April 25, 2024
84 Guests and Online

Please consider Sign Uping

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Sign Up

Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
Hatchetman
The Wraith cover and Fritz The Cat (1972)
May 23, 2017
5:53 pm
T.O.
T.O.
Members
Forum Posts: 365
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Did ICP ever acknowledge any influence from Fritz The Cat (1972 by Ralph Bakshi) for The Wraith cover? What do you guys think: coincidence or damn near rip-off?

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Fun fact: Twiztid's producer of the same name, Fritz The Cat, was involved in the production of The Wraith: Hell's Pit.

Whoop Whoop T.O. :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, juggalotus42000
May 23, 2017
6:35 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

This was the likely hand model, they overlay perfectly: 816uDN5ndxL._SL1200_.jpgImage Enlarger

Whoop Whoop Guest :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
May 23, 2017
7:05 pm
Chevy2Dope
Members
Forum Posts: 887

That's interesting, I mean it looks exactly the same. Shaggy drew the design as usual right? I wonder if he knowingly used that design as reference or if it was "subconscious" for a lack of a better term here. Then the Limp Bizkit Significant Other hand, that's also funny. I don't give a fuck, I really enjoy that album still. 

May 23, 2017
7:31 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 3424

The proportions are virtually identical. It's pretty obvious he just took the LB art, rotated it, put it on a lightbox and traced over it. Inspiration comes from different places, I guess. 

May 24, 2017
9:56 am
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

Shaggy had to have seen Fritz the Cat, and the outfit is the exact same. 

May 24, 2017
4:01 pm
vinyllover
Members
Forum Posts: 1218

There is a book out called I COULD TELL YOU BUT THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE DESTROYED BY ME. The author had access to unnamed sources who were willing to tell him at least SOME of the secret organizations within the American military and what their patches looked like.

This is the front.
9781935554141.jpgImage Enlarger

This is the back.
CS647859-01A-BIG.jpgImage Enlarger

Here is a summary:

In a work that combines ingenious journalism and bizarrely encoded art, author/photographer/investigator Trevor Paglen uncovers 75 never-before-seen-in-public military patches that reveal a bizarre secret world of the American military. Paglen investigates classified weapons projects and intelligence operations by examining their own imagery and jargon, disclosing new facts about important classified military units?here known by peculiar names (?Goat Suckers,? ?None of Your Fucking Business,? ?Tastes Like Chicken?) and illustrated with occult symbols and ridiculous cartoons. The precisely photographed patches?worn by military personnel working on classified missions, such as those at the legendary Area 51?reveal much about a strange and eerie world about which little was previously known. The author has also assembled an extensive and readable guide, based on extensive interviews with military sources and government records, to the patches included here, making this volume perhaps the best available survey of the military\'s black world?a $27 billion industry that has quietly grown by almost 50 percent since 9/11.

Here are two of the patches:
icouldtellyou_03.jpgImage Enlarger

May 24, 2017
4:13 pm
wicket_juan
wicket_juan
Members
Forum Posts: 488

that's a bad ass patch! I want one!

replacing my heart with a liver, so I can drink more and care less!

May 24, 2017
5:05 pm
vinyllover
Members

Mission Patches
Their Source and Meaninghttp://www.thelivingmoon.com/4.....g_003.html

November 5, 2018
11:01 pm
FluxTheRevolutionary
Members
Forum Posts: 42

That military patch was taken from ICP, not the other way around. The Fritz the Cat thing on the other hand is pretty god damn close. It could be that he just ripped it off or he could have done it subconsciously. When I'm writing music there are times when I'll write something and show it to someone only for them to tell me that it's almost identical to a riff in another song from a band I don't listen to. I'm sure I heard that song somewhere in passing and it stuck with me subconsciously.

November 5, 2018
11:43 pm
HahahaWooo
HahahaWooo
Members
Forum Posts: 337

Ya’ll ever notice how often J mentions party stores? Whens that last time you’ve been to one? In one aisle they will have over 50 sections filled with merchandise of whatever kids are currently into. This is and always has been a hustle. A fun one? Sure, why not but still a hustle.

November 5, 2018
11:47 pm
vinyllover
Members

Hmmm. You may indeed be right about how the ICP patch came first. But the fact that someone in the Pentagon took something from something from ICP, tells me that ICP was connected to masonry long ago.

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/4.....g_003.html

Desert Prowler 

028.gifImage Enlarger

Desert Prowler 

A second patch associated with the classified "Desert Prowler" project. Again, the collection of five-plus-one stars may represent the classified operating location at Groom Lake, Nevada, also known as Area 51.

The meaning of the other symbols on this patch is unclear.

SOURCE: http://www.naderlibrary.com/ic.....you.18.htm

The 6th Joker's wraith image from the album cover was used on a flight test patch for the Lockheed Skunk Works' Black Ops Desert Prowler program. It features the wraith with added red eyes, surrounded by six stars with the words "Desert Prowler, Alone and on the Prowl."

SOURCE: Wikipedia

The symbol of The Wraith is said to have originated with the The Wraith: Shangri-La, an album by Insane Clown Posse.

The Wraith, which represents the sixth Joker's Card, is in essence the grim reaper, or death. According to the group's mythology, upon your death, the Wraith takes you to either Shangri-La (heaven) or to Hell's Pit (hell). In The Wraith: Shangri-La, the ICP guides the listener as The Dark Wraith takes the listener upon an exhibition of heaven (while he may change his mind and try to pull you out of heaven), whereas in the group's ninth studio album, Hell's Pit, The Pure Wraith takes the listener on a voyage through hell. 

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T.....Shangri-La

November 6, 2018
12:30 am
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
Forum Posts: 11702

can someone post a clip of fritz with the wraith in it instead of just images...

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

November 7, 2018
11:31 am
juggalotus42000
juggalotus42000
Members
Forum Posts: 125

T.O. said
Did ICP ever acknowledge any influence from Fritz The Cat (1972 by Ralph Bakshi) for The Wraith cover? What do you guys think: coincidence or damn near rip-off?

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Fun fact: Twiztid's producer of the same name, Fritz The Cat, was involved in the production of The Wraith: Hell's Pit.  

T.O. said

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Damn thats pretty much identical an the time period matches for them to have seen this when they were kids

*edit* i just remembered something i have no idea how long ago but in a weekly freekly or some other shit someone in psychopathic uploaded a pic of a spray painted/tagged image of the wraith that either shaggy painted or inspired him it was so long ago i dont remember but the details but that is the jist of it, i think they even said what alleyway it was in, anyone else remember this?

November 7, 2018
12:03 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members

BX_5sjFCEAEg4Oa.jpgImage Enlarger

pticpgraffiti1.jpg
pticpgraffiti2.jpg

Whoop Whoop The Warlock :

juggalotus42000

flh-banna-coFFFpyDD_zpsKKl9s7vkap.jpg

November 7, 2018
12:08 pm
The Warlock
New Mexico
Members
November 8, 2018
8:10 am
juggalotus42000
juggalotus42000
Members

The Warlock said
BX_5sjFCEAEg4Oa.jpgImage Enlarger

pticpgraffiti1.jpg
pticpgraffiti2.jpg

yep thats it, hey worlock im a big fan of your music man, when you gonna be droping some new stuff?

November 8, 2018
8:27 am
kukluxklown
Members
Forum Posts: 1201

SO WHAT I ALWAYS WISHED THEY HAD DONE WITH 'THE WRAITH"

WAS INSTEAD OF A BLACKED OUT FACE

THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT A MIRROR ON THE CD

Whoop Whoop kukluxklown :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI, SteelCityDahmer
November 8, 2018
2:14 pm
juggalotus42000
juggalotus42000
Members

kukluxklown said
SO WHAT I ALWAYS WISHED THEY HAD DONE WITH 'THE WRAITH"

WAS INSTEAD OF A BLACKED OUT FACE

THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT A MIRROR ON THE CD  

holy shit ninja thts a fucking dope idea!

Whoop Whoop juggalotus42000 :

SPOOKYtheFUNGI
November 8, 2018
2:33 pm
MASTERWEEDO
MASTERWEEDO
Members
Forum Posts: 1199

How the fuck does this asshole get to type in all caps?!?! It's my trademark at horrorcore.com and supermensa and I was threatened with a banning when I joined the boards cuz of it.

November 8, 2018
2:40 pm
kukluxklown
Members
Forum Posts: 1201

juggalotus42000 said

holy shit ninja thts a fucking dope idea!  

THANX MAYBE WHEN THEY RELEASE "THE WRAITH" ANNIVERSAY EDITION

THEY CAN USE THAT IDEA

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 591

Currently Online: winin84724
71 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

The Warlock: 11663

King Lucem Ferre: 9098

Old Mr Dangerous: 8974

krunk: 8060

OCJ_Brendan: 6148

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 755

Members: 3743

Moderators: 6

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 12299

Newest Members:

winin84724, Nelsonprato, Weed Tinctures, DavidLem, MichaelDes

Moderators: GanjaGoblin: 2873, Psyral: 4297, bozodklown: 394, scruffy: 11447, PunkRockJuggalo: 6559, Pigg: 6492

Administrators: admin: 1, ScottieD: 845