March 29, 2024
87 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS GOTJ23
fl.net forum meetup massacre 2014
July 31, 2014
7:23 pm
Pigg
Pigg
영덕, South Korea
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 6492
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
361sp_Permalink sp_Print

GanjaGoblin said
1. Deadbody Cheesesteaks were banging

2. Meeting the other FLH members was cool, I would have chilled more but there was some drama going on on my end and there were other people I ran into who I chilled with and all. Sorry ya'all. I'm not that much of a dickhead. But Scruffy, Piggy (still wondering wtf this midnight business is lol), Entrapped and your son, Jules, Scottie, CarnivalKilla, ya'all the shit.

3. Being one of the first few hundred people to literally walk into the Gathering was the shit. Once security waved us in we all rushed the campgrounds. A surreal feeling. All the times I've been to a Gathering I was crammed in a car with a bunch of heads. Never did I wait in the front of the line waiting to go in.

4. Getting backstage to help partake in Faygo Armageddon. I remember 2 security guys were trying to hold us back and then we just said fuck it and rushed the stage. Chaos ensued afterwards with all the faygo flying. I was literally dry the whole time during ICPs set, even during the rain storm. I was under the roof of the main stage chilling with ABK/Hoodoo and other juggalos. Scottie was there.

5. I can't think of anything more really.

I wanted to get a cheesesteak and forgot! And @midnight is a show on comedy central that airs at midnight. I THOUGHT I saw you posting stuff on twitter about it, but it must have been someone else.

August 1, 2014
6:23 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

ooh, i wanna make a list, too...

1-  thinkin on it, i shouldnt apologize to anybody for messing them up on saturday, except for entrapped, pigg, raven, gideon, etc.  

when im hurt, i get angry;  when im angry, i quit caring about the consequences of my actions, particularly the collateral effects.  

so yeah...  sorry, guys.  

2-  @scottied  is fuckin king juggalo, far as i can tell.  

many mega thank yous.  your gettin behind the meetup massacres is a big part, maybe the key part, of why they work.  to say nothing of the cool collectors t-shirt, which i consider a prize.  

3-  the aforementioned ces cru intro...  that shit was fresh, i hope someone has it somewhere.  

ces cru got my attention, ima have to get into their shit for a while.  

4-  noemotion goldmask.  yeeeah.  

probably nobody else but pigg really gives a shit, but catching his set [twice!] and, on top of that, hangin out with him for most of the day was a notable highlight for me.  

5-  cannibal corpse.  is it just me, or did they play the same song eleven times in a row?  hard to tell, with these death metalers.  

6-  cypress.  mutha.  fuckin.  hill.  

god, i mean...  fuck, ya know?  

lifelong dream come true;  ive been dying to see them live since at least 1992.  

this deserves a thread of its own, and ill probably get around to starting one sooner or later, just to gas about them some more.  

7-  gatherings firsts.  i did/saw more than a couple things for the first time there.  

this also deserves a thread of its own, but for now, ill mention that i have never seen a ninja do the worm across a for-real mosh pit before.  seen some guy do that shit during boondoxs set.  that was pretty ballsy.  

8-  speaking of, boondox was surprisingly good this year.  there are those who regularly appear at the gathering, that i tend to sneer at; hes one of em.  but unlike amb or somebody, he put it the fuck down and made me think twice.  

still dont like his rednecky music and such, but that set was enjoyable, cant say that ive thought that about boondox before.  

9-  speaking of amb, they came off like two trust fund kids who bought their way on stage, and spent the rest of the money on drugs, which kept them from being able to do anything other than remember their lines.  in other words, business as usual.  

10-  reinforcing entrappedminds #4.  i am also retroactively stunned that all those fireworks didnt fuck somebody up.  

seriously ninjas, that shit needs to go, dont press our luck, just keep the damn things away.  better yet, dont bring em.  

11-  meeting at the wrestling bleachers was a bad call.  meeting at midnight didnt really work out, either.  

we will have to figure out something better, next year.  passing out phone numbers might help, assuming anyone other than me is willing to pass out a phone number.  

okay, the list is long enough.  ill give everybody time to process before i dump more onto yall.  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

August 1, 2014
8:31 am
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9038
363sp_Permalink sp_Print

@scruffy did you cause physical harm to the homies or something? What kind of fiendish troglodyte monster are you lol? I must have an explanation...

Also, I've been wondering specifically how Cypress Hill went down ever since y'all were fortunate enough to witness! Do tell!

I'm glad you enjoyed Boondox; I've yet to see him. Most claim he had a lackluster stage presence, but perhaps being sober refilled his charisma tank. I'm also glad you did not enjoy AMB. Hear that, world?! I'm glad that someone did not enjoy something lol. To Hades with Bonez and Otis.

August 1, 2014
12:04 pm
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
Forum Posts: 845
364sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for all the love guys!  It was great meeting up for the one Meetup Massacre that I was able to show up to. Hopefully I'll be able to be more involved next year!  

PS: I have the whole Ces Cru intro recorded.  I will have to put it up for you guys eventually. still playing catch-up.

August 1, 2014
2:53 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
365sp_Permalink sp_Print

Old Mr Dangerous said
@scruffy did you cause physical harm to the homies or something?    

no.  at least, not that im aware of.    

What kind of fiendish troglodyte monster are you lol?    

the bad kind.  mostly.    

I must have an explanation...    

simple:  my acting like an ass because im pissed off does not trump their wanting to continue to have a great experience.  

frankly, i shouldve been able to shake it off, maintain my composure, and not cause people to have to worry about whether or not im gonna fuck things up some more.  that was unfair, on my part.  

Also, I've been wondering specifically how Cypress Hill went down ever since y'all were fortunate enough to witness! Do tell!    

oh, ill tell, ill tell.  just need a bit of time to compose the tale.  

maybe tomorrow.  

short version, it went down great.  

I'm glad you enjoyed Boondox; I've yet to see him. Most claim he had a lackluster stage presence, but perhaps being sober refilled his charisma tank.

perhaps.  usually, i would say lackluster is about right.  

his hype man [crucifix, i believe?] helped a lot.  that dude had energy, and pipes.  

I'm also glad you did not enjoy AMB. Hear that, world?! I'm glad that someone did not enjoy something lol. To Hades with Bonez and Otis.

i think from now on, im not gonna be able to hear anything about amb, without remembering j and shaggy pickin on em at their seminar.  

j [shaking his head and chuckling]:  'hes so young, and hes so wicked...  hee hee.'  

@scottied youre too involved already.  far as gotj in general, not the massacres.  seems to me like you run yourself to death every year to hook up the ninjas that dont make it with freshness.  another reason you are the bomb.  

scottie at the gathering:  'gotta go, i gotta be at ___, and its on the other side of the grounds.'  

half an hour later:  'gotta go, i gotta be at ___, and its on the other side of the grounds.'  

repeat.  

August 1, 2014
3:04 pm
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
Forum Posts: 845
366sp_Permalink sp_Print

you pretty much hit the nail on the head homie.  Next year, I'm gonna have to delegate some tasks to others.  I ran myself ragged this year, but still had an incredibly awesome Gathering!  Can't wait for next year!

August 1, 2014
3:11 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members
Forum Posts: 4619
367sp_Permalink sp_Print

ScottieD said
you pretty much hit the nail on the head homie.  Next year, I'm gonna have to delegate some tasks to others.  I ran myself ragged this year, but still had an incredibly awesome Gathering!  Can't wait for next year!

if I go next year Ill help you out scottie!! be glad to homie.

August 1, 2014
3:13 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members

he so wicked hes young scared...lol

Ces cru always fuckin kills it....saw them at a little ass bar about 20 mins from my house a few weeks ago and they "killed it" saw trizz there too,Saw trizz and his girl at the wrek.kung fu  show too.cool dude.

August 1, 2014
3:27 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
Forum Posts: 696
369sp_Permalink sp_Print

My form of helping out is to simply mention FLH in every conversation I have. See, I have to be subliminal about it... Because when you're an ogre like me, being pushy and in-your-face about something is just gonna scare folks off. Heh. And yes, I do enjoy that reaction as well - but it's not good for bidniss.

Actually, for the next Gathering, I'd like to represent Faygluvers in a more outright fashion than we did this year. As I'd mentioned, have a Faygoluvers Village where we're camped (or at least those that don't already have ties elsewhere - or prefer to stay in a hotel *cough*Jules*cough*)... Featuring Frog's wheel, brought to you by Faygoluvers - spin the wheel, get a beer AND a FLH sticker... Some shit like that... I think a brainstorming session at some point in the next 9 months is in order - there's a LOT we can do to further the cause of our "home" here... WITHOUT running ourselves ragged, and more importantly, without @scottied being forced to run himself ragged.

By the way - I'm trying to convince my kid to write an article (under the pseudonym "Boxy" hehe) on the Gathering from a 14 year old's perspective, but thus far he's resisting. Says it sounds too much like schoolwork. Sigh.

August 1, 2014
3:30 pm
Violentdope
Violentdope
Members
370sp_Permalink sp_Print

entrappedmind said
My form of helping out is to simply mention FLH in every conversation I have. See, I have to be subliminal about it... Because when you're an ogre like me, being pushy and in-your-face about something is just gonna scare folks off. Heh. And yes, I do enjoy that reaction as well - but it's not good for bidniss.

Actually, for the next Gathering, I'd like to represent Faygluvers in a more outright fashion than we did this year. As I'd mentioned, have a Faygoluvers Village where we're camped (or at least those that don't already have ties elsewhere - or prefer to stay in a hotel *cough*Jules*cough*)... Featuring Frog's wheel, brought to you by Faygoluvers - spin the wheel, get a beer AND a FLH sticker... Some shit like that... I think a brainstorming session at some point in the next 9 months is in order - there's a LOT we can do to further the cause of our "home" here... WITHOUT running ourselves ragged, and more importantly, without @scottied being forced to run himself ragged.

By the way - I'm trying to convince my kid to write an article (under the pseudonym "Boxy" hehe) on the Gathering from a 14 year old's perspective, but thus far he's resisting. Says it sounds too much like schoolwork. Sigh.

that shit sounds fresh as fuck.....

August 1, 2014
3:32 pm
entrappedmind
entrappedmind
Members
Forum Posts: 696
371sp_Permalink sp_Print

And @scruffy - quit beating yourself up about that shit. As I told you then - I'm not the type to let friends do stupid shit. In hindsight, I shouldn't have let you get away in the first place - but I thought you were just blowing off steam. Realized too late that you were hunting. And, if you'd have ended up gutting whoever the offending party was, I'd have helped you get away. Whatever, man.

I'm just glad you didn't make me sit on you to keep you from taking off again, as I threatened. That might have hurt more than the objects hitting you in the first place lol.

August 1, 2014
3:35 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

entrappedmind said

we must do this.  

he must do this.  

[edit]  @entrappedmind  all good.  

i mean, now its all good.  

August 1, 2014
7:01 pm
Old Mr Dangerous
Old Mr Dangerous
Members
Forum Posts: 9038
373sp_Permalink sp_Print

@scruffy don't fret; sometimes I become vengeful beyond reason as well. Sometimes people strike the wrong chord. Dischordia. I once hunted a junkie down for an entire day and evening. Waited for him to awake from a nod off in a heroin house. Just to confront him. Anyways, Loooootuusss

August 1, 2014
8:28 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
Forum Posts: 492
374sp_Permalink sp_Print

ScottieD said

Feel free to delegate to me in the future. I'd love to be as involved as I can be, and you know that I stay sober (for the most part haha) so you wouldn't have to worry about me doing stupid stuff. I was glad to see you in the Cannibal Corpse pit because, after all, it's your vacation and you should be having fun instead of just working working working.

As I'd mentioned, have a Faygoluvers Village where we're camped (or at least those that don't already have ties elsewhere – or prefer to stay in a hotel *cough*Jules*cough*)… Featuring Frog's wheel, brought to you by Faygoluvers – spin the wheel, get a beer AND a FLH sticker… Some shit like that…

Man, I sincerely don't want to camp there again. I want a real toilet, and a guaranteed daily shower, and a place to charge my batteries (both for my cameras, and for my body). But I really do think I'm gonna get a kids tent and set it up somewhere with a chair, a cooler and a backpack full of clothes/shoes/sunblock and whatnot, so I can have a home base at the GOTJ without having to sleep there.

By the way – I'm trying to convince my kid to write an article (under the pseudonym "Boxy" hehe) on the Gathering from a 14 year old's perspective, but thus far he's resisting. Says it sounds too much like schoolwork. Sigh.

He really, really should!! I write up almost all of my trips, and the report itself ends up being the reward for the hard work in writing it. Now at 35, I look back at trip reports I wrote as an 18 year old and I treasure them...I would never remember the details of those trips, but I can read the report and relive it again. Please encourage him to write it up. I, and probably everyone else, would LOVE to read it.

-Jules

August 1, 2014
9:03 pm
Psyral
#ModBot
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 4297
375sp_Permalink sp_Print

ScottieD said

I'm up for anything like this. I stay sober. Not sure what skills I can offer. I am an IT guy like you though... well you are an administrator, I am a programmer.

VeryTwiztidRaven said 
Man, I sincerely don't want to camp there again. I want a real toilet, and a guaranteed daily shower, and a place to charge my batteries ...

We brought our own toilet. and for the showers, I woke up between 5 and 6am and the showers were clean, hot, and empty at that time.

I think we should also enter the competitions next year. Have a Faygoluvers team in all the events. Maybe we can start a friendly rivalry between other sites like TJF or something.

(click image for source)   Yeah.gif   (click image for source)
August 1, 2014
10:38 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
376sp_Permalink sp_Print

We're a shoe-in for the costume contest with our Wizard of Oz costumes.

-Jules

August 1, 2014
10:52 pm
VeryTwiztidRaven
VeryTwiztidRaven
Members
377sp_Permalink sp_Print

Psyral Infection said

We brought our own toilet. and for the showers, I woke up between 5 and 6am and the showers were clean, hot, and empty at that time.

I brought the toilet too, and it was definitely functional. But in five days, I showered twice...Thursday morning, when I waited about an hour, and again immediately after Twiztid on Friday night. I tried to shower on Sunday morning (after having gotten soaked during ICP's set) but they had already yanked the shower trailers when I got up at 8am. That was such a bitch move, since the campground was supposedly open until 6pm. Basically no one got to start their long drives home with a shower after ICP. I know some people complained that they waited three hours for a shower...that's just not ok. BO was so ripe this year because of it haha

-Jules

August 1, 2014
11:40 pm
Chuklz
Chuklz
Terrorist, Arabland
Members
Forum Posts: 725
378sp_Permalink sp_Print

Man I'm so pissed I missed this shit. I would of helped you on your man hunt @scruffy .

My brain is gone, my brain is gone, say no more my brain is gone

August 2, 2014
1:10 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853
379sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey guys!

Yeah, I'm sorry I crapped out on the meetups. I completely forgot that we had made tentative times to meet up at the stage. Honestly, I think it fell out of my brain as soon as I got there and walked up and down those hills a few times. Those fuckin' rocks were *killers! Man, Juggalos are like fuckin' billy goats! There were ninjas twice my size hiking up and down the place while I'm having to take momentary breaks! Fuck that JCW hill!

I tried several times popping in to Scottie's RV site thinking everyone would be there but there never was. Well, until I finally found Scottie there late on the second afternoon. I had to wait quietly as he was being talked up by another ninja for like 10min. before I could even introduce myself. Of course he was busy with somethin' 'er other so after he had politely invited me into the a/c of the RV, I excused myself so he could get to it.

I ran into him again at the wet t-shirt contest (rather, he saw me in the shirt) but again, after he said hello he was back on the phone, heh.

It was after that that you guys yelled me out of the crowd.

I gotta say I still get a laugh out of how that went down, "Who are you?" "My name's..." "Yeah, yeah but [five people simultaneously saying] WHO *ARE* YOU?!"

LOL

It was great to meet you all and chill for a bit (in the sun). Actually, it was the first time I've ever met people IRL that I had only ever spoken to online! Thanks for your compliment entrapped, and as predicted... your kid still lives, ha ha. And thanks to everyone for their hospitality despite my brief appearance. Although I did see entrapped and son again at the ICP seminar... where I got hit in the chest with an unpeeled tangerine, a full (but open) Gatorade bottle to the chest and a turkey leg to the back of the neck. Whoever was in control of the music that had the bright idea of playing Bang!Pow!Boom! when there was ammunition all over the place gets a 'smh'...

Again, I'm sorry for seemingly flaking out on you guys but I was there by myself and didn't have anyone to remind me of shit. It was sensory overload. If I wasn't ragged from the hills with the damn rocks, I was wandering around trying to soak it all in. Serious subconscious auto-pilot. But I wore my shirt proudly hoping to run into other people. And I *did have one other ninja notice my shirt in the crowd and asked who I was on the forums. He said he was mostly a lurker but knew the name and also had tried to find people at Scottie's RV.

If it weren't for my damn batteries, I would have shot a lot more video or at the least had the thought that maybe I should have taken some damn pictures of my own when I ran into you guys.

Now that I've finally got a Gathering under my belt, next year I'll be able to tune in a little bit better and know where my feet should be taking me. But more than anything, again, despite only just running into you guys, it was a really important part of my experience of being at The Gathering and I really thank you all for being so cool.

In the future, I'll try to post a report of my own on my adventures but probably sooner I'll post links to my videos (albeit kinda crappy ones).

MMFWCL! Whoop Whoop!

ps @verytwiztedraven I remember that you did manage to snap a pick of me and I'm sure I looked like burnt shit at the time so... uh... just hold on to that for later extortion purposes, heh ;)

pps @scottied THANK YOU! Next to my Lotus amulet, my Faygoluvers shirt is my favorite bit of schwag I took home with me! You were always busy but you still said "Hey". If I didn't already know that you must love what you're doing while you're there, I'd say you need to clock out before you get to the Gathering next time, heh.

'~'=

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

August 2, 2014
7:10 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
380sp_Permalink sp_Print

hey, @cheshyr !  good to hear from you.  

really the meetups themselves crapped out after day one or two.  having to go that roundabout route over the hill was too much of a deterrent, i think.  

i didnt think you had flaked out or anything.  from my point of view, it was like i turned around and you werent there.  i wondered for a second if i had fallen asleep, so i guess i was flaking a bit.  

I gotta say I still get a laugh out of how that went down, "Who are you?" "My name's…" "Yeah, yeah but [five people simultaneously saying] WHO *ARE* YOU?!"

heh heh.  

VTR said  

But I really do think I'm gonna get a kids tent and set it up somewhere with a chair, a cooler and a backpack full of clothes/shoes/sunblock and whatnot, so I can have a home base at the GOTJ without having to sleep there.    

shit, you can have a home base wherever im camped at, no sweat.  assuming im there.  

PI said  

I think we should also enter the competitions next year. Have a Faygoluvers team in all the events. Maybe we can start a friendly rivalry between other sites like TJF or something.    

hell yeah.  no, i mean, hell yeah!  

dope idea.  

we probably could get at least one entrant into every contest, too...  hell, my homeboy keeps talkin about the wrestling tryouts next year.

C said

[uh, thats chulkz, not cheshyr.  okay, im done with the initialisms...]

Man I'm so pissed I missed this shit. I would of helped you on your man hunt @scruffy .  

appreciated.  but realistically, and in all honesty [now looking at it dispassionately], youd be surprised how quickly that kinda shit can get outta hand.  

really, its all on the jerks that are tryin to fuck things up.  they wont stop until they realize they are being dipshits, or are made fearful.  and forcing that would probably require a nasty, public, overblown incident.  in cases like that, mob mentality starts to influence things.  at that point, anything can happen.  

think of the thief from 2012.  over the top, and even that didnt eliminate the thieves, just took em down a few notches.  

before anyone says it:  yes, i know im a hypocrite.  too bad.  must suck to be me.  

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
108 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

sunny992, levishang, loppoxz, morbidmikey, Promotionalows

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845