April 20, 2024
68 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics GOTJ23
2015 Meetup Massacre
July 1, 2015
9:26 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

DrFreshness said
What about:

1. An official two-hour time slot, Meet Up Massacre Event on Wednesday or Thursday, from 4-6 PM before the mainstage gets going, at the FLH RV.

2. A couple of other appointed times/places for people to meet up, like at the parking lot party and maybe another time later on in the Gathering for anyone who doesn't make the main meet up.  But, rather than being a time slot set aside to hang out, this would just be times and a places for ninjas from the forum to connect up. 

1. Thursday at FLHRVHQ from 4-6 works for me. Again, I recognize that I'm new here so seniority is a factor but for what it's worth, that works for me. 

2. I really like the idea of a Parking Lot meetup but this: 

Psyral Infection said

FLH RV sounds good. But what about he night before in the parking lot. That is huge and it's tough even finding your own vehicle when you run to the bathroom let alone find some one elses. Maybe if we make a meeting at a specific time for the parking lot party near the ticket booth?

was what I was wondering. 

July 1, 2015
9:37 pm
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 11447

CellE2057 said  
Again, I recognize that I'm new here so seniority is a factor but for what it's worth, that works for me.    

got as much 'seniority' as anybody else.  for whatever that counts for.  

far as the parking lot party meetups or what have you...  that whole thing is a mob of a mess of a chaotic clusterfuck.  so, even if a place/time is established, i wouldnt place an excess of expectation on it.  

not sayin im against it, not at all.  be good to meet up as much as possible before the real massacres, just to hash out details.  

or detail out hash, or what the fuck ever...  

awfully paranoid, arent you?   

July 1, 2015
9:39 pm
OCJ_Brendan
OCJ_Brendan
Springfield VA
Members
Forum Posts: 6148

Maybe ill bring some hash...I have this thing called a jockery that will charge my vape pen...hmmm...probably not though cuz id rather use it for my cell phone.

Whoop Whoop OCJ_Brendan :

bayAreaShaman

"Somewhere theres a Waffle House thats severely understaffed right now" -OCJ to Scruffy watching a second stage act at the Gathering.

July 1, 2015
9:55 pm
CellE2057
Members
Forum Posts: 1346

scruffy said

CellE2057 said  
Again, I recognize that I'm new here so seniority is a factor but for what it's worth, that works for me.    

got as much 'seniority' as anybody else.  for whatever that counts for.  

Eh, Gathering vets on here should have more say than me. At least about a meetup. If it comes down to it that is. I don't think it will because it seems like most people are of the same mind but still.

OCJ_Brendan said
Maybe ill bring some hash...I have this thing called a jockery that will charge my vape pen...hmmm...probably not though cuz id rather use it for my cell phone.

qid=1435805627&sr=8-2&keywords=handcrank+lantern

I have one very similar to this that I'm bringin and have charged my Ecig with multiple times. I'm guessing it would work just as well with your pen. It won't charge the battery to full but it should definitely give you enough juice to last for a few hours. 

July 2, 2015
12:29 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members
Forum Posts: 1853

Okay, cool. Alright! We're gettin' there! Let's bring it all in a little...

At this point it seems we've all agreed on the FLH RV as being "base". That's done.

I see a few more "votes" revolving around the 6pm idea each day (or thereabouts).

Now, as far as the parking lot party... I did not make it to Legend Valley until 3pm the day of  last year so I am not aware of how that all went down but I *have seen some pictures and videos.
I assume that when @scottied gets there that he(they?) plan on throwing out the flag on the RV which would make it a *little bit easier for us to find but we'd need him to chime in on what he's got planned here (keeping in mind that the man IS kinda on the clock and we shouldn't expect him to do more than he has to). If he's got the same rig as before, it's a nice RV and pretty sizable so with the banners up, it shouldn't be TOO hard for anyone making a concerted effort to keep an eye out for to locate (the lot IS fenced in after all).

I don't know when the rest of you plan to get there (in time for the lot party) but *I should be there around 3pm. I'm bringing a couple of kites to play with but that isn't gonna be of any help when the sun sets for the ninjas arriving in darkness. But that's the adventure/mission ain't it? I'm just a sophomore to all this so it isn't like I have too many other people to keep in mind; so it'll be, like, the FIRST thing I'm goin' after... the Balla ass RV with the Faygoluvers flag/banner on the side!

The ticket booth idea is workable as well as long as those of us with previous Meetup Massacre t-shirts wear them so as to be able to at least cast some kind of net to catch those without. OTHERWISE, someone with the initiative is gonna have to do SOMEthing to stand out. I can foresee a divide between those trying to find the RV and those standing around at the ticket booth waiting for a recognizable t-shirt to walk by... I also wouldn't think that the ticket booth would be too comfortable a place to hang for long as the RV (with everyone milling about and WHOOPing it up) but we gotta have options.

Perhaps saying that at or after "X" o'clock everyone should go to one or the other (the RV or the booth) and keep their eyes open...?

Once we manage to get together as a group in the lot, we can collectively look at what individual events we might be able to come back together again to arrive at (it'd be so much easier in person) and one of our more connected numbers could post up in the forum for anyone that might be arriving late or just not have been able to find us...?

20 MORE DAYS!!! We got this!

'~'=

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

July 2, 2015
12:50 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

Cheshyr said
I see a few more "votes" revolving around the 6pm idea each day (or thereabouts).  

i can dig it.  would like it to actually start a lil earlier, more time to kick it during the actual meetup, have it run through six.  

Now, as far as the parking lot party... I did not make it the Legend Valley until 3pm the day of  last year so I am not aware of how that all went down but I *have seen some pictures and videos.    

its, ya know, a whole fuckin bunch of people wandering back n forth in a maze of 800 cars that cant move.  

really, its mostly just killing time...  but since we are juggalos, we kill time creatively.  

I assume that when scottied gets there that he(they?) plan on throwing out the flag on the RV which would make it a *little bit easier for us to find but we'd need him to chime in on what he's got planned here (keeping in mind that the man IS kinda on the clock and we shouldn't expect him to do more than he has to). If he's got the same rig as before, it's a nice RV 

hes also gotta live in the thing for five days.  gotta keep that in mind.  

im sayin, lets not try to be throwin a party on his lawn, less he wants us to.  

I don't know when the rest of you plan to get there (in time for the lot party) 

i dunno when, myself.  

figure ill show up when i get there, play in where it lies.  but probably well before gates.  

July 2, 2015
1:09 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members
Forum Posts: 1825

I won't be at the parking lot party, so that's up to you guys. 

July 2, 2015
1:09 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Oh, uh... COMPLETE fuckin' derp on my part... All the RVs are gonna be going in at 6pm that day so any planning around Scottie's is right the fuck out sooo...

Yeah, ticket booth ideas...?

"Your lack of online social presence makes it difficult for me to predict your needs..." - 2064: Read Only Memories

July 2, 2015
1:12 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members

Maybe you guys should set a corner as the general place and once people are there, figure out what's best from there?

July 2, 2015
1:44 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Once The Gathering starts proper, we'll meet up a few hours before or BY 6pm each day at the FLH RV...

As far as the lot party goes for the early birds, if we agree to pull on our shirts and meet at the ticket booth until we amass a group of about 5+, after which we can just wander around as a crew for a few fishing for others and then pick out one of our vehicles/spots to root at for the evening (maybe with some kind of campfire or "other" to call out the late until The Crush Rush).

Look at the timeline==> established 4-6pm meet up time

Without seeming like anyone's shitting on anyone's preferences and strictly speaking from previous posts referencing interests...

Wednesday(Day 1) meet up 4-6p = no issue
Thursday(Day 2) meet up interference = Twiztid&Blaze Autograph, Molly G., Liquid Assassin, Faygo Launching = 6p meet up
Friday(Day 3) meet up interference = Twiztid&Blaze Seminar, Flow Master Contest (for those involved) = 6p meet up (Jarren)
Saturday(Day 4) meet up interference = ABK seminar, Flow Master Finals, Miss Juggalette = 6p meet up (AMB)

Of course those are not withstanding what we all might come up with once we are in each other's spaces and can talk normal n'shit for anything else we might wanna go see.

After midnight (the Main Stage acts) though... it's every ninja for themselves (unless or even IF you're down for The Feud Team) cuz when shit gets crazy I'm not looking at my watch or doin' any searches!

[edit] okay, okay... there's the parties too but I'm lumping that into the personal interaction side of the planning of shit. Let's not get into the total micromanagement side of shit just yet... or *mine that is.

July 2, 2015
2:08 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members

I don't think we need one -every- day. When I marked the timeline map, it marked those times as possible for me. I think 4-6 at scotties RV is a dope idea, on wendesday. Then, we could do maybe 5 - 7 on friday but we can head over to the main stage if we wanna chill together through the main show. Or we can go our own way or whatever. I think 4 blocks of 2 hours each might be a bit too much and maybe we'd end up there on different days and times. etc. 

and anybody who wants to sit with me between the art show and the ICP seminar, it would be a great chance to sort of wrap up the gathering because it'll probably be impossible to find everybody for the ICP set, bloodymania or the deadly medly. 

July 2, 2015
2:33 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Rob, purportedly meeting up each day at a certain time IS the point... only problem is that we never know when or where.

In previous years, they (as in the forum folks and attendees in general) did not have the same interconnectivity that this new location affords us to ACTUALLY be able to meet up. Previous to Legend Valley, it's been a hit or miss game.

Now we can Gather harder as a GROUP, if you so wish.

Not to mention it makes getting the t-shirt a bit more meaningful if it wasn't just a, "Hey, how ya doin'? We've met, now where's my shirt? See ya around" kinda thing.

You'll probably understand more when you're in a sea of unfamiliar faces with no link (wink wink nudge nudge) to anyone and looking for company...

Trust me... it's a "thing".

July 2, 2015
2:37 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members

When I posted with things on the last day, people were like "that's kinda late" so I just figured it might be a bit much. 

I'm cool with every day if thats how people wanna do it. I was just taking in what other people were saying and trying to process it all. If we wanna say that each day is one and that we all want to see each other for sure each day, I'm game. 

ETA: i don't know anybody going, so i'm gonna be meeting a lot of people and I'm planning on working on some art while there to present in the art show, so I might be working on art during the meet ups but that's fine with me. lol.

July 2, 2015
2:51 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members

This is what I posted the other day. 

I think it still works pretty great and it sounds like what people are looking for. I'm down for each of these*, with the wednesday one going through six until the big top show starts. And adding the saturday before the mainstage too if we want. we can shift from where the bizarro world is to the FLH RV for sure if Scottie D is down with that. 

*i probably won't be going to the twiztid seminar but I figure people might want to sit together at that event, like the ICP seminar so I marked them both.
timelineweb.jpgImage Enlarger

I'm also down for meeting during waka flaka and MGK if we want. whatever. basically i'm down whenever. I feel like we're beating a dead horse lol. 

July 2, 2015
3:15 am
Cheshyr
Cheshyr
Members

Oh TRUST...!!!

That Twiztid & Blaze seminar is gonna be on EV-RE-ONE's schedule, Faygoluvers meetup or not!

With the exception of maybe Smack who's bitch ass won't be there anyway, there won't be a muthafako on the grounds that won't be THERE! That won't be an issue. Like fuckin' Obama showing up n'shit! It's gonna be crazy!

At any rate, it's about going with the flow and choosing to swim with some homies or goin' it on yer own.

I did it last year on my own and had a GREAT time but THIS year I'd like to have some company.

It's *your journey. Either way you'll have a blast!

But in the meantime, ma-fuks got plannin' tuh do!

July 2, 2015
4:57 am
Mr. Tidwell
Members

Although I'm not as bitter as smack, I've never actually been that into twiztid so I probably won't be there. I'm curious about their seminar and usually watch it online so I might end up showing up depending on how my art is going but it's really not a priority -for me- but I know a lot of people wanna see it.

And yeah, I really wanna have company at a lot of the events. i go everywhere a lone and with my mental health I always feel sort of awkward and set apart so I'd like to have company at the events that I do go to. 

July 2, 2015
7:05 am
PumpkinJack
PumpkinJack
Members
Forum Posts: 6

Jack Here! First time going to the Gathering, want to meet up but I also want to invite the group to play a round of "True Juggalo" a drinking game that takes place on a life sized board game. Basic Rules are listed below.

I will be at the Gathering an hour after the gates open, I'm hoping to camp at Gypsy Row or NIA campground. After I get my tent set up, I will offer to help anyone else with their tents, I hope to see you all there, and I hope to join the massacre.

Basic Rules:

True Juggalo is a dark carnival version of "True American." It is still a drinking game and players should exercise caution while playing.

The Game Set Up

4 zones, 5 spaces per zone, at the center of these 4 zones is the Big Top which consists of one bottle of liqueur (Ringmaster) in the center of a table, and beers (carnies) lined up in four directions from the king to act as dividers for the 4 zones, there should be a minimum of 3 players. There is a hidden 5th zone called "Bizarro" one of the 20 Spaces should be designated before game starts.

The Game Begins....

It's a drinking game, the game begins with a shot from the ringmaster bottle or shotgun a carnie beer. Then all the players grab a beer and run to a random spot on the board. To decide who will go first, NUMBERS (see below) will decide, if two people have unique numbers then TIE BREAKER (see below) will decide.

Unlike most board games, True Juggalos do not need dice, and this game is no exception. the players earn the ability to move across the board by completing challenges based on the spaces they land on. One player moves, the rest drink, so keep your wits about you. Players initially move clockwise around the board but the direction of the game may change at any moment.

Numbers- Make a number between 1 and 5 with one of your hands, Hold that number to your forehead, Unique number triumphs. The number equals how many moves a player can make.

Tie Breaker- Rock, Paper, Scissors

"Whoop Whoop!"- Everyone responds "whoop whoop!" And finishes their beer.

Spaces are listed below, but without pictures its hard to know what these spaces look like. They are not listed in order since there is no order in True Juggalo, its absolute fucking chaos.

Illuminati pyramid- Two Players compete at bean bag toss,
POINTS: Bag on board- 1 Bottom-2 Middle-3 Top-4, best score wins and score = moves earned.

Numbers triangle- everybody puts a number on their foreheads. People with like numbers are boned, anyone with a unique number gets to move that number of spaces. 

Pizza slice- ninja turtle ladder ball, two players face off at ladder ball, Winner moves 4 spaces. TIE BREAKER if needed.

Santa hat- Santa Claus is a Fat Bitch, so we stole the sleigh and now everyone gets to move one space. the player that lands on this selects another player to advance, like a secret santa gift.

Rainbow triangle- lip sing for your life until the music stops, whomever guesses what song it is, will move 3 spaces.

Earth Circle- everyone downs their beer, and gets a new one, remember to recycle your empties.

Spiral Circle- Warp to any zone and free space of your choosing. this space also changes the direction of the game.

Mon & Sol Circle- find your inner wizard and challenge another wizard to a duel, the two players will pass back and forth a Frisbee or ball, while casting spells, first to drop the ball or spell, has to drink. Winner moves 5 spaces.

Avenue Q Circle- Theatre Quotes! Sing a bit of a song, say a line from Shakespeare, and the first to complete the line or guess where it's from gets to move 5 spaces.

Captain's Shield- become a hero and save an opponent from having to drink, other hero advance one space.

Numbers Plank- same as numbers triangle

Golden Ticket- this ticket gives the player access to the Wonkavator, which can go in any direction and as many spaces until you get where you want to go.

Gadsden Flag- start a famous American quote from a president or historical figure.

Piano- dance off pass off. First one to choke has to finish beer and the moonwalk back 4 spaces.

True lies plank- Truth is singular, lies are words, words, words. Word association game. Winner moves 2 spaces.

Shooting Star- ring toss, 3 rings, 3 spaces, miss them all and you have to finish your beer without moving a space. TIE BREAKER follows.

Rock Star- pick 2 opponents to air guitar battle, best one wins 3 spaces.

Hollywood Star- do your best celebrity impersonation, first person to get it, moves 2 spaces.

Nintendo Star- you can go anywhere, 10 spaces, without having to drink. Anyone in your path has to drink.

Bizarro- the hidden 5th zone, you can create a rule, that everyone has to follow, (Yes, even you, so be careful). Any rule can be changed or discarded by anyone who lands on this space.

July 2, 2015
7:23 am
Scottie D
ScottieD
Dallas, TX
Admin
Forum Posts: 845

Thanks for the random ass post @pumpkinjack .

I am game for you guys using the FLH trailer as the meetup spot at any time.  Just know that as with EVERY year, I've got a lot of places to be at the same time.  I will do my best to make it to the meetups, but don't hold me to it.

Also, last year, I think about 75% of the shirts were snagged from me in the parking lot before the gates opened.  I'm hoping to be there by Monday sometime, but probably won't have the FLH signage up until we get inside and setup.  I will take a picture of our rig though and either post it on this thread or the FLH Facebook...maybe both.  

I can't believe we're just over 2 weeks away from leaving!  GATHER!!

July 2, 2015
11:32 am
PumpkinJack
PumpkinJack
Members
Forum Posts: 6

The possible location of True Juggalo Board Game represented by a fancy pumpkin, between gypsy row and NIA campground.

true-juggalo.pngImage Enlarger

July 2, 2015
11:57 am
scruffy
scruffy
Members

Moderators

yeah, i rather doubt that anybody familiar with alcohol is gonna be too keen to spend their gathering runnin back and forth across the grounds, drinkin on orders.  

at any rate, this thread is about meetup massacres.  not drinking games.  which are inherently pointless, anyway.  

the gathering is about the worst place in the world to get sloshed.  

far as having meetups on later days, nothing inherently wrong with it, but the first one[s] would be more important, since if theres gonna be plannin on the fly, thats probably when itll take place.  

that said, the whole thing is one big meetup massacre, from my point of view.  

meetups at seminars, or whatever...  thats fine with me.  i dont reallly care all that much about the seminars, but if thats where everybodys gonna be, im with it.  

so...  for the moment, we have the first [and thus most important] actual meetup massacre happenin at flh hq sometime before 6pm on wednesday, yeah?  

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online:
67 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

Philipesodo, JaneHor, THC Drinks, Jammek, GloriaIcome

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845