thing. I'm tappin' out. I resign my position on the committee.

yeah, that translates directly to... 'fuck it'. 

we still all campin, together, in the same area.  i mean, cept you, apparently. 

youre trippin on sumn that the rest of us have been patiently waiting for you to explain, but all youre doin is expressing more exasperation at...  what? 

The whole issue was about us getting together IN TIME to make everything that happens AFTER gates happen smoother. 

and your current hang up is what, exactly?  youre unwilling to do this? 

no metaphors, no jokes, no 'augh!'s...  speak on it like you want us to understand.  whats your beef? 

So sending out runners may be for completely nothing if the person for whom you are saving space for isn't even being allowed to enter that area...

you cant see what comes next? 

just means the willing are gonna ruck up and do some work.  we all have feet.  we can use em.  carry the shit in

those that dont wanna carry nuthin, can punk out.  and they can live somewhere else, if theyre just lookin for coolies. 

meanwhile, why even use the car passes for ninjas whose cars aint gettin in, anyway?  priority for car passes is the wagon train.  if your car aint gonna be in the train, save your money, or hand the pass off. 

You think yer gonna strap on a t-shirt and just have people coming out of the woodwork? Good luck with that. Didn't work for ME last year! I walked around that bitch like a retard and NOT ONE person spotted me and it turns out I had even been walking by Scottie's RV repeatedly until they went in at 6p. "Hey let's go to Disney World and you come find me?! I'll be the one wearing the Mickey Mouse shirt!" Admittedly, at my first Gathering, I was wearing my new Faygoluvers shirt when Scruffy, Entrapped and Raven literally yelled me out of the crowd; but that was a TOTAL fluke. I just HAPPENED to be walking up that road at that time when you guys were at that camp.

and we just happened to be lookin;  thats how you got spotted.  bein proactive helps a lot more than bitchin, or stayin mum. 

all this shows, is that youre lookin down at a method that you already know worked once. 

how many times has social media worked out at the gathering for ya? 

Some of you seem to have certain places picked out for yourselves. But I guess it would be "over planning" to maybe have a conversation as to what OTHER people might think is a better place we can all agree on for us to "village". I personally don't like being led around by the nose against my own self interests but that's why I'm not voting for Trump. derp. And both those things aren't worth discussion either.   

look, if you wanna be king of the village, declare yourself king and make all the decisions, lead us around by the nose. 

and mark yourself down as both a runner and driver.  cuz right now, youre neither, and standin around complainin about how shits goin down wont get people to hump your gear for you.  the village will be quick to move on;  nobody will give a fuck if THE PLAN is followed, theyll only care about results.  grousing brings no results. 

til then, youre one of many, like the rest of us.  and as one of many, you want some shit done, you gotta do it, not tell someone else youre disappointed in them for not doin it for you. 

watch how effective this technique is for me. 

I'm not taking any chances on getting fucked like last year and I can CLEARLY see gettin' the bone regarding this non-event.

yeah, uh...  you just guaranteed it, by beggin off.  aint exactly clairvoyance, is it...? 

might wanna reconsider. 

again, the problem is that whatever your problem is, is still pretty much a mystery to us.  you keep sayin, 'we gotta figure this out!'  then, while people are figurin it out, youre sayin, 'why wont you figure this out?!' 

thats what we see.  we do not see you planning anything [other than 'all yall get a facebook'], we see you griping about how you arent planning anything. 

so get to plannin, then. 

and try to remember that aint nobody beholden to nobody.  you arent owed solutions;  you make em.  or you dont get em. 

honestly, i cant believe how little faith you have in your own wherewithal.  if you dont see how you can hack it, defer to those that can.  dont just grouse about how you cant hack it.  

or, you could give up.  cuz that always works. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

May 26, 2016
9:39 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members
Forum Posts: 3151

@cheshyr bro what do U want from me I want to kick it with u man.

U can't force these people to get a Facebook u wanna call my girlfriend and tell her to calm her shit and change her mind that I can't control my peep. Cuz if u can GO FOR IT. Plz do. 

Therea a reason why some off the people are more calm. Because as u know there are way to many factors to consider to make a extensive detailed ass plan. At any level. Like at all dude. How does that not give u a sense of freedom man? It's a good thing. 

I know when I get there I will have to roll with the punches. And I know I'm surrounded by smart people that can do the same.  And that have been to probably 17 gatherings already. (I know there have been only 16). 

There's like hella people going. The first ones that will get there will walk around not knowing each other for what like a fucken hour two?!?!! They will find each other u will find them I promise. I will make fucken sure. If u get there first and if u don't make it a personal mission to find me I'm taking a shit in ur tent. I mean it bro like in a good way I'm fucken finding u. All love.

Like scruffy I have one or two ideas and questions that I don't want to say publicly. And I want ninjas like spooky and scruffy to see so I will have to probably just send a PM. And ur not going to make me give away key data. 

you fuckers ever heard of a group txt? 

What are ur  concerns exactly.  Don't write me an essay esse like bulet point that shit I probably got dyslexia if u haven't fucken noticed. Cuz I swear we have answerd them. 

The drive up in there we will have to figure that shit out day zero. There is no other way. I mean we can TRY its most likely not going to work. U know having a drive in plan. And plus not everyone here will be there day Zero. 

And here a cool one. Do u really think everyone on this village that U WILL be part of will be charm braclet ready by the time gates open?!?! No bro! Even if we could be that we'll machine like FUCK THAT! That's no fucken fun! It sounds like a fucken field Tripp!!!!!!

i just want u to relax cuz we want to hang out but if ur going to take ur balls and go home let me get one last good look at those bad boys and peace.

And in defense of Scottie's RV the ninja had a FAYGOLUVERS BANNER! 

I will personally save u a spot for ur car myself bro. Right next to me and my biracial family.  I'm jokin but I ain't playin . 

Stop drinking coffee. 

Ur banner alone should solve a lot of ur problems. 

The car planning will have to wait. IMO

day zero will be greeting grounds. 

And this is just me like I have only been to one gathering and I know most people know but why are we even saying there is a day zero....

the more u plan the more ur going to be all stressed out once ur there. The plan is there dude I'm just waiting for the gathering to guide us. 

All we do is say what we think. That's how we know each other. It will be very easy to come to a common consensus.  Once all the factors are considered. Unforeseeable events. A series of unforeseeable events if you will....

Whoop Whoop bayAreaShaman :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Nyro

YOU KNOW THEY AINT NO SUCH THING AS LEFTOVER CRACK!!!- Leftover Crack

May 26, 2016
10:22 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

deathmetaljuggalo said
This is all too much.. Who do I give my phone number to so I don't have to read this thread anymore? lol

bayAreaShaman said

you fuckers ever heard of a group txt? 

I think the people who are def. going should start sharing numbers now...just sayin 

I would rather plan in advance (the things that can be) but feel things would be more clear and direct over text than in the forums

@cheshyr I know it's stressful but this thing is gonna happen, no need to say fuck it yet, stay positive yo...I personally hope you will still be a part of planning this. Just sayin. 

Whoop Whoop JC :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 26, 2016
10:41 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

Also I like the fact the people that plan more are discussing because I'm reading. Just cuz I'm not doing hella of it doesn't mean what u guys are doing couldn't be useful and save our ass.

Nyro, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

May 26, 2016
10:46 pm
Skratchie
Skratchie
Members
Forum Posts: 277

Well I guess if were gonna over plan things I'll step it up a little. Now on day 0 instead of just wandering around with my massacre shirt on I'll put 3 glass bottles on my fingers and walk around clanking them while chanting "faygoluvers come out to playyyyeayy" just follow the sound and we will all hook up

Whoop Whoop Skratchie :

bayAreaShaman, CellE2057, SPOOKYtheFUNGI, DrFreshness
May 26, 2016
10:48 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

JC said  
I think the people who are def. going should start sharing numbers now...just sayin   

'should be' aint got much to do with what happens. 

wanna share now?  go head and share, i wont get in the way of it. 

hey, @cheshyr...  i had to actually check just now, to see if i had your number already, or not.  i do not. 

but ill bet a dollar that if we were speakin of this over the phone, id have a much better picture of your objections... 

... but feel things would be more clear and direct over text than in the forums  

still words on a screen, right?  i mean, typin with a thumb is still typin...  ya know? 

cheshyr I know it's stressful but this thing is gonna happen, no need to say fuck it yet, stay positive yo...I personally hope you will still be a part of planning this. Just sayin.   

yeah, and stuff. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

May 26, 2016
11:03 pm
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members

@cheshyr  you always have good info and insight and have been a big help with gathering info. that advice with the band aid on the toes is money in the bank. it was awesome that you even got the ball rolling with this. I think the bad experience of day 0/1 last year is still fresh for you. that was last year and we all are smarter and more aware. This thread is a result of last year and we are even smarter and more aware. 

at this point its a matter of putting any details or info collectively to better our intelligence and awareness. for example what you talked about with parking across the street and the process involved. all that stuff could be good info going into day 0. or even if anyone knew when they actually opened the box office last year and the gates? stuff like that to help hatch the plan for the village.

and if it doesn't work? fuckkit. its still the gathering. gather hard and have fun with family. thats really what its all about. everything else is just cream cheese. great thread there cheshyr

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

scruffy, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 26, 2016
11:21 pm
JC
JC
Members
Forum Posts: 544

why isn't the quote button working for me now?

Anyways,

1) I didn't mean "should" all like that...

but why would I share my number if people aren't trying to text yet...so I was just putting it out there 

2) I'm fine with keeping things on the forums but I was saying I think texting would be more clear because it's easier to plan with a smaller group of people who are for sure going, and people typically text more to the point not paragraphs of randomness like on forums

Whoop Whoop JC :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 26, 2016
11:40 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

Yeah when it gets closer the phone txt route is the way to go. Its faster and better. StarsityMedia to the point. And last year the site went down. 

Oh yeah so if we are all gonna be living together are we still having meet up massacres? 

I'm down for a meet massacre BBQ! I'm willing cough up a few bones and feed u ninjas.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Nyro

May 26, 2016
11:41 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

JC said
why isn't the quote button working for me now?

work for me.  hm. 

Anyways,
1) I didn't mean "should" all like that...  

its just an expression i coined.  what im sayin is, 'should be' pales when standing next to 'is'.  [to coin another one]

in other words, to talk of how it oughtta been is one thing, but what was done is what scores points. 

but why would I share my number if people aren't trying to text yet...so I was just putting it out there 

oh yeah, never know till ya bring it up.  im hip. 

fuck, throw me your number, you wanna.  wont hurt. 

2) I'm fine with keeping things on the forums but I was saying I think texting would be more clear because it's easier to plan with a smaller group of people who are for sure going, and people typically text more to the point not paragraphs of randomness like on forums  

maybe you do.  my texts look pretty much like this.  cuz i hate text-speak, its wack. 

actually, texting is, itself, wack... but i cant get around it any more.  half the people i know are afraid to actually call mufuckas, or sumn.  chins on their chests all damn day long. 

fair warning, you send me a text, its about a fifty-fifty chance ima just call ya to respond.  thats to the point. 

May 26, 2016
11:45 pm
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

I meant strait to the point and I meant meat up massacre BBQ. Heh heh get it meat...

Nyro, SPOOKYtheFUNGI

May 26, 2016
11:57 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492

Didn't read any of this yet, but I still REALLY want to make it. Just depends if I can come up with the skrilla. Most of my spare money has been going to pay off some school debt so I can finally graduate and get my degree. 

Whoop Whoop Pigg :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 27, 2016
12:03 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Pigg said
Didn't read any of this yet, but I still REALLY want to make it. Just depends if I can come up with the skrilla. Most of my spare money has been going to pay off some school debt so I can finally graduate and get my degree.   

meanin, you got a real shot...?  or just, ya know, wanna make it? 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

May 27, 2016
12:14 am
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members

bayAreaShaman said
I meant strait to the point and I meant meat up massacre BBQ. Heh heh get it meat...  

lol I googled StarsityMedia cuz I was like wtf is that. I'm all about some BBQ. Count me in. And the site going down fucked me all up. I was too dependent on that shit. Shoulda just put some leg work in and not kept checking my phone. 

and I agree that calling is the most direct way to reach out and whoop someone. I still might rep that t shirt though. I was partially joking about it before but fuckkit. White t and a magic marker...done

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

bayAreaShaman, SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 27, 2016
12:34 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

the grill thing... 

if were gonna open up a grill on site, then we might need a grilling subcommittee, or some shit.  enough so it aint everybody bringing in steaks and no briquettes.  or vice versa, or whatever. 

or shit, yall could decide ahead of time who is the big grillmaster, leave it to them.  whatever works. 

i know i aint cookin food for other humans to eat.  unless they have no qualms about food poisoning. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

May 27, 2016
1:08 am
phreakcore
phreakcore
Members

scruffy said
the grill thing... 

I'm far from a grill master. I just love to cook meat on charcoal. I'm only bringing a little grill. I figure imma hit up Kroger right before I get there and get some burgers and dogs. Maybe marinade something on the way down if I have time. A mans gotta eat. After that I'm up for any ideas to throw in on. I can't fit a lot on this grill but If anyone else has a bigger one and needs a hand no prob. Or if anyone needs to use mine go for it. This lil sucker gets nice and hot. good for searing steaks

Image Enlarger

Whoop Whoop phreakcore :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 27, 2016
1:53 am
bayAreaShaman
bayAreaShaman
Members

Dude I had a long ass thing fucken written.. Well by my standards.

@phreakcore I wanted to park outside to buy fresh meat that day but I don't think that will happen and I will have to park inside. So I wills have to hitch a ride to get fresh meat. 

And I guess it's me and u man. That day u will be a grill master. 

Hopefully I can get a ride to store I mean who doesn't want fresh meat and vegetables? 

Anyone can bring what ever they want I guess let me know on here or when we eventually get around to exchanging numbers. Txt me or call me and Make a list and shit. Just be carefull with perishables.  Really I want to go to the store with 1-3 ninjas  buy the meat and veggies then. My girls a pescetarian so I'll have that covered if any of u guys are don't eat meat. 

I'm going to bring a small grill too so we gotta stick together.  We should probably learn some cool choreographed grilling moves.

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, Nyro

May 27, 2016
2:37 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
100sp_Permalink sp_Print

damn.  a for-real grocery run during the gathering. 

in two years, this has never occurred to me.  the possibilities, eh? 

and...  notice, we already have two grills... but no briquettes... 

thats the kinda shit happens half the time i been out camping.  everybody brings grills and meat, nobody brings charcoal or coolers.  or, as i say, vice versa.  always sumn.  eventually, we just started designating a gofer.  who of course, missed most of the campout. 

ya know, i should just add briquettes to my load. 

for food, im plannin to do what i always do; a case of canned goods, and some other random little shit.  more than enough to fuel me for five or six days, so im covered no matter what. 

bbqs, or carnie food, that kinda shit is bonus. 

ill happily throw in for the cause, though. 

Whoop Whoop scruffy :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
59 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845